Through thick and thin

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Re: Through thick and thin

Post by LittleMate »

The Reverend wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:07 am
LittleMate wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:56 am
The Reverend wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:18 am If the manager can’t be bothered to give post match interviews why should fans be expected to sit and watch that dross for 90 mins?

And before anyone has a go, I did stay until the end but I don’t blame others for leaving.
We've seen on here what appears to be the reason why, but lets just take a look at what you said and wear Ritchie's hat. If the fans can't be bothered to stay then why should he?

Winning on the pitch is a coalition of fans, board, management and players. Yesterday we all failed to deliver. We have to recognise our part in it. I'm gutted that I never got any enjoyment out of yesterday. Part of that is cheering my team on. I'm not one to start the singing, but I'm an active participant and for the first time in many many moons I came away without feeling a bit hoarse.
Ah right, it’s the fans fault that professional football players can’t take a corner kick without leading to the opposition team scoring, despite having the wisdom of a “set piece coach”.

All makes sense now.
Don't be a prat. That set piece you refer to took place nearly 80 minutes into the game. BTW, we no longer have a set piece coach which in itself was one of the more baffling appointments of the last few years.
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:31 am
LittleMate wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:16 am What happened to that? It genuinely looked like a fire drill.

For the first time in a while I was a little ashamed of our fans. Not a song out of anyone in the second half. We all know what happened - but I think we we fans were less resolute than the players yesterday.
Why? Because the fans can now 'sensel' what the outcome is going to be with what we're serving up at the moment. We can't win football matches, we don't know how to win football matches. Why, we can't even score a goal ! There is no purpose or belief out on the pitch. We are just going through the motions. Fans are now beginning to see it almost as a pointless exercise giving their all. They're gutted, we're all gutted.It's a very hard watch at the moment and things have to change quickly or we'll be in big trouble. Yes, it was disappointing to see such a big evacuation yesterday but it was quite understandable.
It is a hard watch when we are down to 10 and with nothing to play for - but the players can't just walk off after 80 minutes and if we want them to play for us with that extra couple of per cent then nor should we - IMO.

I never got to the ground until 3.40pm due to mad traffic yesterday. I turned up knowing we were 1-0 down and reduced to 10. I was no more than 5 steps up going to my seat when we went 2 down. It would have been easy to have driven back home before arriving; easier still to do a U-turn and go to the SS bar. I stayed and endured; I will always stay and endure. Yesterday was just about the worst fan exodus I'd ever seen. Fans turned their back on the team far worse than when we were crap in the national league.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

LittleMate wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:02 pm
LittleMate wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:56 am

We've seen on here what appears to be the reason why, but lets just take a look at what you said and wear Ritchie's hat. If the fans can't be bothered to stay then why should he?

Winning on the pitch is a coalition of fans, board, management and players. Yesterday we all failed to deliver. We have to recognise our part in it. I'm gutted that I never got any enjoyment out of yesterday. Part of that is cheering my team on. I'm not one to start the singing, but I'm an active participant and for the first time in many many moons I came away without feeling a bit hoarse.
Ah right, it’s the fans fault that professional football players can’t take a corner kick without leading to the opposition team scoring, despite having the wisdom of a “set piece coach”.

All makes sense now.
Don't be a prat. That set piece you refer to took place nearly 80 minutes into the game..
Ah right, that makes it all ok then. I suppose it makes the corner taken about 3 minutes later where the exact same thing happened again (although somehow Derby failed to score from it) ok as well.

I keep seeing people say that McMahon is gone but nothing official from the club yet, so who really knows what’s going on.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Don't think anyone can blame the "w*nk*r in the white" even Derby fans applauded his bravado for standing on his own giving it to all 1200 odd of them before he exited head held high. God I love proper Football fans.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

The Reverend wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:13 pm
LittleMate wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:02 pm

All makes sense now.
Don't be a prat. That set piece you refer to took place nearly 80 minutes into the game..
Ah right, that makes it all ok then. I suppose it makes the corner taken about 3 minutes later where the exact same thing happened again (although somehow Derby failed to score from it) ok as well.

I keep seeing people say that McMahon is gone but nothing official from the club yet, so who really knows what’s going on.
That corner set up worked a couple of times last season
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

LittleMate wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:04 pm
LittleMate wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:16 am What happened to that? It genuinely looked like a fire drill.

For the first time in a while I was a little ashamed of our fans. Not a song out of anyone in the second half. We all know what happened - but I think we we fans were less resolute than the players yesterday.
Why? Because the fans can now 'sensel' what the outcome is going to be with what we're serving up at the moment. We can't win football matches, we don't know how to win football matches. Why, we can't even score a goal ! There is no purpose or belief out on the pitch. We are just going through the motions. Fans are now beginning to see it almost as a pointless exercise giving their all. They're gutted, we're all gutted.It's a very hard watch at the moment and things have to change quickly or we'll be in big trouble. Yes, it was disappointing to see such a big evacuation yesterday but it was quite understandable.
It is a hard watch when we are down to 10 and with nothing to play for - but the players can't just walk off after 80 minutes and if we want them to play for us with that extra couple of per cent then nor should we - IMO.

