Ratings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Ratings

Post by Mistadobalina »

Have no idea how the third goal went in so caveat on the below:

Brynn - 5. Absolute stinker for the opener, otherwise didn't do much wrong. Vigs made errors like that so not going to be too harsh on him.
James - 7. Played well, some good crosses into the box and defensively didn't give that much away.
Turns - 4. Consistently awful on the ball and off of it, albeit Theo did no favours for him on the left. He's young and learning, but he's struggling with the step up.
Happe - 5. Abysmal in possession, defensively ropey.
Cooper - 6. I don't remember any specific mess ups from him but our defensive shape was shocking so can't give him higher than that.
Archibald - 5. Shortcomings as a wing back on display. Good occasional attacking moments, but was a liability in defence.
Brown - 5. Struggled in a two man midfield.
Mizouni - 6. Also struggled in the set up, but battled hard in a difficult situation and never shied away from the ball.
Ruel - 6. Banging finish and drove at Oxford, but doesn't suit the 10 role.
Drinan - 6. Battled away in a thankless role and created the odd bit of a chaos through application.
Piggot - 5. Hints at being a decent player but doesn't consistently do enough.

Pratley - 6. Not much impact, looked slow
Galbraith - 5. Dreadful cameo. He's been a disappointment given the hype.
Sanders and Forde - n/a, weren't involved enough.

Wellens - 5. Don't think the tactics were right but we caused enough issues to nearly somehow get a point. Set pieces actually quite good today?

Red - 7. Couple of bad decisions for both teams but otherwise nothing to criticise other than letting Oxford take the p*ss with time wasting.
Last edited by Mistadobalina on Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Ratings

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Happe was awful. Dunno if he had a knock but he was slower than usual and seemed well off the pace. Galbraiths cameo was embarrassing

One of those days though. Oxford will be up there and these ain’t the games we have to win imo
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

How can you possibly rate Drinan higher than Pigott? Not saying that Joe had a blinder but at the very least he holds up the ball and wins the odd knock on header. Drinan just runs around aimlessly and looks like he’ll never score a goal at this level.

Who is Powers?
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

Brynn had a howler. Not just the first goal but his positioning and how quickly he came out for both times they hit the woodwork was appalling.

The goal mistake you might get away with in L2, not in L1 and Oxford punished this error without mercy.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:02 pm How can you possibly rate Drinan higher than Pigott? Not saying that Joe had a blinder but at the very least he holds up the ball and wins the odd knock on header. Drinan just runs around aimlessly and looks like he’ll never score a goal at this level.

Who is Powers?
For some reason my mind keeps mixing up Sanders and Powers. Have no idea why.

I thought drinan did alright given that his role was to chase long balls down the channel and make his presence felt. It's not a tactic I like and I agree he's not up to it, but his physicality caused some issues for Oxford.
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

It looks like it`s to bring back Omar.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:11 pm
The Reverend wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:02 pm How can you possibly rate Drinan higher than Pigott? Not saying that Joe had a blinder but at the very least he holds up the ball and wins the odd knock on header. Drinan just runs around aimlessly and looks like he’ll never score a goal at this level.

Who is Powers?
For some reason my mind keeps mixing up Sanders and Powers. Have no idea why.

I thought drinan did alright given that his role was to chase long balls down the channel and make his presence felt. It's not a tactic I like and I agree he's not up to it, but his physicality caused some issues for Oxford.
Happe gets 4 from me & galbraith is pure 5hite from what Ive seen so far.
Nad2008
Fresh Alias

Post by Nad2008 »

Who is Powers?
Drinan was far more of a threat than Pigott, that’ll be why.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Nad2008 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:17 pm

Who is Powers?
But Pigotts job isn’t really to be a “threat”. He’s essentially there as a target to win knock ons, hold up the ball and knock it on for advancing attackers (including Drinan!). Comparing Drinan with Pigott like for like is pointless as they do different roles. And Pigott is better at his respective job than Drinan is at his.

If you want to compare drinan directly then compare him to Ruel who is doing a much better job so far this season.

Drinan is seriously out of his depth at this level. Pigott isn’t setting the world alight either but at least he looks like he can play in League 1. Drinan is miles off.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:27 pm

Who is Powers?
But Pigotts job isn’t really to be a “threat”. He’s essentially there as a target to win knock ons, hold up the ball and knock it on for advancing attackers (including Drinan!). Comparing Drinan with Pigott like for like is pointless as they do different roles. And Pigott is better at his respective job than Drinan is at his.

If you want to compare drinan directly then compare him to Ruel who is doing a much better job so far this season.

Drinan is seriously out of his depth at this level. Pigott isn’t setting the world alight either but at least he looks like he can play in League 1. Drinan is miles off.
Drinans has started what 3 games ? His role is different to Ruels & Pigots. Still keep digging out Drinan over Happe gailbrath turns etc.
Last edited by Tuffers#2 on Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Who is Powers?

I thought that Drinan worked hard today as he always does, and did a reasonable job unsettling their big CB, as best he could. Is he good enough for L1 ?? Probably not, and I think that we are hoping that Dan Agyei will be what we’re missing up front.
Ruel proved why he’s worth his place, with a great goal and looks the part.

