Orients player budget

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

spen666
Regular
Regular

Re: Orients player budget

Post by spen666 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:11 pm We need to move to a different ground. This is a real problem within the current borough, but unless we solve this problem, we will never rise higher than league 1.
A ground holding about 22,000 would be a starting point, with the ability to add capacity if the club should ever get into the Premier league.
Seems a far off pipedream at present, but Brentford, Brighton, & Bournemouth were all league 2 teams 20 years or less ago, and are all now Premier league teams

I notice one distinct thing missing here - you seem to make no mention of where the funding to pay for a new ground is going to come from. The cost of building a new stadium, excluding purchase of the land is likely to be at least #100 million pounds.

Are you paying for it?

Given you and others are complaining that Orient have not got a big enough playing budget, it is not likely that someone has #100million down the back of the sofa to pay for the building of a new stadium, even if an appropriate site could be found.

Once again, its easy to sit behind a keyboard and call for others to spend money when you are not paying for anything. You quote other teams having done it, but fail identify how Orient can do what someone else has done.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:19 am
CEB wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:16 pm

I know a fair few Orient regulars who have decided their time is better spent at Stow FC,
Quantify a fair few - we're literally talking about 3 or 4, aren't we? And they're all now on their 3rd or 4th football team?

Walthamstow are not a threat to our long term existence. (Although the £650 ST The Reverend has dreampt up may well be).
I think you’ll find it was Scuba Diver who dreamt up the £650 ST. But you knew that already.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

The Reverend wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:42 am

I know a fair few Orient regulars who have decided their time is better spent at Stow FC,
Quantify a fair few - we're literally talking about 3 or 4, aren't we? And they're all now on their 3rd or 4th football team?

Walthamstow are not a threat to our long term existence. (Although the £650 ST The Reverend has dreampt up may well be).
I think you’ll find it was Scuba Diver who dreamt up the £650 ST. But you knew that already.
I just wonder if Hoover is the same person as joe(tuffers) nahhhh surly not🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Season Ticket holders aren't CASUAL FANS
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:46 am

I just wonder if Hoover is the same person as joe(tuffers) nahhhh surly not🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Wonder what you like.
You are categorically incorrect
CEB

Post by CEB »

Look mate - I know 3 or 4, yes. But then if I spoke to another random member of the geek clique, he would know three of four, too. In fact, virtually all of the people I know from orient know three or four.
So scale that up, and for every one orient fan, there are three or four who now go to Stow FC. That seems to be like a sizeable chunk!!!

In fact, if things stay like that, Orient will be overtaken by Stow FC sooner rather than later.
The only possible issue with this idea is in the unlikely event that it turns out that the 3-4 people were talking about all turn out to be Rockford, Hutch, and Spice Albert. But that doesn’t seem very plausible to me!
CEB

Post by CEB »

Anyway, I wouldn’t know because I abandoned Orient to go to Spurs on the regular instead
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Aah, apologies - you are right. (Although to be fair, you have run with the throwaway comment quite hard!)
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

https://www.thelinnets.co.uk/homeattendances.php?l=9

Walthamstow FC average attendance
Highest
482 v Maldon & Tiptree.

We are hardly talking big numbers of O's fans here.

I know a couple of fellas that watch Walthamstow
Both have never stepped foot in Brisbane rd
CEB

Post by CEB »

Bring down the vibe of a local community club - that’ll help!
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Of course. A Threat is a threat.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

CEB wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:49 am Anyway, I wouldn’t know because I abandoned Orient to go to Spurs on the regular instead
Interesting, what made you switch? Also if you are going to the spuds few of my mates say there playing more attacking and are enjoying the football more. Don’t mind me asking
CEB

Post by CEB »

Oh no you’re going to make me be sincere!
Well, I grew up a spurs fan but parents were skint and uninterested in football even as a one off birthday treat, so never got to watch them live growing up, and it never even seemed like a possibility.
Orient is still a club I have a huge affection for, but my ability to attend matches was compromised massively by working unsociable hours for mencap. During the Bechetti era I occasionally treated myself to a spurs match when it was an unglamorous fixture with a chance of getting tickets.
After Justin Edinburgh’s death on top of the horrible Bechetti situation , I found that I associated going to Orient with sadness, and there’d been a few deaths in the family around that time too, so I kind of drifted away and I never quite recovered the desire to go back to orient, plus I was getting older and too unfit to enjoy playing for the orientear (insert joke here)
After Covid I was missing going to football, and had a few ex work colleagues who invited me along to spurs a few times. It initially felt like a treat to my younger self (especially not having children so not needing to weigh it up against child related stuff) and after a couple of years as a member, I got the chance to buy a season ticket at a time I could afford it, and snapped it up. This season it’s even fun to actually watch the games :D
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Hang on, what? You actually do have a Spurs ST?
CEB

Post by CEB »

Yes :D
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:28 am Hang on, what? You actually do have a Spurs ST?
You don't?
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

CEB wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:24 am but my ability to attend matches was compromised massively by being a **** (fool) on the social medias and pi$$ing off practically every Orient fan
CEB

Post by CEB »

If that had been the reason, I’d have stopped going in 2002
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

CEB wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:24 am Oh no you’re going to make me be sincere!
Well, I grew up a spurs fan but parents were skint and uninterested in football even as a one off birthday treat, so never got to watch them live growing up, and it never even seemed like a possibility.
Orient is still a club I have a huge affection for, but my ability to attend matches was compromised massively by working unsociable hours for mencap. During the Bechetti era I occasionally treated myself to a spurs match when it was an unglamorous fixture with a chance of getting tickets.
After Justin Edinburgh’s death on top of the horrible Bechetti situation , I found that I associated going to Orient with sadness, and there’d been a few deaths in the family around that time too, so I kind of drifted away and I never quite recovered the desire to go back to orient, plus I was getting older and too unfit to enjoy playing for the orientear (insert joke here)
After Covid I was missing going to football, and had a few ex work colleagues who invited me along to spurs a few times. It initially felt like a treat to my younger self (especially not having children so not needing to weigh it up against child related stuff) and after a couple of years as a member, I got the chance to buy a season ticket at a time I could afford it, and snapped it up. This season it’s even fun to actually watch the games :D
Thanks for the reply CEB I can see where your coming from and good luck to you. Why not treat yourself as you get older and as they say you only live once so make the most of it.would you consider coming back on a more regular basis and what would it take if you did? Personally this is the first season I’ve had a ST only because I have a group of mates that I’ve known for over 50 years,they have ST’s and it’s good to get together and have a moan not just about the O’s but everything 😂😂😂
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

A Spurs ST & A PS5 , How the other half live.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:53 am

Aah, apologies - you are right. (Although to be fair, you have run with the throwaway comment quite hard!)
No problem.

As for running with it - I generally prefer to engage with the suggestions and ideas that people put forward on this board rather than vigorously attempting to tear them down, tell them how stupid they are and demonstrating to everyone that I am “right”, which seems to be the default attitude of a lot of people on here.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Relentless.
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

Monkey Boy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:46 am

Thanks for your input Sid, respect your opinion as always.