Stop and Search

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Stop and Search

Post by Real Al »

Redcard wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:08 pm Facts are facts, but the left wing looneys cry racist whenever they are pointed out.
Fact one the vast majority of terrorist acts throughout the world are perpetuated by Muslims.
Fact 2, the overwhelming majority of knife murders in the u.k. Are carried out by blacks on blacks.
That explains why certain groups may be disproportionately stopped and searched , it’s because they are more likely to be engaged in criminal activity.
I don’t have a problem with being stopped and searched because I have nothing to hide, and I would go further, I think everybody should have to carry identification cards impregnated with their dna.
I'm pretty sure all my cards and everything I'm wearing is impregnated with my DNA. What good would having it on an ID card do?
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Not sure about all my clothes but my pants definitely are.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

Apple wobble stop trying to bend the truth. So you knew that ludicrous graph was the u.s.a , yet you try to excuse it by saying that you knew that but I said throughout the world. Since when has the u.s.a been the entire world. Anyone who doesn’t concede that the overwhelming terrorist murders throughout the world are not predominantly committed by Muslims is the village idiot.
Fatbaz
Fresh Alias

Post by Fatbaz »

[/quote]
Firstly, where did i say it was the UK only? I know where I got it from, and if you refer to the original post by RedCard, the learned gentleman said, "Fact one the vast majority of terrorist acts throughout the world are perpetuated by Muslims."

Apologies accepted mate. :lol:
[/quote]

You'll get no apology from me Wumble. I'm not going to apologise for catching you out.

You tried to pass-off an American Study as being a UK one. Nasty.

You are squealing like a stuck-pig.

If you 'knew' that the study was an American one, why didn't you say that when you posted it?
American studies of its own domestic terrorism have no bearing on UK stop and search issues. You were dishonest in withholding the true nature of the study. You sought to suggest that the data related to the UK. You made no attempt to distinguish it as being American. You got caught.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

BoniO wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:25 pm
point nine one eight wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:49 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:24 pm

You don't see how a change in attitude and trust for disadvantaged kids could lead to more crime down the line? Ok.
Your last sentence says it all.

Ahhhh the poor little dears Yes if you treat them leniently they pay you back, no good deed goes unpunished, they don't/wont appreciate what you do for them, they ain't got the brains or inclination to overcome there own stupid ideology, and while your wasting time on them what about the other non disadvantaged that you have deliberately ignored. Your a typical limp wristted left wing Corblimey lover
Quite remarkable how you've managed to convey just how thick you are in only a few sentences. Well done you!
Cheers mate, I try my hardest, it was a pleasure to put it to print
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

I stick what I have always said lock them up.
it at least keeps them of the street.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:36 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:46 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:05 am Black guy I used to work with had the same name as a well known Britpop icon and said every time he got pulled over by Old Bill and gave them his name they went mental and gave him loads of grief about mugging them off until he pulled his ID out. I thought it was a relatively funny anecdote until he added just how many times this happened and how many times he'd 'randomly' get pulled over. Wasn't that funny after that.
One of my sons friends, a young man, was black and drove a very nice car, all legal. He was stopped on a regular basis for a “produce” as they called it.

My son who is white, often used my car, a sporty fast two door job, all legal. He too got stopped by the police on a regular basis for a “produce”. His mate used to go on about being stopped because he was black. Until my son started to get the same treatment.

Wasn’t a case of black or white, just some young kid driving a fast, flash car late at night that attracted the attention of old bill. Young, flash car = stolen. My son just kept copies of insurance and licence etc with him to save time.
Cool story, doh.
Ditto for me, in my miss spent youth, had a Pillar Box Red, Jag E type, 4.2 engine. worked late at night in the city, regularly pulled over by Police coming home, Reason, young man, flash car, possibly nicked, late at night, always looking to get something on the car, tyres etc insurance, light bulb blown, whatever, never got me on anything. Tried to get me on tyres, went to court I won
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

point nine one eight wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:26 am

One of my sons friends, a young man, was black and drove a very nice car, all legal. He was stopped on a regular basis for a “produce” as they called it.

My son who is white, often used my car, a sporty fast two door job, all legal. He too got stopped by the police on a regular basis for a “produce”. His mate used to go on about being stopped because he was black. Until my son started to get the same treatment.

