Israel

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Israel

Post by The Reverend »

CEB wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:12 pm The dispute with Caca was interesting to me because it was about something.

This is just very dull. As he said, I did say he was on foe. Bit silly of me to respond, since he’s got plenty of rope.

Please keep up with the Brian Whitehouse theory, though, it’s a corker. Have fun with it, anyway x
CEB: I find this feud with you dull

Also CEB: continues pursuing feud for the next 90 mins
CEB
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

I said the feud was dull. I didn’t say I’m not dull. Are you not self aware enough to recognise the inherent fullness of all this? Blimey!
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

CEB wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:57 pm I said the feud was dull. I didn’t say I’m not dull. Are you not self aware enough to recognise the inherent fullness of all this? Blimey!
As with hypocrisy, I won’t be taking lectures on self awareness from you
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/ ... n-pakistan

Islamic State claim responsibility for Iran bombing.

Didnt see that coming, everyone seemed to point the finger at Israel.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Long slender neck wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:45 pm https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/ ... n-pakistan

Islamic State claim responsibility for Iran bombing.

Didnt see that coming, everyone seemed to point the finger at Israel.
Good to see your sympathy flowing yet again.

Somewhere in the region of 100 innocent civilians murdered in a terrorist attack and you pipe up with a 'At least it wasn't Israel's fault, everyone always blames them'. (Even though IS had admitted responsibility immediately for this).

It's probably for the best if you stay off of this thread, you really don't do yourself any favours.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Articles I had read suspected Israel. If you're only interested in digging me out rather than the actual topic, perhaps you should stay off this thread.
faldO
Fresh Alias

Post by faldO »

Hoover Attack wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:13 am
Somewhere in the region of 100 innocent civilians murdered in a terrorist attack and you pipe up with a 'At least it wasn't Israel's fault, everyone always blames them'. (Even though IS had admitted responsibility immediately for this).
The Iran bomb was on Weds. ISIS only admitted responsibility yesterday (Thurs). ISIS did not admit responsibility *immediately* as you say, and Iran initially blamed Israel.

From Wikipedia:

On 4 January, the Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack in a statement posted on Telegram.[2] It later released images on its news outlet Amaq showing two masked individuals who were brothers whom it claimed carried out the attack as suicide bombers.[38][18]

Prior to Islamic State's claim of responsibility, Iranian president Ebrahim Raisi blamed Israel for the attack.[39] Vice President Mohammad Mokhber and Expediency Discernment Council member General Mohsen Rezaee also blamed Israel for the bombings.[40][41]
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Tbf Iran always immediately blames Israel for anything like this, regardless of the evidence - they have an automatic reply set up on their Outlook.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Can you stop bleating on about bloody Iran for one minute?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

So why are IS going after Iran?
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

I think Iran finds ISIS's methods of public execution distasteful. Iran prefers hanging people from a crane so everyone gets a better view
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

faldO wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:54 am
The Iran bomb was on Weds. ISIS only admitted responsibility yesterday (Thurs). e bombings.[40][41] [/i]
How tardy of them.

Seriously. 100 innocent civillians blown to smithereens in a terrorist attack and this is peoples concern?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:42 am So why are IS going after Iran?
They are both Islamo-fascists, but of slightly different flavours (Shia v Sunni). Therefore, the existence of one is a direct challenge on the other's claim for legitimacy and supremacy.

They can be convinced to rub along okay when faced with a common enemy. For instance, Hamas has more in common with ISIS, but is more than happy to be a proxy for Iran as they both have the same stated goal of eradicating Israel. But as Israel is not as high up on ISIS's list of priorities (yet), it will be happy to focus its efforts on attacking any rival claim for the crown of being the biggest group of Islamist arseholes in the region.

