Israel

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Israel

Post by The Reverend »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:18 pm
The Reverend wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:36 am
Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:13 am

So here we are again:

Saying that you have no sympathy for tens of thousands of innocent civilians being brutally murdered on a daily basis - OK.

Saying that someone is a C word for having no sympathy for tens of thousands of innocent civilians being brutally murdered on a daily basis - NOT OK.

This is the hurdle we're unable to get over.
The “hurdle” is actually not understanding that someone having an opinion which to you is offensive and outright abusing somebody are not the same thing.

Why should any user get to decide that they are upset enough to then break what is a clear message board rule.

If someone can demonstrate how exactly LSN has broken message board rules then we have a different situation. If somebody doesn’t have sympathy for something it’s not against the rules for them to be honest about this, providing they don’t directly abuse others in doing so.

What CEB is doing is trying to force an ultimatum whereby somebody has to alter their opinion so it is in line with what he believes in, even though the opinion expressed in the first place wasn’t against the rules.

Directly abusing someone is against the rules, regardless of trying to downplay is as “just” using a nasty word.
DO NOT post comments that are overtly objectionable: such as discriminatory, racist,
You are accusing LSN of being racist. That’s quite serious. Can you share the specific post where something racist was said.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

You’re not smart enough to do this.

I’ve made it pretty clear which comment I think is racist. LSN has moderated and concluded it was clumsy, not racist.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:34 am
... innocent people ... which the entire population of Palestine clearly are....
Without getting into the historical grievances and acceptingthe bad things done by Israel, are you including Palestinians who are active members of Hamas and carried out atrocities against Israeli civilians on 7th October?
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

CEB wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:34 pm
Long slender neck wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:26 pm I apologise if my clumsily worded post offended anyone. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I wont be forced into changing any of mine.

I did not abuse my power or hide behind mod tools. I'm not prepared to take abuse, be misquoted, have my posts taken out of context and be wilfully misunderstood. I'm always open to discussion.
Thank you for the apology. I’m not interested in changing your opinion, you’re welcome to it. I was interested in whether you stand by your post. Since you don’t, we are good.

You *did* abuse your mod power, by arbitrating on a dispute you ignited. We are not going to agree on that though (except insofar as that I was under the impression your acknowledged that you shouldn’t have been the one to arbitrate on that) and I don’t care enough to press that further, because it’s apparent what you did.

I’ll respond to your apology in kind: I’m sorry if you were offended by being called a c*** when you clumsily made yourself look like one. Assuming you aren’t that clumsy in the future, I won’t call you one again.

Happy New Year x
There is no stopping you is there? Like a dog with a bone.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Dunners wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:06 pm
... innocent people ... which the entire population of Palestine clearly are....
Without getting into the historical grievances and acceptingthe bad things done by Israel, are you including Palestinians who are active members of Hamas and carried out atrocities against Israeli civilians on 7th October?
That’s not what I said but excellent misquoting.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Also, it’s a bit clumsy calling the murder of innocent civillians a bad thing.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:23 pm
Genuinely not trying to misquote. But your original post does seem to state that all Palestinians are innocent.

Edit: you say the entire population of Palestine. Which I take to include those members of said population who have chosen to be active combatants. Are they innocent?

I'm not trying to justify the Israeli response or diminish the consequences on those civilians who are genuinely innocent.
Last edited by Dunners on Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:24 pm Also, it’s a bit clumsy calling the murder of innocent civillians a bad thing.
I couldn't be bothered listing all the bad things.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Suggest you edit your clumsily worded post. Otherwise it sounds like you're supporting Hamas and I'll have to get Admin in to rule on if this is a banning offence.

*unt.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Dunners wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:28 pm

Genuinely not trying to misquote. But your original post does seem to state that all Palestinians are innocent.

Edit: you say the entire population of Palestine. Which I take to include those members of said population who have chosen to be active combatants. Are they innocent?

I'm not trying to justify the Israeli response or diminish the consequences on those civilians who are genuinely innocent.
Not at all. It states that they’re all suffering.

But nice misquoting. :D
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Long slender neck wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:37 pm

Suggest you edit your clumsily worded post. Otherwise it sounds like you're supporting Hamas and I'll have to get Admin in to rule on if this is a banning offence.

*unt.
There’s a spurious *unt at the end of your post here. Suggest you edit before someone reports you for abusive comments.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:46 pm
Dunners wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:28 pm

Not at all. It states that they’re all suffering.

But nice misquoting. :D
Okay, I interpreted it incorrectly. I've reread your original comment and you do in fact say that the entire population is suffering, not that the entire population is innocent. Apologies.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

This isn’t how boardin works.

Shame on you.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

A bit nasty of you to imply that almost zero Palestinians are innocent, though.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:39 pm You’re not smart enough to do this.

I’ve made it pretty clear which comment I think is racist. LSN has moderated and concluded it was clumsy, not racist.
So he didn’t say anything racist. Thanks for confirming. We already have one “I’m smarter than everyone here” we don’t need you joining in as well.
CEB
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

Just a little observation, but I’m the only person involved who has stopped posting about this in a conflict type way after Caca, to his credit, de-escalated.
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

I'm a bit lost here. Can someone produce a flow chart or something to show who's arguing with who
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Celtient wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:19 pm I'm a bit lost here. Can someone produce a flow chart or something to show who's arguing with who
I’ll keep it simple for you:

CEB is morally and intellectually superior to everyone on this board (in his own head).
CEB
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by CEB »

Celtient wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:19 pm I'm a bit lost here. Can someone produce a flow chart or something to show who's arguing with who
Yes, the flow chart would have an arrow pointing to the past, and it would say “the argument is there”

Anyone still fighting it is doing so because, despite their protestations, they like the drama of a flare up
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

CEB wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:49 pm
Yes, the flow chart would have an arrow pointing to the past, and it would say “the argument is there”

Anyone still fighting it is doing so because, despite their protestations, they like the drama of a flare up
You’ve changed.

*unt.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

I've kept quiet so far, but I want to put my opinion in.
CEB appears to be an arrogant so& so, who could make an argument in an empty room.
My suggestion is he leaves this board, as very few like him, or more importantly wish to engage with him.
He was banned previously, and imo, shouldn't have been allowed back.
I'm done now
Happy new year
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

I like him so that’s 1 more than likes you.

You leave.
CEB
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by CEB »

I also like me so so far that’s ComeonyouOs and HooverAttack both on zero likes and needing to leave, while I’m racing ahead of the pack with two likes
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Re all the fighting & arguing on this thread.

What we need is a ceasefire between the combatants

Perhaps also work towards a 2 thread future, one for Palestinian supporters and one for Israeli supporters
CEB
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by CEB »

We’re currently in a humanitarian pause