Ratings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Ratings

Post by Beradogs »

Brynn. 6. Dropped one to present them with a good opportunity. No chance with the goal.
Cooper. 8. MOM. Got to be find of the season. Very little gets past him. Decent on the ball. Wound up there big lump for a deserved red.
Happe. 7.5. Great game alongside Cooper.
Hunt. 7. Plenty of hustle and bustle. Just lacks a little on the ball.
Graham.7. Chose a few wrong options when in good positions but also put in some decent crosses.
El Miz. 8. As good as anything in this division. Always finds time on the ball.
Brown. 7.5. Getting better every week.
Galbraith. 6. In what was a great team effort he was probably the weakest link. He didn’t play badly per se but never looked like he would hurt the opposition with that killer ball.
Theo 7. A few good crossed combined with high workrate.
Ruel 7.5. Head down as soon as he receives the ball but it was working this week as his runs had them backing off and backing off. Has he started to become a more rounded player?
Pigott. 6.5. Scored the pen but his control wasn’t the best. Lost the ball in some really poor positions.

Subs. Drinnan. 5.5. Shanked a cross shot for a throw in and looked completely out of his depth. Others 6

Wellens. 7. Higher marks than the win at Carlisle despite only a draw. I just thought it was a really high quality game and showed that we can compete with anyone. The one thing missing, despite playing so well, we never look like scoring more than one or two goals. Shades of last season.

Barnsley. 7. You can tell they are a good side for this level but dare I say it, so are we

Ref. 8. Let the game flow and there was barely a free kick. Pen probably the right decision with current rules.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Ratings

Post by Mistadobalina »

Miz was nowhere near his best today imo and Theo had a weak second half. I think everyone other than Cooper, Graham and Happe deserved 6.5s, we looked good without ever pressing that advantage and were poor in the final third. We were tactically really well set up and overall pleased with the performance, so don't want to sound negative. We are a decent league 1 team based on the first quarter of season.

God loves a trier and i really want the guy to succeed, but f*ck me drinan does not look up to it.
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

Wellens has been complaining for weeks that we’re not finishing off the chances we create.
Need more quality upfront if we’re to mount a serious challenge at the top end of the table.
Think can expect some movement in the January window.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

7 for Graham + Theo is a bit generous. Wellens absolutely lost his sh*t at Theo in the build up to their goal for not getting back quick enough. Graham isn’t fantastic defending either.

Piggot has a specific job: win in the air and hold the ball up. He’s getting better and better at it each week. Deserves credit for slotting away the pen as well.

Agree entirely about Cooper. Excellent signing. He single handedly got their player sent off. Very amusing.

Also agree about the ref and linos. We’re all quick to come on here and slaughter officials when they are cack but this afternoon they all had a good game.

Barnsley goal was a great finish. Decent side but I seem to be in the minority in that I didn’t think they were that amazing. We arguably should have won that game.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:19 pm Miz was nowhere near his best today imo and Theo had a weak second half. I think everyone other than Cooper, Graham and Happe deserved 6.5s, we looked good without ever pressing that advantage and were poor in the final third. We were tactically really well set up and overall pleased with the performance, so don't want to sound negative. We are a decent league 1 team based on the first quarter of season.

God loves a trier and i really want the guy to succeed, but f*ck me drinan does not look up to it.
[/q

Not sure I agree. I thought the game was really high quality and the fact we competed and indeed, should have won, shows how far we have come and high marks deserved. El Miz ran the midfield. Anyway, game of opinions!
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

:lofc:
The Reverend wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:28 pm 7 for Graham + Theo is a bit generous. Wellens absolutely lost his sh*t at Theo in the build up to their goal for not getting back quick enough. Graham isn’t fantastic defending either.

Piggot has a specific job: win in the air and hold the ball up. He’s getting better and better at it each week. Deserves credit for slotting away the pen as well.

Agree entirely about Cooper. Excellent signing. He single handedly got their player sent off. Very amusing.

Also agree about the ref and linos. We’re all quick to come on here and slaughter officials when they are cack but this afternoon they all had a good game.

Barnsley goal was a great finish. Decent side but I seem to be in the minority in that I didn’t think they were that amazing. We arguably should have won that game.
Correct at Thoe not tracking back for their goal
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Very dissapointed not to have won that today, we really need some more shots on target in & out of the box. Someone needs to grab it by the scuff of the neck & start forcing oppo keepers into scrambling round more. We were 7th in the live league then they scored. 2 points dropped for me.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I agree with others about Cooper and along with El- Miz I hope we can sign them both up on a permanent contract in the Summer .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Joe315 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:56 pm Very dissapointed not to have won that today, we really need some more shots on target in & out of the box. Someone needs to grab it by the scuff of the neck & start forcing oppo keepers into scrambling round more. We were 7th in the live league then they scored. 2 points dropped for me.
I agree . It was frustrating that we didn't have more shots on goal when we had the opportunity . We're still lacking that cutting edge going forward so I'm hoping Agyei can provide that when he returns from injury .
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

We need Lisbie here as a shooting coach. Blew a massive chance to be 7th tonight.
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

Joe315 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:10 pm We need Lisbie here as a shooting coach. Blew a massive chance to be 7th tonight.
Or on the pitch!!😁
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

MrB wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:19 pm
Joe315 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:10 pm We need Lisbie here as a shooting coach. Blew a massive chance to be 7th tonight.
Or on the pitch!!😁
Where you usually coach innit.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

I thought that today was an excellent advert for League One football. We seemed to play ‘forward ‘ a lot more, ie less endless square passing and created far more chances than we usually do. The problem is we have a limited strike force and badly need Dan Agyei to get fit ASAP and / or bring in another striker after Christmas.

