Cooper

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Brastrapovich0
Fresh Alias

Cooper

Post by Brastrapovich0 »

Poor player. Get rid - Turns better.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Cooper

Post by gshaw »

Well given the loan ends in Jan and banned for 3 games that might be it for him?
Brastrapovich0
Fresh Alias

Post by Brastrapovich0 »

GOOD!
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

Has been a massive handicap to this team. As mentioned in other thread too many yellow cards and now a few reds to add to his collection. Goodbye and door let the door hit you on the way out.
georgeleyo
Fresh Alias

Post by georgeleyo »

If they are both fit Beccles and Turns centre half pairing next week, don’t know what’s happened to Happe but he is a liability at the moment.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Decent signing ability wise but f*** him doing stupid things like that. Conveniently now has Xmas off back home
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

Cooper is the new Alan White. Looked the business but is an absolute pile of the proverbial. He played a blinder in a way. Will be home for Xmas and hopefully going back to whence he came.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Can't be using his elbow like that.
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

Funny; people were saying how good he was a few weeks back....
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

Loyal_Supporter wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:44 pm Funny; people were saying how good he was a few weeks back....
How the fickle turn.

He’s been brilliant. One match does not define somebody.
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

Loyal_Supporter wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:44 pm Funny; people were saying how good he was a few weeks back....
We were wrong. Ok?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Started well, but drifted badly recently.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

LPE wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:47 pm
How the fickle turn.

Agreed
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Think the truth is somewhere between "he's terrible" and "he's been brilliant".

He's had some really good games and looked a really solid addition to the backline, while in others, mainly more recent ones, he's looked like he's about to self-implode at any given moment. Which he did today.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Proposition Joe wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:56 pm Think the truth is somewhere between "he's terrible" and "he's been brilliant".

He's had some really good games and looked a really solid addition to the backline, while in others, mainly more recent ones, he's looked like he's about to self-implode at any given moment. Which he did today.
This and perhaps that's the reason he's being sent out on loan rather than being part of the Swansea setup.
georgeleyo wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:15 pm If they are both fit Beccles and Turns centre half pairing next week, don’t know what’s happened to Happe but he is a liability at the moment.
It's nearly January, there's some sort of break clause in his (1 year) contract... playing within himself to avoid injury and jeopardizing a potential move?
Last edited by gshaw on Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

He looked a solid signing early on and I think has been worthy of his place. Very strong in the air. Not looked so sure of himself over the last few games and obviously you can’t be doing what he did today. That has cost us.

He’s a young lad on loan sent to us to get experience and make mistakes. That’s exactly what he has done.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

He was my MOTM a few weeks ago, and put in some good performances like an old fashioned stopper.
Stupid thing he did today though and he will hopefully learn from it as it cost us dearly.
Who knows whether we’ll keep him or not, I’m more worried about where our next goal is coming from.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Cheshunto wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:22 pm He was my MOTM a few weeks ago, and put in some good performances like an old fashioned stopper.
Stupid thing he did today though and he will hopefully learn from it as it cost us dearly.
Who knows whether we’ll keep him or not, I’m more worried about where our next goal is coming from.
Exactly. Personally I’d rather we kept Cooper . He’s a good defender but like the rest of the team he’s currently struggling for form . Yesterday he made a stupid mistake which hopefully won’t happen again. Our real problems are with the strikers.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:22 am
Cheshunto wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:22 pm He was my MOTM a few weeks ago, and put in some good performances like an old fashioned stopper.
Exactly. Personally I’d rather we kept Cooper . He’s a good defender but like the rest of the team he’s currently struggling for form . Yesterday he made a stupid mistake which hopefully won’t happen again. Our real problems are with the strikers.
Think that’s twice he’s been sent off while playing for us? No good having players that are having to sit out games, is the central defensive position our biggest problem?because of what I’ve been observing especially with the better class teams we have played at home Oxford,Wigan and Derby our main problem is that we have weak fullbacks. All these teams are finding it far to easy to get round us. There’s only two ways to solve this problem imo
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

He's been the best defender we've had at the club since he's been here, especially the early part of his time with us.
Despite foolishly getting sent off, I hope he extends his time with us.
MassiveForehead
Fresh Alias

Post by MassiveForehead »

How the fickle turn.

Brilliant? Crikey, you have some positivity. I've only seen him play 3 times, and each time he was very poor indeed.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

MassiveForehead wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:44 am
How the fickle turn.

Brilliant? Crikey, you have some positivity. I've only seen him play 3 times, and each time he was very poor indeed.
A liability and evidence what I have been saying all along that self-discipline so important and must start at the manager , the bus station full of coaches down.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Daily Express bot wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:47 am

How the fickle turn.

A liability and evidence what I have been saying all along that self-discipline so important and must start at the manager , the bus station full of coaches down.
Yes I agree, capable player but no discipline, but I don’t think the problem is the centre backs but with the full backs
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:58 am
Daily Express bot wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:47 am

Yes I agree, capable player but no discipline, but I don’t think the problem is the centre backs but with the full backs
There has been an obvious and noticeable decline , the team we have are struggling in this league after a reasonable start, they need to take stock and gather themselves otherwise such a young lot could go to pieces.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

He's a young lad who made a bone headed mistake. He's generally been good for us and the prospect of our centre backs being Turns, Happe and Beckles for the rest of the season isn't great.