Stop and Search

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Stop and Search

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

But Islamic terroism gets more press coverage, so you can be forgiven, eh?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... rage-study
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Anything else PW and RedCard?
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

You can prove anything with facts
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

Firstly, the graph relating to terrorism is nonsense on stilts. I cannot recall other than the one death at finsbury park mosque a murder by right wing extremists , by contrast the multiple deaths at London bridge,7/7, Westminster and Manchester to name just a few, all carried out by Muslims.
The other graph proves my point, more stabbing by blacks than whites even though the white population is probably 10 times greater. So your so called facts are self defeating and more than prove my point.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:05 am Black guy I used to work with had the same name as a well known Britpop icon and said every time he got pulled over by Old Bill and gave them his name they went mental and gave him loads of grief about mugging them off until he pulled his ID out. I thought it was a relatively funny anecdote until he added just how many times this happened and how many times he'd 'randomly' get pulled over. Wasn't that funny after that.
One of my sons friends, a young man, was black and drove a very nice car, all legal. He was stopped on a regular basis for a “produce” as they called it.

My son who is white, often used my car, a sporty fast two door job, all legal. He too got stopped by the police on a regular basis for a “produce”. His mate used to go on about being stopped because he was black. Until my son started to get the same treatment.

Wasn’t a case of black or white, just some young kid driving a fast, flash car late at night that attracted the attention of old bill. Young, flash car = stolen. My son just kept copies of insurance and licence etc with him to save time.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Redcard wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:21 pm Firstly, the graph relating to terrorism is nonsense on stilts. I cannot recall other than the one death at finsbury park mosque a murder by right wing extremists , by contrast the multiple deaths at London bridge,7/7, Westminster and Manchester to name just a few, all carried out by Muslims.
The other graph proves my point, more stabbing by blacks than whites even though the white population is probably 10 times greater. So your so called facts are self defeating and more than prove my point.
Firstly, what you can and cant recall doesn't factor into any stats.

Secondly, learn to read graphs.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:46 pm
Redcard wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:21 pm Firstly, the graph relating to terrorism is nonsense on stilts. I cannot recall other than the one death at finsbury park mosque a murder by right wing extremists , by contrast the multiple deaths at London bridge,7/7, Westminster and Manchester to name just a few, all carried out by Muslims.

RedCard stop embarrassing yourself ffs and send yourself off
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.joe. ... oup-199371
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

I think you forget RedCard an act of terror doesn’t always lead to death you’ve been misled by the Sun and the Mail again
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Lucky7 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:49 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:46 pm

RedCard stop embarrassing yourself ffs and send yourself off
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.joe. ... oup-199371
I’m not commenting on the stats, who knows, what I do know is when commenting on percentages of people arrested it’s good to equate that to the numbers of each group as a percentage of the overall population. So many ways to slice and dice numbers.

Best stay out really. Lies, damn lies and statistics. Very true
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:41 pm Image
Statistics, statistics......Since 2001, there have been almost 100 terrorist-related deaths in Great Britain, the vast majority linked to Islamic extremism. 1,834 people were arrested in the UK from September 2001 to December 2009 in connection with terrorism, of which 422 were charged with terrorism-related offences and 237 were convicted.
Terrorism in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism ... ed_Kingdom
Fatbaz
Fresh Alias

Post by Fatbaz »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:41 pm Image
I think you'll find that this data refers to the USA - not the UK.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

:lol:
Fatbaz
Fresh Alias

Post by Fatbaz »

I'm glad that gave you a laugh Wumble.
I thought that it was particularly funny as you'd urged 'RedCard' to "..learn to read graphs..".

May I suggest that you learn to examine your 'source material' more closely?

Here's the graph in it's original article:

https://www.revealnews.org/author/david ... tive-fund/

The second feature down - 'Far right extremists have hatched far more terror plots than anyone else in recent years'.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Fatbaz wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:29 pm I'm glad that gave you a laugh Wumble.
I thought that it was particularly funny as you'd urged 'RedCard' to "..learn to read graphs..".

May I suggest that you learn to examine your 'source material' more closely?

Here's the graph in it's original article:

https://www.revealnews.org/author/david ... tive-fund/

The second feature down - 'Far right extremists have hatched far more terror plots than anyone else in recent years'.
Firstly, where did i say it was the UK only? I know where I got it from, and if you refer to the original post by RedCard, the learned gentleman said, "Fact one the vast majority of terrorist acts throughout the world are perpetuated by Muslims."

Apologies accepted mate. :lol:
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

How do you know the right wingers aren't Muslims?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

That true...
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

They’re all labour voters ain’t they?
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:44 pm Image
Semi interesting graph.What's the ratios for this based on population please?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

dOh Nut wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:46 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:05 am Black guy I used to work with had the same name as a well known Britpop icon and said every time he got pulled over by Old Bill and gave them his name they went mental and gave him loads of grief about mugging them off until he pulled his ID out. I thought it was a relatively funny anecdote until he added just how many times this happened and how many times he'd 'randomly' get pulled over. Wasn't that funny after that.
One of my sons friends, a young man, was black and drove a very nice car, all legal. He was stopped on a regular basis for a “produce” as they called it.

My son who is white, often used my car, a sporty fast two door job, all legal. He too got stopped by the police on a regular basis for a “produce”. His mate used to go on about being stopped because he was black. Until my son started to get the same treatment.

Wasn’t a case of black or white, just some young kid driving a fast, flash car late at night that attracted the attention of old bill. Young, flash car = stolen. My son just kept copies of insurance and licence etc with him to save time.
Quite a long winded way of showing off about your sports car.
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Made up sports car.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

dOh Nut wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:46 pm

Cool story, doh.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Buddy Manucci wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:34 pm Made up sports car.
Made up black friend, more like.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

I like the fact that there's the qualifier there right at the beginning - a young black man, driving a nice car, ALL LEGAL MIND YOU! Cos, y'know, most of them all are dealers and that.