Why do moderators do an adequate job on here?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Why do moderators do an adequate job on here?

Post by The Reverend »

Disgusted to see a thread where a user expresses their opinion and another user is allowed to call them a “boring f*ck” without any consequences.

This should be a place for open discussion and the sharing of opinions. Abusing/bullying users for simply having a different opinion to you is not on. Why is it allowed on here?
Last edited by The Reverend on Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PKM
Fresh Alias

Re: Why do moderators allow abuse/bullying on this board?

Post by PKM »

Oh ffs, it’s a message board for footy fans
Being called a ‘boring f*ck’ sounds quite mild to me
In the category of ‘fair comment’ imo.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:06 pm Disgusted to see a thread where a user expresses their opinion and another user is allowed to call them a “boring f*ck” without any consequences.

This should be a place for open discussion and the sharing of opinions. Abusing/bullying users for simply having a different opinion to you is not on. Why is it allowed on here?
A warning was issued. I await your apology.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Long slender neck wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:00 pm
The Reverend wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:06 pm Disgusted to see a thread where a user expresses their opinion and another user is allowed to call them a “boring f*ck” without any consequences.

I was unaware of this. Thank you for listening to my complaint and actioning it. Probably worth locking this thread now.
soloman
Fresh Alias

Post by soloman »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:02 pm

I was unaware of this. Thank you for listening to my complaint and actioning it. Probably worth locking this thread now.
Oh Boo Hoo :((
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

Why? Are you trying to suppress further opinions from people who disagree with you? Just askin’.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

You should be able to take a certain amount on the chin, (as the Bishop said to the actress)
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Christ, you're such a boring ****
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Stop posting the same inane poo poo on every post then
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Omygawd wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:58 pm

Why? Are you trying to suppress further opinions from people who disagree with you? Just askin’.
There is only 1 God ?
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Pot and kettle?
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

They’ll happily issue banning a if the abuse is aimed their way (even when fully deserved).
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

My advice to you if I may,is to just ignore them,put them on foe,these people feed off winding people up,they have no creditable arguments they do it for a reaction and nothing more. That’s why I came off for a short time,they draw you in,there very cleaver but I’m convinced it’s the work of one or two people that have a few aliases,there can’t be that many idiots around?? Stick to the people that are sensible and have creditable arguments and discussions which there are many. Don’t let the few spoil it for the many👍
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:56 am

My advice to you if I may,is to just ignore them,put them on foe,these people feed off winding people up,they have no creditable arguments they do it for a reaction and nothing more. That’s why I came off for a short time,they draw you in,there very cleaver but I’m convinced it’s the work of one or two people that have a few aliases,there can’t be that many idiots around?? Stick to the people that are sensible and have creditable arguments and discussions which there are many. Don’t let the few spoil it for the many👍
Quote yourself......''these people feed off winding people up,they have no creditable arguments they do it for a reaction and nothing more''
Says it all doesn't it !