Has it all gone a bit sour?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Re: Has it all gone a bit sour?

Post by Lifelongfan »

Usual suspects on here. They only appear when we lose. Where were they last season when we won the League
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

cockhat wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:27 pm
Daily Express bot wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:34 pm
cockhat wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:24 pm

Come on, he always acknowledges the importance of our fans home and away!
Do you listen to his interviews?
Yes I do but action speaks louder than words. Maybe some of the fans don’t watch his interview?
You obviously don’t!
I already said I do. You obviously do not know what I mean by ‘Action speaking louder than words’.
CharlieO
Fresh Alias

Post by CharlieO »

Daily Express bot wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:43 pm
The Reverend wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:35 pm Wellens body language at the end of the match really not good. Shrugging shoulders at travelling Os fans then storming off in a little hissy fit. It’s quite respectful to those who made the trip and spent their money supporting the club. Especially in a cost of living crisis during the run up to Christmas.

Players look dejected and clearly not functioning as a unit.

A coaching set up with a few too many cooks serving up not a very palatable broth. This includes the bizarre addition of a “set piece coach” and yet our dead ball play seems to get worse every week (attacking and defending).

We just got outdone but a conference team, who to be honest should have won by 2 or possibly 3.

It’s starting to look a bit concerning.
Spot on, I’m really concerned about RW lack of
self- discipline. He is managing youngsters and a fish rots from the head down. He should lead by example and a bit more acknowledgment to travelling fans would be welcoming .
Exactly, and according to him today his ht talk reminded the players of the sacrifices made by supporters today.
Last week's draw against a strong Wigan side was as entertaining and quality an Os L1 performance as you could wish to see, Tues night we drew away with 63% possession. In what sense have things gone sour on the basis of a disappointing result away to a team who had previously beaten the strongest team in our division.
Because of the profile of the squad we lack physicality, nothing to do with experience, this is less often a problem nowadays as much more difficult to get away with over aggressive play even at lower league level, only Stevenage and Portsmouth this year. We have a good, possession-based game and have generally looked superior to opponents. Our problem has not been getting outmuscled in the odd game but failing to convert superior possession against inferior teams from draws to victories, some of which because we don't have a focal point up front who can hold the ball up and will attack the ball into the box on ground or in the air, and that doesn't require them being 6foot 8 or 16 stone, Lisbie and Mcgleish were adept at this, Pigott and Drinnan not.
Ron Waffle
Fresh Alias

Post by Ron Waffle »

The Reverend wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:30 pm

self- discipline. He is managing youngsters and a fish rots from the head down. He should lead by example and a bit more acknowledgment to travelling fans would be welcoming .
It’s all well and good saying the right thing in an interview but what I saw from Wellens after the match today really p*ssed me off.

There may well be a few gobby idiots in the away end that irritated him but to act so dismissively towards all other away fans is really not on. Many of those travelling fans were standing there applauding the effort - some these people had even physically helped out to clear the pitch to make sure the game went ahead. It’s really not good enough that the manager storms off in a huff leaving a few of his players to stand out in the cold showing respect to travelling supporters.

Agyei, Pratley and Brown ins particular deserve credit as they showed some genuine appreciation to the away end. Moncur as well.

I can take a defeat. It’s part of life as a football fan. But to be treated in such a way by the bloke who supposedly sets the standards is very disappointing.
What did u see after the match from Wellens that pissed you off, you weren't even there.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:28 pm
gshaw wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:11 pm Call it coincidence but things have started going downhill since the unnecessary "set piece coach" was foisted upon Wellens. He didn't ask for one, it was foisted on him by the DoF. Meanwhile we're conceding more goals than ever. All very strange.
McMahon joined in late September, we got 9 points from 5 games in October. None of us really know how Wellens has responded to it, but I really doubt it's the reason our form has gone belly up.
Omars Availability has coincided with our slump.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

gshaw wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:11 pm Call it coincidence but things have started going downhill since the unnecessary "set piece coach" was foisted upon Wellens. He didn't ask for one, it was foisted on him by the DoF. Meanwhile we're conceding more goals than ever. All very strange.
Bringing in a set piece coach is ridiculous. I would like to know who instigated this appointment. Is it that RW being that far from home that his time during the week is less with the players. Something is wrong and we are developing the Kenny Jackett syndrone of him saying we need experience. We went through the same of not winning games before Christmas and him losing his connection with the players. RW must be given the money to act in the window otherwise he will be on his way
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Ron Waffle wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:53 am

It’s all well and good saying the right thing in an interview but what I saw from Wellens after the match today really p*ssed me off.

There may well be a few gobby idiots in the away end that irritated him but to act so dismissively towards all other away fans is really not on. Many of those travelling fans were standing there applauding the effort - some these people had even physically helped out to clear the pitch to make sure the game went ahead. It’s really not good enough that the manager storms off in a huff leaving a few of his players to stand out in the cold showing respect to travelling supporters.

