Who will leave in January?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Who will leave in January?

Post by Sid Bishop »

gshaw wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:02 pm
Zorro wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:31 pm I can't see Moncur going anywhere until his contract expires. Who would want to pick up the reputed 3k a week wage bill for an inconsistent, out of sorts, luxury player?
L2 club challenging for promotion. He does enough at that level to change games e.g. that goal against Wimbledon at home that was absolutely vital
Time will tell with all these questions.
Not sure about the Happe contract situation, is he out of contract in January or at the end of this season and IF he is out of contract in January, then would he be leaving on a free transfer if he chooses to leave the Os and sign on for another team ?
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Sid Bishop wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:35 pm
Zorro wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:31 pm I can't see Moncur going anywhere until his contract expires. Who would want to pick up the reputed 3k a week wage bill for an inconsistent, out of sorts, luxury player?
L2 club challenging for promotion. He does enough at that level to change games e.g. that goal against Wimbledon at home that was absolutely vital
Not sure about the Happe contract situation, is he out of contract in January or at the end of this season and IF he is out of contract in January, then would he be leaving on a free transfer if he chooses to leave the Os and sign on for another team ?
Seems like he is contracted to Orient till the end of this season with an option of a further year.

''Leyton Orient are delighted to announce that academy graduate Dan Happe has signed a contract extension at Brisbane Road, which will keep him at the club for at least another season. Happe, 24, has agreed terms to remain at E10 for at least the 2023/24 SkyBet League One season, with an option of a further year''
https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2023/ ... ane-road-/
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Top of the JES wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:58 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:33 pm
Top of the JES wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:09 pm

You actually said he'd be gone by Christmas - He's still here.
I actually didn’t. Numpty. End of the season
See you still can’t post without name calling, a bit immature don’t you think ?

Anyway Merry Christmas.
And you still can’t get your facts right. Ho Ho Ho
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

No one should leave, as we will need squad depth to get a mid-table finish.

Got to get people in, though.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

EliotNes wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:13 pm No one should leave, as we will need squad depth to get a mid-table finish.

Got to get people in, though.
There lies the problem though, According to RW we need to get a couple out before we bring anyone in.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Ideally:

OUT: Thompson, Cooper, Drinan, Pratley, Hunt

IN: Centre back, Full back, Winger, Target man
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Long slender neck wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:12 pm Ideally:

Pratley is going nowhere.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Sid Bishop wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:50 pm

Seems like he is contracted to Orient till the end of this season with an option of a further year.

''Leyton Orient are delighted to announce that academy graduate Dan Happe has signed a contract extension at Brisbane Road, which will keep him at the club for at least another season. Happe, 24, has agreed terms to remain at E10 for at least the 2023/24 SkyBet League One season, with an option of a further year''
I remember when he signed there was talk it was just a holding position and he really wanted a move in summer but it didn't come off.

His performances haven't been particularly great of late, hence RW asking for more and imo it seems like a player trying to protect himself from injury for January. We shall see, he's replaceable if it comes to it.

If an offer came for Sotiriou I'd take the money there too as well given his contract situation in summer. Realistically the only ones that would attract interest fee wise.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

gshaw wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:58 pm

I remember when he signed there was talk it was just a holding position and he really wanted a move in summer but it didn't come off.

His performances haven't been particularly great of late, hence RW asking for more and imo it seems like a player trying to protect himself from injury for January. We shall see, he's replaceable if it comes to it.

If an offer came for Sotiriou I'd take the money there too as well given his contract situation in summer. Realistically the only ones that would attract interest fee wise.
Happy Christmas to you 'gshaw''
Ok, so no surprise that you want Ruel out of the building !!
If I recall correctly, well at the start of the season you wanted Ruel sold off or loaned out to a Division 2 or National League team !!
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:57 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:33 pm

I actually didn’t. Numpty. End of the season

Anyway Merry Christmas.
Happy Christmas "Monkey Boy"
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

The Reverend wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:50 pm

Happy Christmas to "The Reverend"
IMO, Cooper is the most likely of the loan players to return to his home club.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Sid Bishop wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:14 am

Anyway Merry Christmas.
And a happy Christmas and healthy new year to you Sid
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:16 am

I agree but it's actually a shame because I think he's a good player .
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Sid Bishop wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:09 am

If I recall correctly, well at the start of the season you wanted Ruel sold off or loaned out to a Division 2 or National League team !!
Merry Christmas to you too, hope you have a good one regardless of Orient results :D

I'm not writing in this thread about who I may or may not want to go, just what I think could happen based around contracts and potential interest elsewhere.

