Medical Incident East Stand

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Harlow
Fresh Alias

Medical Incident East Stand

Post by Harlow »

As todays match finished it seemed that a fan was taken ill in the East Stand. We didn't stay to watch but it did seem that lessons had not been learned. I would have expected to see blankets and our own medical staff rushing across the pitch but No.

We do hope that the guy is ok
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Medical Incident East Stand

Post by Daily Express bot »

Harlow wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:17 pm As todays match finished it seemed that a fan was taken ill in the East Stand. We didn't stay to watch but it did seem that lessons had not been learned. I would have expected to see blankets and our own medical staff rushing across the pitch but No.

If this is correct it will be a disgrace if the club still do not have basic first aid in place.
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

Daily Express bot wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:14 pm
Harlow wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:17 pm As todays match finished it seemed that a fan was taken ill in the East Stand. We didn't stay to watch but it did seem that lessons had not been learned. I would have expected to see blankets and our own medical staff rushing across the pitch but No.

If this is correct it will be a disgrace if the club still do not have basic first aid in place.
The club does. Medical room & Medics 24 are in a no of different positions in the ground. He fell & hurt himself. Now ok
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

Lifelongfan wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:48 pm
Daily Express bot wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:14 pm

The club does. Medical room & Medics 24 are in a no of different positions in the ground. He fell & hurt himself. Now ok
Good news both points then, thank you
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

So you assumed something had happened and have slagged the club off without knowing what happened or what the outcome was
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

I didnt assume anything, i could see the guy lying down with stewards running around but no medical staff. It looked so much like the situation when poor Derek died. Pleased to hear that he is ok
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Harlow wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:44 pm I didnt assume anything, i could see the guy lying down with stewards running around but no medical staff. It looked so much like the situation when poor Derek died. Pleased to hear that he is ok
You’ve assumed everything.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Harlow wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:44 pm I didnt assume anything, i could see the guy lying down with stewards running around but no medical staff. It looked so much like the situation when poor Derek died. Pleased to hear that he is ok
You may well have seen that, but you then assumed ....

Why would people need to run across the pitch if the nearest medical experts were on the same side of the ground as the injured person. Emergency medical staff are spread around the ground.

Unless you are suggesting there should be a medical team with every fan in the ground, then it will always take time to get to a person needing medical treatment

Even if the club could afford to have medical teams for every block of seats, then if they are at front of block and injured person is at back, it will take time to get to an injured person.

In the outside world, it takes medical teams far longer to get to a person needing medical treatment than in a football ground. Indeed there has been research that suggests people having a heart attack are more likely to survive if they have it inside a football ground than in the street
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

Spen and Bugsy, why are you having a go at me. You say I am assuming but assuming what? I saw a guy lying down, there were people around him. This was going on for a few minutes (then we left as we couldnt help). Spen you say there are medic staff in the ground, i didn't see any obvious medics but perhaps what i thought were stewards were actually medics. It is reassuring to hear that chances of heart attack survival in a ground are higher than in the street.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Harlow wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:58 am Spen and Bugsy, why are you having a go at me. You say I am assuming but assuming what? I saw a guy lying down, there were people around him. This was going on for a few minutes (then we left as we couldnt help). Spen you say there are medic staff in the ground, i didn't see any obvious medics but perhaps what i thought were stewards were actually medics. It is reassuring to hear that chances of heart attack survival in a ground are higher than in the street.
Why were you having a go at Orient?

Especially when you hadn't bothered to check the facts before making an unwarranted attack on the club.

I a more than happy to call you out
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

So, why didn't you just say that I had got it wrong, although there was a guy lying down he was being well looked after.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Harlow wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:58 am Spen and Bugsy, why are you having a go at me. You say I am assuming but assuming what? I saw a guy lying down, there were people around him. This was going on for a few minutes (then we left as we couldnt help). Spen you say there are medic staff in the ground, i didn't see any obvious medics but perhaps what i thought were stewards were actually medics. It is reassuring to hear that chances of heart attack survival in a ground are higher than in the street.
You made a point of posting a thread about how it seemed like lessons hadn’t been learnt and expected medical staff to sprint across the pitch. The reality of it was you had no idea about what happened. The club gets enough sh*t as it is, it doesn’t need pure speculation.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Harlow wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:17 am So, why didn't you just say that I had got it wrong, although there was a guy lying down he was being well looked after.
Don't give criticism out ( especially when you are wrong) if you are not able to take being corrected.

Sadly you seem to want to attack Orient without even checking the facts
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

Guys, I want to apologise if I caused offence. My concern was for the well being of supporters, indeed all connected to the club. It was not my intention to slag off the club. There was a guy lying down in the East stand some rows behind me, that much is factual, but beyond that I fully accept I do not have any more detail. I am just pleased he is ok.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Harlow wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:00 pm Guys, I want to apologise if I caused offence. My concern was for the well being of supporters, indeed all connected to the club. It was not my intention to slag off the club. There was a guy lying down in the East stand some rows behind me, that much is factual, but beyond that I fully accept I do not have any more detail. I am just pleased he is ok.
Credit to you for this post 👏👏👏