Agyei, Pratley and Brown ins particular deserve credit as they showed some genuine appreciation to the away end. Moncur as well.

I can take a defeat. It’s part of life as a football fan. But to be treated in such a way by the bloke who supposedly sets the standards is very disappointing.
What did u see after the match from Wellens that pissed you off, you weren't even there.
After the game he came over to the away end, shrugged his shoulders then stormed off in a little hissy fit whilst his players stayed to properly show appreciation to visiting supporters.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

The Reverend wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:00 am

After the game he came over to the away end, shrugged his shoulders then stormed off in a little hissy fit whilst his players stayed to properly show appreciation to visiting supporters.
Did you see the 2 O's fans almost break into a fight ? 1 Pro RW 1 Against
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

moonwalk19 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:53 am
Bringing in a set piece coach is ridiculous. I would like to know who instigated this appointment. Is it that RW being that far from home that his time during the week is less with the players. Something is wrong and we are developing the Kenny Jackett syndrone of him saying we need experience. We went through the same of not winning games before Christmas and him losing his connection with the players. RW must be given the money to act in the window otherwise he will be on his way
Re-watch the interview Richie gives immediately after McMahon was appointed.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Joe315 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:06 am

No - but it doesn’t surprise me.

I did see a bloke shouting “not good enough” at Darren Pratley and Dan Agyei which I didn’t think was particularly helpful.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

The Reverend wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:55 am

I did see a bloke shouting “not good enough” at Darren Pratley and Dan Agyei which I didn’t think was particularly helpful.
On screen or terrace for the see bit ?
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Joe315 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:00 pm

In person. I can assure you that I was there yesterday, and given how long it took to get out of that tesco car park at one point I was worried that I’d still be there today!
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

The Reverend wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:05 pm

In person. I can assure you that I was there yesterday, and given how long it took to get out of that tesco car park at one point I was worried that I’d still be there today!
Just asking.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Joe315 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:11 pm

Just asking.
Not that I need to prove to strangers on a message board that I was at a game (I know I was there, which is all that matters).

I do find the behaviour of some people on this board who make baseless accusations about people either not going to games or supporting other clubs a very toxic way to try and shut down discussion on a forum which is literally designed to encourage discussion. It’s really odd behaviour.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

The Reverend wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:16 pm

Just asking.
Not that I need to prove to strangers on a message board that I was at a game (I know I was there, which is all that matters).

I do find the behaviour of some people on this board who make baseless accusations about people either not going to games or supporting other clubs a very toxic way to try and shut down discussion on a forum which is literally designed to encourage discussion. It’s really odd behaviour.
Asking as I wasn't there & only saw on a small screen so couldn't make out what was shown properly.

Who is shutting down any conversation or discussion?
Certainly not me, unless you are referring to Monkey Boys baseless accusations.

Thanks for the clarification on the RW situation.
😀
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

The Reverend wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:35 pm Wellens body language at the end of the match really not good. Shrugging shoulders at travelling Os fans then storming off in a little hissy fit. It’s quite respectful to those who made the trip and spent their money supporting the club. Especially in a cost of living crisis during the run up to Christmas.

Players look dejected and clearly not functioning as a unit.

A coaching set up with a few too many cooks serving up not a very palatable broth. This includes the bizarre addition of a “set piece coach” and yet our dead ball play seems to get worse every week (attacking and defending).

We just got outdone but a conference team, who to be honest should have won by 2 or possibly 3.

It’s starting to look a bit concerning.
Whilst he's seemingly an intelligent and thoughtful man, acting like a yob/moron on the touchline spreads bad vibes and also makes the club look distinctly low-grade also, which isn't I'm sure what the fans, or Wellens, want.
He needs to control himself. Of course, it's "important" what happens on a football pitch, but it's only "important" to a certain extent. It's sport, not life and death.

I wasn't at the game yesterday, but had empathy for those travelling (on a Sunday) before the game had even kicked off. Sadly, I foresaw a rudderless and directionless (likely) narrow defeat and a feeling of ho-hum.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Joe315 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:20 pm

Just asking.

Asking as I wasn't there & only saw on a small screen so couldn't make out what was shown properly.

😀
I was referring to Ron Waffle who randomly accused me of not being at the game yesterday.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

I'm one like many baffled by Mcmahon's appointment but I don't think his salary being spent elsewhere would be the answer to our woes.

I guess that his Salary would only cover 1/2 player Salary's at most and the squad seem to in need of at least three additions.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

The Reverend wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:40 pm
Joe315 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:20 pm

😀
I was referring to Ron Waffle who randomly accused me of not being at the game yesterday.
No not Thee Ron Waffle ?
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

I think that the Pigott signing was a rushed job to get someone in the building and no thought to it I.e the recruitment process we need someone who will score goals and I am not to sure about Pigott he try’s and puts himself about but you need to get the ball in the net now that agyei is back what about playing him down the centre of attack