We badly need some L1 quality reinforcements so if an offer came in for a player we'd lose on a free in summer it would be difficult to turn down.
Eggski
Fresh Alias

Post by Eggski »

My wife with the milkman , it'll be lonely this Christmas without you to moan
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:46 am
Sid Bishop wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:16 am

I agree but it's actually a shame because I think he's a good player .
Minus the sending off the other week, for which he deserves a lengthy ban, I also think he has been a decent addition.

If he goes we need to find another CB because I’m just not convinced by either of Beckles, Happe or Turns at this level. They can all have a decent game but are way too inconsistent against L1 opposition.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

What date does the Window open please ..
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

gshaw wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:23 am
Sid Bishop wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:09 am

Merry Christmas to you too, hope you have a good one regardless of Orient results :D

I'm not writing in this thread about who I may or may not want to go, just what I think could happen based around contracts and potential interest elsewhere.

We badly need some L1 quality reinforcements so if an offer came in for a player we'd lose on a free in summer it would be difficult to turn down.
Thanks gshaw. You are one of the few people on this forum who places interesting comments and does not resort to name calling etc !!
I dont always agree with everything you write but I like reading your comments ! )
I have had an awful year so far with illness and hopefully starting to get a bit better now. On top of that, I have a really bad right knee problem, tore my ACL in playing football in around 1970 and many operations since. Agony to hobble around at present now so may get a new knee operation in 2024, we shall see. Hope you have a nice Christmas and let us all hope for better results for the Os in 2024 !
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Monkey Boy wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:36 am

Thanks "Monkey Boy" !
Same kind wishes also go to you.

I have had an awful year so far with illness and hopefully starting to get a bit better now. On top of that, I have a really bad right knee problem, tore my ACL in playing football in around 1970 and many operations since. Agony to hobble around at present now so may get a new knee operation in 2024, we shall see. Hope you have a nice Christmas and let us all hope for better results for the Os in 2024 !
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

BIGRON wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:52 pm What date does the Window open please ..
I'm not sure of the exact date but i do have some news just come through on the subject. Apparently Real Madrid are very interested in Tottenhams left back Destiny Udogie and have made enquiries with Daniel Levy asking, 'how much is Udogie in the window?'
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:09 pm
BIGRON wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:52 pm What date does the Window open please ..
I'm not sure of the exact date but i do have some news just come through on the subject. Apparently Real Madrid are very interested in Tottenhams left back Destiny Udogie and have made enquiries with Daniel Levy asking, 'how much is Udogie in the window?'
😂😂😂😂😂
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:08 am

Thanks "Monkey Boy" !

Sorry to hear about your knee problem Sid, hope you have a nice Christmas. My wife just had her 2nd knee replacement in October and has recovered well so you may consider this.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Cheshunto wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:04 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:08 am

Thanks "Monkey Boy" !

Sorry to hear about your knee problem Sid, hope you have a nice Christmas. My wife just had her 2nd knee replacement in October and has recovered well so you may consider this.
Dear ''Cheshunto''
Thanks for your nice message and also hope you have a pleasant Christmas.
Unusual to hear of anyone having two knee replacements, they are supposed to last around 15 years and a second one on the same knee is apparently harder to do. My other knee ( the left knee ) is also not good. I had a nasty fall in 2001 doing a job, fell and twisted that knee and ended up losing half the cartilage in it, but I have been getting by with that one for over 20 years ! Lastly. let us hope for better results for the Os in the second half of this season, relegation would be awful for the club.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Sorry Sid, maybe I wasn’t clear
She had her left knee done in 2020 and the right one done a couple of months ago.
Anyway, take care but it’s worth considering a replacement.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

For the first time in years I don't care who leaves because every single one of them can be replaced . We don't have a single " stand out " player .