[Puts on tin foil hat]I would not be altogether surprised if Israel was taking full advantage of this as a way of countering Iran's methods of soft warfare and power projection. Slipping ISIS a few quid and some materiel could be quite tempting for Mossad.[/Takes off tin foil hat]
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Dunners wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:05 am For instance, Hamas has more in common with ISIS, but is more than happy to be a proxy for Iran as they both have the same stated goal of eradicating Israel.
I thought Hamas, designated a terrorist organisation by the UK Government, had been trying for a 2 state solution for years.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... 67-borders
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Hoover Attack wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:40 am
Dunners wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:05 am For instance, Hamas has more in common with ISIS, but is more than happy to be a proxy for Iran as they both have the same stated goal of eradicating Israel.
I thought Hamas, designated a terrorist organisation by the UK Government, had been trying for a 2 state solution for years.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... 67-borders
That's one reading, but the timing of that revised charter sure was convenient and cynics could be forgiven for thinking it was just to distract efforts to negotiate with Fatah. I don't think that anyone is seriously trying to claim that either Israeli or Hamas leadership were serious about a 2-state solution.
faldO
Fresh Alias

Post by faldO »

Hoover Attack wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:54 am
faldO wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:54 am
The Iran bomb was on Weds. ISIS only admitted responsibility yesterday (Thurs). e bombings.[40][41] [/i]
How tardy of them.

Seriously. 100 innocent civillians blown to smithereens in a terrorist attack and this is peoples concern?
Your claim that ISIS assumed responsibility *immediately* - the claim you used to have a dig at LSN with - was incorrect. And, as he said, the initial finger-pointing was at Israel until ISIS claimed responsibility the next day.

It's perfectly possible to be concerned for people killed in a terrorist attack AND have an interest in what's going on in the wider context (in this case the reaction to the event and who might be responsible), it's not an either/or choice.
CEB
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by CEB »

I would assume that in this context “immediately” means “within a time frame where only people who jump to conclusions and can’t wait for any length of time will have asserted anything before responsibility was taken”

but what do I know?
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Immediate means before the first limbs have fallen back to the ground. Anything less expedient is just delaying tactics.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

So crude. Checking with Admin if your post is acceptable.
CEB
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by CEB »

Just move past it
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

I would like to apologise to all Yemenis for the disgusting act of war perpetrated upon them by the UK last night.
We are supposed to be a parliamentary democracy, and in a parliamentary democracy, attacks on other sovereign countries requires a discussion and a vote in parliament.
Sunak is acting like a dictator.
And why are we fighting Israel's war for them?
We are aiding a country that has committed the worst genocide for 80 years
#notinmyname
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Er, the Houthi rebels arent a country though are they? They're nutters attacking various ships.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

LOL, the cranks are in full swing as expected. There's no military action they are capable of understanding to be reasonable.

The Houthis are yet another bunch of Islamist nut jobs paid by Iran to stir trouble. Here's their official slogan (no joke):

"God is the greatest;
death to America;
death to Israel;
curse the Jews;
victory to Islam."

You can see why certain leftists are eager to side with them.

The aim of the attacks on shipping isn't just to disrupt trade. It's to threaten Egypt with economic collapse as it is desperately reliant on £10billion in Suez passage fees. Without that there is a risk of unrest and an Iran-friendly, Islamist regime seizing power, which checkmates Israel.

Here's the most recent timeline:

9 January: Houthis f*ck about and launch largest attack on Royal Navy vessels in two decades.

10 January: UNSC resolution demands Houthis immediately cease all shipping attacks, affirms right of member states to defend their vessels. Houthis ignore the warning.

11 January: UK and US aircraft strike back and Houthis find out.

12 January: Cranks go full-on crank mode and don't let us down.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

"God is the greatest;
death to America;
death to Israel;
curse the Jews;
victory to Islam."
Could've at least made it rhyme.

Why do all these nutters hate America so much?
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

‘God is the greatest;
death to America;
death to Israel;
curse the Jews;
victory to Islam."………………errr……

And another thing!