Oxford were the best team I’ve seen in E10 and you can see why they are 2nd in the table, but we gave them a good game and maybe deserved a point……….it’s hard to blame Brynn too much, he made a fantastic save earlier before his error, but it’s these errors that cost us today, not Drinan.
Nad2008
Fresh Alias

Post by Nad2008 »

Who is Powers?

Whichever way you want to sugar coat it, Drinan was better than Pigott today.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Pigott had a decent enough game, some of his hold up play was great. What are you all on about?

Turns had an absolute stinker, Happe got worse as the game went on and poor old Galbraith didn't put a foot right the whole time he was on the pitch. In fact, all our subs were garbage and left us worse off than we had been. At 2-3 and having just hit the post, the new faces killed off any momentum we'd built up.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Proposition Joe wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:08 pm Pigott had a decent enough game, some of his hold up play was great. What are you all on about?
Thank you! At least someone else gets it.
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

I think RW will have learnt some lessons from that game. I don’t think our set up in hindsight worked.

As discussed Theo was being targeted as our left back. He works so hard but is twice the player playing further forward on either flank.

I think our defence struggled as the midfield didn’t put enough pressure on their midfield. Oxford had time to pick their passes and get in between us.

Drinan, Ruel and Piggot didn’t work for me. I would have played Pratley in the middle without Drinan. Whilst we would have missed the extra man further forward I think we would have won the game in midfield.
Jman
Fresh Alias

Post by Jman »

Thought we were poor overall and frankly 3-2 flattered us.

My major concern about this side is is our lack of creativity with Graham out injured. I felt at the time his injury was a massive blow as he offered genuine width, a great delivery and took players on.

You'd have thought with over 30 mins to go having made it 3-2 we'd really put them to the sword but they were the ones still on top and crowd went flat. I put that down to a lack of a creative outlet that dogged us throughout the 90. I know he's generally been disappointing but surely Richie could've looked to Moncur? He must be thinking his days are numbered at the club if he couldn't get on yesterday and Pratley came on ahead of him.

We'll have easier games and credit for getting back into the game but they managed the last 30 brilliantly and I was disappointed with our efforts.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Archibald playing at wing back does not help our creativity.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Story of O wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:34 am Archibald playing at wing back does not help our creativity.
Especially when he ends up as deep as he was yesterday. He might have been a WB on paper but he was basically an out and out LB for most of the match.
Mickys Bullock
Fresh Alias

Post by Mickys Bullock »

DrWindy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:04 am I think RW will have learnt some lessons from that game. I don’t think our set up in hindsight worked.

As discussed Theo was being targeted as our left back. He works so hard but is twice the player playing further forward on either flank.

I think our defence struggled as the midfield didn’t put enough pressure on their midfield. Oxford had time to pick their passes and get in between us.

Drinan, Ruel and Piggot didn’t work for me. I would have played Pratley in the middle without Drinan. Whilst we would have missed the extra man further forward I think we would have won the game in midfield.
My thoughts to
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:19 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:08 pm Pigott had a decent enough game, some of his hold up play was great. What are you all on about?
Thank you! At least someone else gets it.
But he was no better than Drinan, thats the point. All 3 contributed to getting us back in the game. Happe & Turns were poor, Gailbrath should be nowhere near the 1st team at the moment. 4 Teams have put 13 goals passed us yet its Drinnan whose name is shouted first & loudest.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Jman wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:50 am Thought we were poor overall and frankly 3-2 flattered us.

My major concern about this side is is our lack of creativity with Graham out injured. I felt at the time his injury was a massive blow as he offered genuine width, a great delivery and took players on.

You'd have thought with over 30 mins to go having made it 3-2 we'd really put them to the sword but they were the ones still on top and crowd went flat. I put that down to a lack of a creative outlet that dogged us throughout the 90. I know he's generally been disappointing but surely Richie could've looked to Moncur? He must be thinking his days are numbered at the club if he couldn't get on yesterday and Pratley came on ahead of him.

We'll have easier games and credit for getting back into the game but they managed the last 30 brilliantly and I was disappointed with our efforts.
Moncur would have been blowing out of his backside within 10 mins yesterday. Absolutely no way he would have been able to keep up with the tempo of Oxford. They were quick and powerful pretty much across the park.

If Moncs manages to get lost in a tedious slog again Burton Albion, he would have done a complete disappearing act yesterday.

The guy is finished at this club. As other have mentioned, the financials will make it difficult to shift him, but I can see him being on his way in Jan. probably a loan down to L2.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Oxford's number 7 , Mills, is the type of player we're currently missing . I thought he made all the difference yesterday . I didn't think Oxford were as good after he came off .It remains to be seen if Agyei can do the same job for us but we live in hope .
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

Where’s the man on loan from Swansea
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

Let’s get Theo further forward now Hunt is fit again. Jordan Graham is a big loss but Theo needs to play further up the field. He’s one of our best attacking players and is wasted at left back. We have the players to be in the top eight. Only Portsmouth have played us off the park so far.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

faith1234 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:51 am Where’s the man on loan from Swansea
Doing well for us at Centre Back from what I’ve seen