Has it all gone a bit sour?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Has it all gone a bit sour?

Post by The Reverend »

Wellens body language at the end of the match really not good. Shrugging shoulders at travelling Os fans then storming off in a little hissy fit. It’s quite disrespectful to those who made the trip and spent their money supporting the club. Especially in a cost of living crisis during the run up to Christmas.

Players look dejected and clearly not functioning as a unit.

A coaching set up with a few too many cooks serving up not a very palatable broth. This includes the bizarre addition of a “set piece coach” and yet our dead ball play seems to get worse every week (attacking and defending).

We just got outdone by a conference team, who to be honest should have won by 2 or possibly 3.

It’s starting to look a bit concerning.
Last edited by The Reverend on Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Has it all gone a bit sour?

Post by EliotNes »

I agree
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

The Reverend wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:35 pm Wellens body language at the end of the match really not good. Shrugging shoulders at travelling Os fans then storming off in a little hissy fit. It’s quite respectful to those who made the trip and spent their money supporting the club. Especially in a cost of living crisis during the run up to Christmas.

A coaching set up with a few too many cooks serving up not a very palatable broth. This includes the bizarre addition of a “set piece coach” and yet our dead ball play seems to get worse every week (attacking and defending).

We just got outdone but a conference team, who to be honest should have won by 2 or possibly 3.

It is looking concerning yes but when you have supporters turning their back on you after you helped guide them to the league title, what must RW be thinking? Maybe a few of the fans should take a look at themselves?
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

Wellens gave an honest assessment as usual. He knows we need players in January, he also doesn’t appear happy that we have a “set piece coach” that we probably don’t need.
It’s now down to the “messiah” to give him what he needs in January window!
He actually said the fans didn’t deserve that performance and he’s right!
In my view the blame lies with ML.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Call it coincidence but things have started going downhill since the unnecessary "set piece coach" was foisted upon Wellens. He didn't ask for one, it was foisted on him by the DoF. Meanwhile we're conceding more goals than ever. All very strange.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

cockhat wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:50 pm Wellens gave an honest assessment as usual. He knows we need players in January, he also doesn’t appear happy that we have a “set piece coach” that we probably don’t need.
If a set piece coach wasn't Richie's idea then get rid of Daryl McMahon . A daft idea that hasn't produced anything . Use that money to help bring in another player or two instead .
Reflecto
Fresh Alias

Post by Reflecto »

ML doing a mate a favour and thinking I have a back up manager. Probably doesn't suit anyone. The board need to sort this out asap. We need wingers / forwards in the window or its L2 again in 24/25
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

gshaw wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:11 pm Call it coincidence but things have started going downhill since the unnecessary "set piece coach" was foisted upon Wellens. He didn't ask for one, it was foisted on him by the DoF. Meanwhile we're conceding more goals than ever. All very strange.
McMahon joined in late September, we got 9 points from 5 games in October. None of us really know how Wellens has responded to it, but I really doubt it's the reason our form has gone belly up.
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:12 pm
cockhat wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:50 pm Wellens gave an honest assessment as usual. He knows we need players in January, he also doesn’t appear happy that we have a “set piece coach” that we probably don’t need.
If a set piece coach wasn't Richie's idea then get rid of Daryl McMahon . A daft idea that hasn't produced anything . Use that money to help bring in another player or two instead .
I concur!
You have to look at who made the appointment!
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

Reflecto wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:20 pm ML doing a mate a favour and thinking I have a back up manager. Probably doesn't suit anyone. The board need to sort this out asap. We need wingers / forwards in the window or its L2 again in 24/25
Back up manager? Are you having a laugh?
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

cockhat wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:36 pm
Reflecto wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:20 pm ML doing a mate a favour and thinking I have a back up manager. Probably doesn't suit anyone. The board need to sort this out asap. We need wingers / forwards in the window or its L2 again in 24/25
If the worst happened and RW (and PT) left who else do you think the baton will be passed to?
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

gshaw wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:38 pm
If the worst happened and RW (and PT) left who else do you think the baton will be passed to?
Certainly not McMahon! He would guarantee relegation. I suppose if that did happen we would then wave goodbye to Ling!!
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

The Reverend wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:35 pm Wellens body language at the end of the match really not good. Shrugging shoulders at travelling Os fans then storming off in a little hissy fit. It’s quite respectful to those who made the trip and spent their money supporting the club. Especially in a cost of living crisis during the run up to Christmas.

We just got outdone but a conference team, who to be honest should have won by 2 or possibly 3.

Spot on, I’m really concerned about RW lack of
self- discipline. He is managing youngsters and a fish rots from the head down. He should lead by example and a bit more acknowledgment to travelling fans would be welcoming .
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

Daily Express bot wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:43 pm

self- discipline. He is managing youngsters and a fish rots from the head down. He should lead by example and a bit more acknowledgment to travelling fans would be welcoming .
Come on, he always acknowledges the importance of our fans home and away!
Do you listen to his interviews?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:28 pm
gshaw wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:11 pm Call it coincidence but things have started going downhill since the unnecessary "set piece coach" was foisted upon Wellens. He didn't ask for one, it was foisted on him by the DoF. Meanwhile we're conceding more goals than ever. All very strange.
McMahon joined in late September, we got 9 points from 5 games in October. None of us really know how Wellens has responded to it, but I really doubt it's the reason our form has gone belly up.
Losing Graham was a body blow but having McMahon hasn't helped one iota
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

gshaw wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:38 pm
God forbid . We'd end back in League 2 for sure if that happened .
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

cockhat wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:24 pm

Yes I do but action speaks louder than words. Maybe some of the fans don’t watch his interview?
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

In order to shield Wellens for these dismal and non scoring performances, just blame McMahon. This is laughable !
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I'm a big Richie Wellens fan and still firmly believe he's definitely the right manager for us . I think our main problem has been injuries which has also affected our loss of confidence . Although I know it won't be easy but if we can get the right players in during January I think we'll be OK .
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:38 pm In order to shield Wellens for these dismal and non scoring performances, just blame McMahon. This is laughable !
Injuries . If we hadn't lost Graham and Agyei from the start of the season I reckon we'd be pushing for a play off spot . I hope the club has already identified the players they want in January and go for them straight away when the transfer window opens .
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

I think it’s more since we lost Graham to injury quality play maker badly missed.
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

Daily Express bot wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:34 pm

Yes I do but action speaks louder than words. Maybe some of the fans don’t watch his interview?
You obviously don’t!
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

It’s all well and good saying the right thing in an interview but what I saw from Wellens after the match today really p*ssed me off.

There may well be a few gobby idiots in the away end that irritated him but to act so dismissively towards all other away fans is really not on. Many of those travelling fans were standing there applauding the effort - some these people had even physically helped out to clear the pitch to make sure the game went ahead. It’s really not good enough that the manager storms off in a huff leaving a few of his players to stand out in the cold showing respect to travelling supporters.

Agyei, Pratley and Brown ins particular deserve credit as they showed some genuine appreciation to the away end. Moncur as well.

I can take a defeat. It’s part of life as a football fan. But to be treated in such a way by the bloke who supposedly sets the standards is very disappointing.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Presumably fully grown adults moaning they didn’t get a post match clap is funny
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Just got in and just seen the result and read the reports, O dear, got a lot of stick for saying Wellens might be gone by next season bet a few people might be taking me more seriously now. Derby Saturday 🤞