We created so many openings before Barnsley equalised and I think a second goal would have seen us win.
Drinan looked hapless when he came on, totally short on confidence and surely Forde deserves a bit more pitch time than Drinan.
Fcuk knows on who brought Brandon Cooper to E10, but he was outstanding again today and well worth the MOTM award……….praise for Lingy maybe, but Cooper has been a superb signing.
HenleyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HenleyO »

Was a great game. We looked good against the best team I’ve seen this season. Second half when we had our 20 minutes of dominance we never actually looked like scoring and that is what we are missing.
That said happy with a point and enjoying the season.
We are a goalscorer and a wide man away from being potential play offs
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Cheshunto wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:51 pm I thought that today was an excellent advert for League One football. We seemed to play ‘forward ‘ a lot more, ie less endless square passing and created far more chances than we usually do. The problem is we have a limited strike force and badly need Dan Agyei to get fit ASAP and / or bring in another striker after Christmas.

We created so many openings before Barnsley equalised and I think a second goal would have seen us win.
Drinan looked hapless when he came on, totally short on confidence and surely Forde deserves a bit more pitch time than Drinan.
Fcuk knows on who brought Brandon Cooper to E10, but he was outstanding again today and well worth the MOTM award……….praise for Lingy maybe, but Cooper has been a superb signing.
Cooper was absolutely superb.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Beradogs wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:12 pm Brynn. 6. Dropped one to present them with a good opportunity. No chance with the goal.
Cooper. 8. MOM. Got to be find of the season. Very little gets past him. Decent on the ball. Wound up there big lump for a deserved red.
Graham.7. Chose a few wrong options when in good positions but also put in some decent crosses.
Galbraith. 6. In what was a great team effort he was probably the weakest link. He didn’t play badly per se but never looked like he would hurt the opposition with that killer ball.
Ruel 7.5. Head down as soon as he receives the ball but it was working this week as his runs had them backing off and backing off. Has he started to become a more rounded player?
Pigott. 6.5. Scored the pen but his control wasn’t the best. Lost the ball in some really poor positions.

Subs. Drinnan. 5.5. Shanked a cross shot for a throw in and looked completely out of his depth. Others 6

Wellens. 7. Higher marks than the win at Carlisle despite only a draw. I just thought it was a really high quality game and showed that we can compete with anyone. The one thing missing, despite playing so well, we never look like scoring more than one or two goals. Shades of last season.

Barnsley. 7. You can tell they are a good side for this level but dare I say it, so are we

Ref. 8. Let the game flow and there was barely a free kick. Pen probably the right decision with current rules.
Thanks for the ratings dogs always spot on however a couple of things I noticed. Theo doesn’t look that comfortable at wing back and seems to have lost a little confidence, think he’s more suited to an attacking position. Ruel as you say ‘head down’ he has very little control and it lets him down. For me Graham is a bit of a one trick pony, he had a good opportunity to shoot in the second half and he didn’t, he likes to hug the touch line and always goes on the outside of the fullback,when he puts in a cross we have nobody on the end of it at at times it’s a little to deep. This is a far cry from the beginning of the season and if only we had a decent striker we would imo be sitting at the top of the table . Have to say that there goal was quality but as someone said it originated from Theo’s mistake 🙊
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

Beradogs wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:12 pm Brynn. 6. Dropped one to present them with a good opportunity. No chance with the goal.

Pigot had a clear shot at the goal and passed it left , bizarre could have gone two up at that point.
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

Ruel did something similar
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Reading through all this I agree with a lot but I struggle to see how anyone can be positive about Pigott. He’s really not very good at all. Real shame but can’t see him ever coming good.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

BoniO wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:46 pm Reading through all this I agree with a lot but I struggle to see how anyone can be positive about Pigott. He’s really not very good at all. Real shame but can’t see him ever coming good.
Thought he did ok today, good header in the 1st half, just over, and of course the penalty, which was well taken and accurate.
Going back to last week at Carlisle his pass for Ruel’s goal was fantastic.
I think the ‘juries out ‘ on him but he offers far more than Drinan at the moment.
BigDaddyO
Fresh Alias

Post by BigDaddyO »

BoniO wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:46 pm Reading through all this I agree with a lot but I struggle to see how anyone can be positive about Pigott. He’s really not very good at all. Real shame but can’t see him ever coming good.
Completely disagree.
I think he's getting better each week - superb ball to Ruel to win the game against Carlisle last week (and was my MoM), tucked away the penalty today, he's just getting started having come back from an injury.
He banged in 20 odd for the Dons in this league not long ago, obviously has it in him.
Bet you he scores again in the next 2 games.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

I don’t know what Brynn was doing coming out of area to take a free kick in last moments then goes to pass it back towards a defender behind him until he realised what he was doing.

Was a great match and in the first half we pressurised them a great deal but just couldn’t put it to bed.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:03 am I don’t know what Brynn was doing coming out of area to take a free kick in last moments then goes to pass it back towards a defender behind him until he realised what he was doing.

Was a great match and in the first half we pressurised them a great deal but just couldn’t put it to bed.
I totally agree with both comments
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:03 am I don’t know what Brynn was doing coming out of area to take a free kick in last moments then goes to pass it back towards a defender behind him until he realised what he was doing.

I'd like a tenner for every time we have said we couldn't put the game to bed..
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

First time I’ve said it 🤔