Why isnt Judd Playing?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Why isnt Judd Playing?

Post by Red_Army »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:14 pm
Red_Army wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:57 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:34 am Why have we not brought in a ball winning midfielder in the last 2 years? It's just another one of life's mysteries.
What do you think Craig Clay is?
Not a ball winner.
He must have fooled me over the last 18 months then. I think I read that last weekend he top of the division for winning the ball back.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Red_Army wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:47 pm
Red_Army wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:57 pm

What do you think Craig Clay is?
Not a ball winner.
He must have fooled me over the last 18 months then. I think I read that last weekend he top of the division for winning the ball back.
Really?

I appreciate the work he does when we don’t have the ball but come on, he’s not a ball winner. Dawson, Vincent, even Ebou, those guys are ball winners.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:50 pm
Red_Army wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:47 pm

Not a ball winner.
Really?

I appreciate the work he does when we don’t have the ball but come on, he’s not a ball winner. Dawson, Vincent, even Ebou, those guys are ball winners.
You've never rated him and that's fine but he gets through an awful lot of work and has the attributes tk be classed as a ball winner. Not that it particularly matters anyway.
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

Ling is picked over Judd because of his long throw - that is so obvious. Got nothing to do with his Dad being DOF
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Ling was good versus Cheltenham & according to the Outlook Pod was decent versus Macclesfield
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

aylesburyos wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:40 pm Ling was good versus Cheltenham & according to the Outlook Pod was decent versus Macclesfield
I was there and I wouldn't say he was 'decent' - I'd say average like the others. I couldn't even name an MOM on our side.

Ling's issue is that he couldn't get a cross over or around the full back.

The weakness that we had on Saturday and will continue to have with those playing in the wing back roles is the lack of decent quality service in to the strikers.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

I didnt see anyone from Orient Outlook at the game, either
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

Has his long throw been effective for us? I can seem to remember scoring off it once.
Matty Lockwood was not the best defender in truth, but his quality from set pieces made it worth including him. I don't think in Ling's case his throw is enough.

Said for a long time now I don't think Lingy being at the club is really that fair on any of the parties, he would be better off somewhere else IMO.

Difference in treatment between him and Judd is fairly clear. Both had stop-start seasons last year due to injury. Judd had one chance in the tinpot and got sent off. Played just one League game after November. Ling got numerous chances, being hooked at half-time more than once due to performance. Was a clear weakness in the side that necessitated change in formation, but kept his place.

He gets a slightly rough time on here, with mistakes amplified. But that is countered by him being bigged up by the club (and stooges like the podcasts) with average contributions magnified. Cue his goal against Barrow being supposedly a 'screamer', dubious MOM mentions, club staff tweeting 'what a player', etc.

Fact is he was poor last season, and the crowd did get on his back. But then they also did so for Alabi, and the club didn't do much for defending him and transfer-listed him at the end of the season. The fact that Alabi is still here is more to do that we couldn't get rid.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

DuvB wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:58 pm
aylesburyos wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:40 pm Ling was good versus Cheltenham & according to the Outlook Pod was decent versus Macclesfield
I was there and I wouldn't say he was 'decent' - I'd say average like the others. I couldn't even name an MOM on our side.

The weakness that we had on Saturday and will continue to have with those playing in the wing back roles is the lack of decent quality service in to the strikers.
''Ling's issue is that he couldn't get a cross over or around the full back.''
Completely correct, same also goes for Widdowson who seems completely unable to lift the ball if he ever gets a cross in. So often when he tries to put a cross in, it just hits a defender or if it misses the defenders, his crosses go fast and low across the area tending to miss everyone and go out for a goal kick. On what I have seen so far, Widdowson is a purely defensive player. Both players strictly uncomfortable when in attacking positions in the last third of the pitch.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

eagwgw wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:16 pm Has his long throw been effective for us? I can seem to remember scoring off it once.
Matty Lockwood was not the best defender in truth, but his quality from set pieces made it worth including him. I don't think in Ling's case his throw is enough.

Said for a long time now I don't think Lingy being at the club is really that fair on any of the parties, he would be better off somewhere else IMO.