I never got to the ground until 3.40pm due to mad traffic yesterday. I turned up knowing we were 1-0 down and reduced to 10. I was no more than 5 steps up going to my seat when we went 2 down. It would have been easy to have driven back home before arriving; easier still to do a U-turn and go to the SS bar. I stayed and endured; I will always stay and endure. Yesterday was just about the worst fan exodus I'd ever seen. Fans turned their back on the team far worse than when we were crap in the national league.
Well good on you, but everyone is different. Sticking it out to the bitter end (as I did, although I was tempted to leave) doesn't necessarily make you a more loyal fan than those who leave minutes from the end of a 0-3 home drubbing.
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

Cheltenham, Wycombe and Cambridge have similar recent records to us at present. In the context of where we are going to be in early January they are now very significant games.
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by ContrifibulatoryFred »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:35 am
ContrifibulatoryFred wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:27 am I thought this thread was about Archibald's hair transplant
Thought this was a serious thread,I’m glad you have posted with your contribution,just a little tedious for me , may I suggest a better reply,
Hope this helps👍
Sounds like I ruffled your duffle coat
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

ContrifibulatoryFred wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:17 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:35 am
ContrifibulatoryFred wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:27 am I thought this thread was about Archibald's hair transplant
Thought this was a serious thread,I’m glad you have posted with your contribution,just a little tedious for me , may I suggest a better reply,
Hope this helps👍
Sounds like I ruffled your duffle coat
:lol: :lol:
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

😂

You’ve got the front to call fans out for leaving early but it’s ok for you to rock up at half time? Absolute hypocrite!
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:41 pm

Well good on you, but everyone is different. Sticking it out to the bitter end (as I did, although I was tempted to leave) doesn't necessarily make you a more loyal fan than those who leave minutes from the end of a 0-3 home drubbing.
Its not about the relative loyalty of one fan to another - its about sticking with your team even when they are doing poorly. I know the players will feel far worse than we do after a display like that.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

LittleMate wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:45 pm

Its not about the relative loyalty of one fan to another - its about sticking with your team even when they are doing poorly. I know the players will feel far worse than we do after a display like that.
Surely a mutual ‘contract?’

Reckless play like elbowing an opponent at early part of match and reducing us down to ten men is a kick in the goolies for fee paying supporters having to endure cold and rain for the next hour or so watching defensive play?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Be interesting to see how attendance holds up as the weather turns and our form is sh*t.

I reckon I’ve attended over 500 games and left early twice, both away games got travel reasons. But I’m not so sure I’d stay these days. If I go to a game now and we are out of it and it’s a choice with sitting and watch us see out a 3-0 defeat or spend an extra half hour with my little boy before bed then I’d probably be off.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:20 pm Be interesting to see how attendance holds up as the weather turns and our form is sh*t.

I reckon I’ve attended over 500 games and left early twice, both away games got travel reasons. But I’m not so sure I’d stay these days. If I go to a game now and we are out of it and it’s a choice with sitting and watch us see out a 3-0 defeat or spend an extra half hour with my little boy before bed then I’d probably be off.
Three separate fans I know told me today that it was the first time they had walked out before the end of a match. I have never either and aim not to as ill disturb an entire row selfishly doing so and will reserve that ‘joker card’ for when if I get caught short.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

LittleMate wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:45 pm

A nice attempt at trying to turn this around. I only mentioned the loyalty angle on it because I can’t think of any other reason that you should keep wanging on about fans leaving
near the end, especially given the dire performances and batterings we have taken at home.
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

This "I am a more loyal fan than you" thing is tiresome...People pay their money and they should be applauded for turning up in the first place..
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Can you imagine the lack of loyalty of some fans who can't even bother to get to the game intim for the start and don't bother themselves to get in until 5 minutes before half time.

The lack of loyalty of people who can't plan their trip to the game to get their for kick off

It would be even worse if those hypocritical fans who can't be bothered to turn up for the first 40 minutes complain about people leaving 5 minutes early.

I'm so glad that at Orient their are not such hypocritical fans.....oh wait a minute...
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:56 am Don't ever shout abuse or boo, but the third Derby goal was so, so stupid that something broke inside of me and decided to leave early for once. It was one of those games where you question why the hell this is the way you choose to spend your time and money on a windy December afternoon.
if you managed a team of u'11's you have the hump conceding that goal let alone from a team of professionals.
Brastrapovich0
Fresh Alias

Post by Brastrapovich0 »

Daily Express bot wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:57 am
The Reverend wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:46 am
Joe315 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:32 am

So you want him to miss his daughters 18th birthday party , so you can hear an interview ?
Giving a 5 minute interview would mean that he missed the entirety of a party….right ok.
I agree, like most 18 year olds especially these days, last thing you want there are your parents faffing around and no way your Daddy in a foul mood ( no pun intended) after an atrocious match moping about kicking water bottles , beer cans , cat in the presence of her cocky West Ham supporting school friends and peers ‘how did the O’s get on today Mr Wellens?’ ‘What’s for dessert Mr Wellens , Brown Derby gffaw gffaw titter tee hee hee’

He would have been better fmdoing the interview,having a lie down for two hours, poking his head in party for ten minutes, go to pub for swift couple the taking his Mrs out for a curry.
Isn't it West Ham players that kick cats?