Israel

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Re: Israel

Post by Hoover Attack »

Daily Express bot wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:00 am Can only hope and pray for no more innocent lives to be lost.
:lol:
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:04 am
Daily Express bot wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:00 am Can only hope and pray for no more innocent lives to be lost.
What is funny about hoping for that? We know likelihood is there will be but must live in hope not throw towel in ?
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

The Israelis are killing hundreds of innocent civillians on a daily basis. Your hopes and prays aren't working.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:43 am Whilst I think your comments were unnecessarily callous, CEB doesn’t care about their content. He wants to be proven ‘right’ and be validated. The ban obviously cut deep and the lengthy posts about his ‘position’ all translate to , “I’m right, you’re wrong and I want someone to validate that”.

Why doesn’t everyone move on?
This is such an excellent observation. This CEB character seems to believe that they are morally and intellectually superior to everyone else on this board, which in itself is quite amusing.

It’s especially amusing that he has the cheek to claim that nobody *really* cares about the widespread use of vulgar insults that he has normalised on this board and yet we’re all supposed to believe that he genuinely cares this much about a throwaway comment from a moderator on a message board for a third division football club. His go to insult is to accuse others of hypocrisy and yet he is by far the biggest hypocrite on here. The best part is that he genuinely believes his “I’m so much smarter than everyone” story so can’t even see his own hypocrisy.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

The Reverend wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:59 am a throwaway comment from a moderator on a message board
This is the crux of the issue. He clearly thinks the comment was not just 'throwaway'.

I'm of the same mind, which is why I immediately called it out (and was instantly banned in a hissy fit). I've since flagged it for Admin, who has ignored it, but I've let it go. I just haven't got CEBs staying power.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:19 am
The Reverend wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:59 am a throwaway comment from a moderator on a message board
This is the crux of the issue. He clearly thinks the comment was not just 'throwaway'.

I'm of the same mind, which is why I immediately called it out (and was instantly banned in a hissy fit). I've since flagged it for Admin, who has ignored it, but I've let it go. I just haven't got CEBs staying power.
Why are people so bothered about what strangers say on a message board for a third division football club?

CEBs relentless bullying of LSN isn’t going to help the people of Palestine. As Rich Tea Wellens correctly pointed out, CEB doesn’t *really* care about these people, it’s all about him being proven “right” on a message board full of strangers.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

The Reverend wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:25 am
Why are people so bothered about what strangers say on a message board for a third division football club?

You realise you’ve spent the whole of December arguing about strangers using the C word on the message board of a 3rd division football club, right.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:36 am

You realise you’ve spent the whole of December arguing about strangers using the C word on the message board of a 3rd division football club, right.
Yes, my point being that people should be able to use this message board without being directly abused by others.

What’s CEBs point? People shouldn’t be able to post opinions he doesn’t agree with?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Its that he should be free to abuse people who offend him, because its not as bad as whatever he's taken offence to.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Long slender neck wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:39 am Its that he should be free to abuse people who offend him, because its not as bad as whatever he's taken offence to (as unilaterally decided by him)
Amended that slightly for you
CEB

Post by CEB »

Long slender neck wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:39 am Its that he should be free to abuse people who offend him, because its not as bad as whatever he's taken offence to.

I mean, one way of working out what my point is might be to read what I said my point was, rather than writing what you’d like my point to be.

But again, I await Admin’s take on it.

Still baffled by the way that people think that this is about me wanting free rein to say what I like, when in fact it’s about wanting Admin to clarify whether LSN has free rein to say what he likes: after all, I’m the one here totally accepting consequences for my actions: I will get banned if I continue to call Caca a c***. That’s fine. So I’m just awaiting Admin’s call on whether Caca’s post remains up. If it does, then the board’s range of permitted expressions isn’t aligned with what works for me (since it permits callous inhumanity and prohibits swearing, and I personally like swearing and dislike callous inhumanity) and I’ll be off.

While if Caca or Admin remove the post in question, then I’ll happily accept that both callous inhumanity and swearing are both disallowed here.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

the board’s range of permitted expressions isn’t aligned with what works for me
Is anywhere?
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Interesting how “ignoring the comment that you disagree with and not abusing others in petty retaliation” aren’t options for this apparent titan of morality and intelligence…
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

First I'm inflammatory, now inhumane. All because of my level of perceived sympathy for Palestinians?
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Long slender neck wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:52 am First I'm inflammatory, now inhumane. All because of my level of perceived sympathy for Palestinians?
I don’t really see where CEBs confusion is. The rules of the board are clear and easy to see, pinned to the top of the main page. They clearly state that:

“ the direct use of foul language towards another member.” is against the rules.