Difference in treatment between him and Judd is fairly clear. Both had stop-start seasons last year due to injury. Judd had one chance in the tinpot and got sent off. Played just one League game after November. Ling got numerous chances, being hooked at half-time more than once due to performance. Was a clear weakness in the side that necessitated change in formation, but kept his place.

He gets a slightly rough time on here, with mistakes amplified. But that is countered by him being bigged up by the club (and stooges like the podcasts) with average contributions magnified. Cue his goal against Barrow being supposedly a 'screamer', dubious MOM mentions, club staff tweeting 'what a player', etc.

Fact is he was poor last season, and the crowd did get on his back. But then they also did so for Alabi, and the club didn't do much for defending him and transfer-listed him at the end of the season. The fact that Alabi is still here is more to do that we couldn't get rid.
Agree that Ling would be better off playing for another club, too much pressure on him with his father also here. He did ok at D@R, so proves he can play ok at another club.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Sid Bishop wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:46 pm

Completely correct, same also goes for Widdowson who seems completely unable to lift the ball if he ever gets a cross in. So often when he tries to put a cross in, it just hits a defender or if it misses the defenders, his crosses go fast and low across the area tending to miss everyone and go out for a goal kick. On what I have seen so far, Widdowson is a purely defensive player. Both players strictly uncomfortable when in attacking positions in the last third of the pitch.
But Widdowson is a quality defender.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

To avoid confusing Sam Ling with his dad, just call him Dracula, being afraid of crosses
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:50 pm

I would say more like a good defender, but the debate is not about his ability as a defensive player, it is more about Ling and I added Widdowson, both are defensive fullbacks who are being played in the wing-back role, a position that does not suit either of these players.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Sid Bishop wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:30 pm

I would say more like a good defender, but the debate is not about his ability as a defensive player, it is more about Ling and I added Widdowson, both are defensive fullbacks who are being played in the wing-back role, a position that does not suit either of these players game.
Dilemma. But with Happe, Coulson and Ekpiteta three decent players who are likely to figure a lot then Ling and Widdowson better up that part of their game. Or play Judd who is more suited to the formation now instead of Ling.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

dOh Nut wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:35 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:30 pm

I would say more like a good defender, but the debate is not about his ability as a defensive player, it is more about Ling and I added Widdowson, both are defensive fullbacks who are being played in the wing-back role, a position that does not suit either of these players game.
Dilemma. But with Happe, Coulson and Ekpiteta three decent players who are likely to figure a lot then Ling and Widdowson better up that part of their game. Or play Judd who is more suited to the formation now instead of Ling.
Commonsense reply from @dOh Nut.
IMO, neither of those two players e.g Ling and Widdowson, are capable of becoming good wing-backs in Division 2. Judd is capable of playing this position but for the present, injuries and loss of form seem to be holding him back from getting a permanent place in the team. Perhaps tomorrow night he will get a chance to show if he is anywhere near to getting back to his pre-injury form ?
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Play Brophy at home when need to be more offensive, play Widdowson away when need to be more defensive.

Play Judd.
Tom Chance
Fresh Alias

Post by Tom Chance »

Don't often agree with you but this is spot on.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:49 pm
eagwgw wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:16 pm Has his long throw been effective for us? I can seem to remember scoring off it once.

Agree that Ling would be better off playing for another club, too much pressure on him with his father also here. He did ok at D@R, so proves he can play ok at another club.
Or maybe he’s feeling the pressure of certain so called fans outing any little mistake he makes
Leave the lad alone ffs
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Most players are bigged up by there parent clubs
Jeez
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Lucky7 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:53 pm Most players are bigged up by there parent clubs
Jeez
Eag you do chew a lot of toffee
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:39 pm Play Brophy at home when need to be more offensive, play Widdowson away when need to be more defensive.

Play Judd.
Thats not a bad idea. End of,it comes down to the manager and what he wants to do. On this forum, we just give our opinions but in reality, they mean very little as to what will actually happen for team selection !!
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

No sh*t Sherlock
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

Ling over Judd for me.

Was extremely good in the Cheltenham game.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Me too. I just do not understand where all this Judd adulation comes from.
Groombridge
Fresh Alias

Post by Groombridge »

Judd is not playing because Embleton hasn’t selected him ridiculous thread