Plymouth Ratings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BrendO
Fresh Alias

Plymouth Ratings

Post by BrendO »

You can read my ratings from last night's defeat here. https://therealefl.co.uk/2019/08/14/ply ... of-asking/
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Plymouth Ratings

Post by DuvB »

Go to admit that after being at Macclesfield and reading the above plus other reports, I am getting somewhat apprehensive about our season. Not going to panic until after 10 games but the game at home Stevenage will tell us a lot about the squad and the management.
BrendO
Fresh Alias

Post by BrendO »

Think this result is slightly different from the Macclesfield one, in that for me, Plymouth will certainly be challenging at the top of the table. So no shame in losing out to them but, as you say, if we don’t get a result against Stevenage then the alarm bells will start ringing.
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

There’s certainly no shame in losing to Plymouth, they look a tidy side and I think they will do well.
The disappointing thing was our unchanging style of play.
We almost seemed to play at a canter, I think some of the players were still in ore season friendly mode!
5 at the back is a complete waste of time without wing backs that can beat a man and get a decent cross in.
And a midfield that pats it around before finally passing it back to Brill is a waste of time.
It was disappointing that RE didn’t see fit to change it around when it clearly wasn’t working. We were lucky to go into the beak 0-O, I expected us to be fired up 2nd half but it just wasn’t there.
I’ve seen plenty worse performances and, at times, we showed some nice touches and could pass it around.Theres definitely something there to work with but I think we need wingers/wing backs , strengthened midfield , more tactical nous and perhaps , but I don’t know, RE needs to fire the troops up more.
My ratings:

Brill 5. Poor distribution at times
Judd 3. Had a poor match
Ekpiteta 5. Did ok, think he will grow into this level alright.
Coulson 5 ok, more leadership? Did we have enough ‘captains’ on the pitch last night?
Happe 5 some good tackles.
Widdowson 3. No attacking threat
Gorman 4. Showed some nice touches, lost possession that lead to a goal
Wright 5. Neat but ineffective.
Clay 5. Ok.
Angol 6. No service but shows real promise, our best player on the night, not that there was much competition!
Dennis 4. Anonymous

Brophy 5. Showed desire and at least weren’t passing it back to Brill!
Wilkinson 4.

RE 4. Poor from RE, changes were needed and he didn’t react.
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Judd is going to be a flop isn't he. Probably third choice right back if all 3 are fit and a long while since he has had a decent game for us when fit. Perhaps 442 would suit him more, but he still wouldn't start above Ling or Turley.