Wasn’t a case of black or white, just some young kid driving a fast, flash car late at night that attracted the attention of old bill. Young, flash car = stolen. My son just kept copies of insurance and licence etc with him to save time.
Cool story, doh.
Ditto for me, in my miss spent youth, had a Pillar Box Red, Jag E type, 4.2 engine. worked late at night in the city, regularly pulled over by Police coming home, Reason, young man, flash car, possibly nicked, late at night, always looking to get something on the car, tyres etc insurance, light bulb blown, whatever, never got me on anything. Tried to get me on tyres, went to court I won
Cool story, 0 (.918)
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:56 pm "Black, white, yellow...Chinese people make very good workers."
And Sweet and Sour stir fry's, Peeking Duck is a nice meal, order me one will you, cheers
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Yep, I'm calling Gilso with another one of his 'edgy' aliases on this.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:13 pm Not sure about all my clothes but my pants definitely are.
LOL good one son made laugh
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

point nine one eight wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:26 am

Cool story, doh.
I got pulled up a lot as well by the police in the the seventies on the way late at night at the weekends after going to clubs etc. Young man in a bright red Ford Capri, same old checks so many times, tyres, lights, road tax, insurance driving licence etc and of course the regular breathalyzer checks, all a waste of their time and mine. Never got checked for weapons though, cannot recall there being all the murders and stabbings going on at that time, may of course have been the odd one, but nothing like it is now.
Off The Hook
Fresh Alias

Post by Off The Hook »

Is there much difference between the policy of stop & search towards ethnic minorities and the policy of stop & search towards football fans?

Seems society accepts one and throws its hands up in horror at the other
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

Off The Hook wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:59 am Is there much difference between the policy of stop & search towards ethnic minorities and the policy of stop & search towards football fans?

I posted this on the first page but the answer is that 1. the vast majority of football fans are white so no arguments against are considered as we are all hooligans and 2. it has been going on for so long that it has become an accepted part of going to a match. Still, it is ridiculous the amount of damage that you can do with a bottle top.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Off The Hook wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:59 am Is there much difference between the policy of stop & search towards ethnic minorities and the policy of stop & search towards football fans?

One is checking for knives, the other for plastic bottle tops.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Since 2001, there have been almost 100 terrorist-related deaths in Great Britain, the vast majority linked to Islamic extremism. 1,834 people were arrested in the UK from September 2001 to December 2009 in connection with terrorism, of which 422 were charged with terrorism-related offences and 237 were convicted.
Terrorism in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism ... ed_Kingdom
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

greyhound wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:16 am I stick what I have always said lock them up.
Hopefully they can be tought to reed n rite and sentences and stuff when they is inside.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

:lol:

Seriously, get over yourselves you old gammon.

There's no comparison between being singled out for a search whilst going about your daily business and going through a security cordon/check with everyone else when going into a football match, or an airport, or Alton f*cking Towers.
Off The Hook
Fresh Alias

Post by Off The Hook »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:01 am :lol:

There's no comparison between being singled out for a search whilst going about your daily business and going through a security cordon/check with everyone else when going into a football match, or an airport, or Alton f*cking Towers.
So much anger !

Who mentioned anything about security cordons or checks?

Football fans going about their daily business are often singled out for stop & search or even as a group arbitrarily detained in a location or forced to leave a town

Indeed the cases are so frequent that the Football Supporters Federation has a dedicated campaign.. "Watching Football Is Not A Crime" as a result.

So back to the question...what is the difference. The police actions are either acceptable or they are not
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Was reading this thread, and the following popped up on my timeline.

Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

:) :) :)
Max B Gold wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:42 am
greyhound wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:16 am I stick what I have always said lock them up.
Hopefully they can be tought to reed n rite and sentences and stuff when they is inside.
:) Sorry greyhound, but it did give me a bit of a giggle..
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Off The Hook wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:21 am

So much anger !

Football fans going about their daily business are often singled out for stop & search or even as a group arbitrarily detained in a location or forced to leave a town

Indeed the cases are so frequent that the Football Supporters Federation has a dedicated campaign.. "Watching Football Is Not A Crime" as a result.

So back to the question...what is the difference. The police actions are either acceptable or they are not
No anger here buddy, just laughing at the gammons bubbling over.

I've been to I don't know how many hundreds of football games in my life and I've never once been stopped and searched at or on my way to or from a game. (Other than the occassional bag search and pat down on gaining admission).

I've no idea where you're going with this invented whatabouterry.
Off The Hook
Fresh Alias

Post by Off The Hook »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:01 pm
Off The Hook wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:21 am

So much anger !

No anger here buddy, just laughing at the gammons bubbling over.

I've been to I don't know how many hundreds of football games in my life and I've never once been stopped and searched at or on my way to or from a game. (Other than the occassional bag search and pat down on gaining admission).

I've no idea where you're going with this invented whatabouterry.
So because of you never being stopped and searched going to football it has never happened?

The FSF Campaign is all into invented things?

You have never been stopped and searched as a black youth either, but you are accepting that happens

You won't apply the same standards to police dealing with football fans and black youths. You are happy to ignore stop & search of one group but condemn it for the other group.

Why the apparent double standards? It's either wrong for both or right for both. I don't mind which it is, but it needs to be a consistent approach
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:42 am Yep, I'm calling Gilso with another one of his 'edgy' aliases on this.
Sadly not.