Who will join in January?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

LPE
Fresh Alias

Re: Who will join in January?

Post by LPE »

MalvoliO wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:32 pm
Ron Waffle wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:10 pm Charlie Kirk and Dane Scarlett (loan)
Kirk and Scarlett? Captain material. Sensible.

Bravo.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Slightly concerning that Richie said the Jan window didn’t concern him and that it’s lings job to bring what’s needed in. Hinted at the fact he hasn’t got much involvement. Not sure that’s strictly true but the tone was worrying
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:21 am Slightly concerning that Richie said the Jan window didn’t concern him and that it’s lings job to bring what’s needed in. Hinted at the fact he hasn’t got much involvement. Not sure that’s strictly true but the tone was worrying
Maybe his way of saying "it's not my fault" if the fans are not happy with how the transfer window went
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:21 am Slightly concerning that Richie said the Jan window didn’t concern him and that it’s lings job to bring what’s needed in. Hinted at the fact he hasn’t got much involvement. Not sure that’s strictly true but the tone was worrying
It’s very concerning, if the club are serious about keeping RW they have to supply the funds needed to bring in who RW wants.
Lings job should be to bring in only who RW identifies by sorting out only the contracts.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

He said "I'm not bothered about that at all, I'll leave that to Lingy and the recruitment team, we do need a couple"

And

"Transfer window is not in the forefront of my mind, I'm trying to get the best out of the players we've got"
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Long slender neck wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:35 pm
He said "I'm not bothered about that at all, I'll leave that to Lingy and the recruitment team, we do need a couple"

And

"Transfer window is not in the forefront of my mind, I'm trying to get the best out of the players we've got"
That’s even more worrying, sounds like he has been told there are no funds available to bring in who he actually wants and is going to have to put up with who Ling and the recruitment team identify, very, very worrying !!
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

PoundhillO wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:03 pm

And

That’s even more worrying, sounds like he has been told there are no funds available to bring in who he actually wants and is going to have to put up with who Ling and the recruitment team identify, very, very worrying !!
That's how it came across to me too, especially when compared with a few weeks ago when he was asking for more experience needing to be brought in.

As it stands RW can stand behind a mid-tableb position at the halfway point despite injuries and dubious recruitment for our main striker. If we don't strengthen in January and we get left behind by the competition then that lies elsewhere.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Very worrying.

He’s clearly not impressed with who we’ve got lined up and thrown it firmly at the door of Lingy and the recruitment team.
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

Why worrying? Just confirming what a lot of people believe it’s in Ling’s hands and always has been!
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

It's the first time I've heard Richie state it's in the hands of others...
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:13 pm Very worrying.

He’s clearly not impressed with who we’ve got lined up and thrown it firmly at the door of Lingy and the recruitment team.
Their is no chance we will reach the playoffs.We possibly need 8 wins from 23 games to stay up. Good players are hard to get in the January window. So we stay up and concentrate on getting good players in the summer. The likes of Drinan ,Moncur ,Hunt Prately and possibly Piggot will free up a lot of cash to really buy into the market for next season
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:40 pm It's the first time I've heard Richie state it's in the hands of others...
I know who I would trust between RW and ML.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

RW said last week we need to get a few out to bring a couple in. I'm sure between them they will see that is what will happen.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

gshaw wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:36 pm

And

That's how it came across to me too, especially when compared with a few weeks ago when he was asking for more experience needing to be brought in.

As it stands RW can stand behind a mid-tableb position at the halfway point despite injuries and dubious recruitment for our main striker. If we don't strengthen in January and we get left behind by the competition then that lies elsewhere.
RW knew the budget when he signed a new contract in the summer and was happy with it - there wont be any new money without moving people out
and he knew that two a couple of weeks ago when he spoke to Dulcet Dave. We need to move out two or three squad players and bring in a couple of loans until the end of the season. I imagine Cooper will go back to Swansea and they will have to try and move on a couple more. Not easy but if we haven't got the money not a lot we can do.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Top of the JES wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:15 pm

RW knew the budget when he signed a new contract in the summer and was happy with it - there wont be any new money without moving people out
and he knew that a couple of weeks ago when he spoke to Dulcet Dave. We need to move out two or three squad players and bring in a couple of loans until the end of the season. I imagine Cooper will go back to Swansea and they will have to try and move on a couple more. Not easy but if we haven't got the money not a lot we can do.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

and he knew that two a couple of weeks ago when he spoke to Dulcet Dave. We need to move out two or three squad players and bring in a couple of loans until the end of the season. I imagine Cooper will go back to Swansea and they will have to try and move on a couple more. Not easy but if we haven't got the money not a lot we can do.
Money is there. They just don’t want to put their hands in their pockets.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:19 pm

The budget has been spent - They put their hands in their pockets every week to keep the club running. who do you think covers our weekly losses.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Top of the JES wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:24 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:19 pm

The budget has been spent - They put their hands in their pockets every week to keep the club running. who do you think covers our weekly £40k losses.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

He knew the budget though I do wonder if he knew it'd be spent on Pigott whether he would've made different demands...
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

gshaw wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:26 pm
He knew the budget though I do wonder if he knew it'd be spent on Pigott whether he would've made different demands...
When the O's sign a player it's always a gamble you should have worked that out by now, we can't throw big wages about to attract the best players at our level. Pigott has been hit and mainly miss throughout his career but when he became available RW wanted him. As someone said on the board yesterday he doesn't really fit in our system and he's not an out and out centre forward.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Spot on , if it wasn’t RW that personally wanted Pigott he has a right to be extremely angry, so who decided on bring Pigott in is the key question ?
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

PoundhillO wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:58 pm
Spot on , if it wasn’t RW that personally wanted Pigott he has a right to be extremely angry, so who decided on bring Pigott in is the key question ?
The story that's been told on FB was that it was all set for McKirdy but once that fell through due to his medical issue Pigott was the panic signing as it was getting late to sign anyone
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

gshaw wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:33 am

The story that's been told on FB was that it was all set for McKirdy but once that fell through due to his medical issue Pigott was the panic signing as it was getting late to sign anyone
Would kike to no source but yeah, that's the only way his signing makes any sense. I think he's ok but he just isn't a Wellens player and doesn't fit. The same as with players like Harry Smith, who he inherited, and George Moncur who I understand was also forced on him.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:22 am
gshaw wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:33 am

Would kike to no source but yeah, that's the only way his signing makes any sense. I think he's ok but he just isn't a Wellens player and doesn't fit. The same as with players like Harry Smith, who he inherited, and George Moncur who I understand was also forced on him.
It's true we wanted Harry McKirdy and he was our first choice but nothing we could do about his medical condition. Sowe had to change targets late on in the window and Pigott had negotiated his contract release at Ipswich and we approached him but he was wanted by RW.

https://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/spo ... oe-pigott/
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

"He can play centre forward, but he can also play wide, so his versatility is something that could be really important for us."

Richie clearly had no idea who he was.