What they don’t say is:

“Opinions that CEB doesn’t like” are against the rules.

I don’t really understand why Admin needs to be dragged into this. The rules are clear. And it’s clear who has broken them and who hasn’t.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Long slender neck wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:49 am
the board’s range of permitted expressions isn’t aligned with what works for me
Is anywhere?

As moderator, considering that I’ve tried to escalate an issue to Admin, and I’m awaiting the outcome of that, maybe a good idea at this point is that you and I pause discussing it and wait. You know my position, I know yours, we’re at an impasse. I’ve blocked the guy who is centring himself in the issue, and I suspect you don’t particularly need him cheerleading for you either, so we have no need to waste time re-fighting it in the meantime.
I’m off for a run, and FYI, I have no personal issue with you outside of choosing to make a stand on this, and I am 100% comfortable with leaving this place if the outcome is that all things considered, your post was cool. We’ve both made a stand in that you, despite knowing your post was unwise at best, are refusing to remove the post. On balance, the most likely outcome is that your post gets to stay, and I end up leaving. So how about we wait for that?

And let’s stop with the pretending to think that I’m asking for permission to abuse you. I chose the term deliberately to echo what Conkles was banned for. I used it repeatedly to force the issue to be dealt with, and the upshot ultimately isn’t that I want to be free to call you a c***, the upshot is that if your post is OK, and calling you a c*** for it isn’t, then I’m happily off.

Happy new year, and in the spirit of the season - one final offer that if you remove that post on the basis it was unwise and posted before your worked out your thoughts, I’ll apologise for calling you a c*** and will not do so again. Maybe consider it from the angle of what saves Admin from needless bother, and what allows moving on with nobody losing too much face, rather than from the angle of what will go down better with the guy who has latched onto this dispute from the sidelines
CEB

Post by CEB »

Long slender neck wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:52 am First I'm inflammatory, now inhumane. All because of my level of perceived sympathy for Palestinians?

Well, yes 🤷
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

This CEB character really is a manipulative individual. Anybody who says “I’ll apologise if you do X first” doesn’t mean whatever fake apology they may provide. They are simply using it as a way of getting somebody to do something they want.

As somebody else correctly pointed out, this whole saga is about CEB validating to himself, in front of strangers on a third division football club message board, that he is “right”.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

The Reverend wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:38 am
Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:36 am

Yes, my point being that people should be able to use this message board without being directly abused by others.

What’s CEBs point? People shouldn’t be able to post opinions he doesn’t agree with?
So here we are again:

Saying that you have no sympathy for tens of thousands of innocent civilians being brutally murdered on a daily basis - OK.

Saying that someone is a C word for having no sympathy for tens of thousands of innocent civilians being brutally murdered on a daily basis - NOT OK.

This is the hurdle we're unable to get over.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

I dont see the point in editing what has been said weeks ago, reported by nobody, it doesn't achieve anything. I dont think censoring opinions you consider inflammatory or inhumane would be a wise precedent.

You and conkles have taken my post out of context, abused me, inserted words i didnt use and refused to discuss the subject. I'm not going to rollover for you now.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Long slender neck wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:16 am
You and conkles have taken my post out of context, abused me, inserted words i didnt use
CEB

Post by CEB »

Yep. And the outcome can be one of these, and this is what we’re awaiting clarity on

1: it’s OK for a moderator to express a lack of sympathy for dead civilians, not ok to post an asterisked swear word at the moderator who does it
(outcome - I leave the board)

2: it’s not OK to swear at a moderator, it’s also not OK for a moderator to post that he has no sympathy for civilians being brutally murdered
(outcome - Caca’s post is removed, he’s reminded to not be needlessly inflammatory and to not arbitrate disputes he’s involved in, I am reminded that swearing is against the rules. We all move on)

Here’s the outcome that I’m not requesting, even though it’s the way people are choosing to read this thread:

3: CEB is told that it’s fine for him to call anyone a swear word at any time, Caca gets banned on the basis that CEB decided he gets to remove posts he doesn’t like
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:43 pm This week the bbc published an article about what Hamas did to the Israeli women. It was barbaric, some of the worst stuff you can imagine, i wont link it here as it was that disturbing.

So I've almost zero sympathy for the Palestinians.
A reminder.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

I haven't said anything about 'civilians being murdered', thats you being inflammatory.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Long slender neck wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:16 am I'm not going to rollover for you now.
Which is why we await Admin’s decision, which you’ve pushed into needing to be either
1: he removes your post and clarifies that you should not arbitrate on disputes you’re involved in

2: he clarifies that you do indeed have freedom to say what you like about dead civilians, and that we don’t have the right to call you a **** for it - in which case, I’ll be off.

So let’s leave it there, and wait for Admin, yeah?