Devlin Out

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

RicketyCricket
Fresh Alias

Devlin Out

Post by RicketyCricket »

I honestly struggle to think of anything good he has done.

The introduction of category games was the most anti Orient thing I have seen since Bechetti.

Making matchagoing fans pay again also seems very wrong. Why wouldn’t all tickets be valid again? Strange.

And apparently the food is sh*t.

We can do better, surely.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Devlin Out

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

I do wonder how much of these decisions are actually his and let’s face it he’s probably just following orders from our board about generating money at all costs but I agree he hasn’t exactly impressed since coming in and the majority of initiatives have been anti fan
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

he is dreadful. I have been banging on about stadium naming rights for ages, The biggest sponsorship we are likely to get. He told us they had been undersold before and he was looking to get a major company onboard, nothing. he then declared he was going to work with an agency to find the right company to buy into the naming rights, again nothing but wasted agency fees. He raises prices all over the place while failing to find a naming rights partner in over eighteen months. He is also behind the budget set for commercial turn over by the board - he hasn't even sold all the advertising space on the LED boards around the ground which he convinced the board to buy. He's not performing.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

RicketyCricket wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:56 pm I honestly struggle to think of anything good he has done.

The introduction of category games was the most anti Orient thing I have seen since Bechetti.

Making matchagoing fans pay again also seems very wrong. Why wouldn’t all tickets be valid again? Strange.

The hospitality prices went up around 100% at the start of the season. I would guess that this would have been down to Devlin. Prices have now been reduced a bit as I would assume numbers are well down………..I’ve heard that fans have been called by the Commercial Dept in an effort to sell the hospitality.
Regarding tickets for the Lincoln game , I think that if you can prove that you attended the original game then you should get a free ticket for the re-arranged game. Is this down to Devlin as well ??
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

Any rumour if there will be half season tickets on sale at Christmas?

Such an own goal to cap it when they could have flogged a good few hundred more.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Ticketing has been a shambles.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

RicketyCricket wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:56 pm .

EFL Rules require fans to buy new tickets for a game that was abandoned and replayed
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

spen666 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:45 pm

EFL Rules require fans to buy new tickets for a game that was abandoned and replayed
The EFL rules are:

"Every Club must have a publicly stated policy regarding ticket refunds or other arrangements for abandoned Matches."

The following can be found in the Leyton Orient Club Charter:

▪ If the game is abandoned after kick-off and before half time, supporters are entitled to half-priced
admission for the re-arranged match provided that they contact the ticket office within 7 days of
the announcement of the re-arranged fixture.
▪ If the game is abandoned after half-time, no compensation will be available.
RicketyCricket
Fresh Alias

Post by RicketyCricket »

So, if the club should so choose, they could sell tickets for free. Regardless of whether fans already have a match ticket. This would be more favourable.

The club should not be seeking to make a profit on a match which has already been played. Let alone one which has been abandoned because a fan has died.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:13 pm

The EFL rules are:

"Every Club must have a publicly stated policy regarding ticket refunds or other arrangements for abandoned Matches."

▪ If the game is abandoned after kick-off and before half time, supporters are entitled to half-priced
admission for the re-arranged match provided that they contact the ticket office within 7 days of
Could only see his post because you quoted him (I have him on foe) but I see that Spen is still about chatting absolute effluent as usual.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Cheshunto wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:23 pm ..I’ve heard that fans have been called by the Commercial Dept in an effort to sell the hospitality.
That's correct. We've had meals in the 1881 Suite before two matches this season and Harry Bloom rings me about every two weeks now. I've got to take my hat off to his persistence and he seems such a nice guy, though I've never met him yet.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

The Reverend wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:11 am

The EFL rules are:

Could only see his post because you quoted him (I have him on foe) but I see that Spen is still about chatting absolute effluent as usual.

It's a shame you resort to more abuse even when you are wrong.
6.3 Where a Match is postponed after you have entered the Ground, but before the Match has kicked-off, entry to the Ground or any substitute Ground for the re-arranged Match shall only be permitted on presentation of the ticket and subject to compliance with any other requirements announced by the EFL at the time. In the event of the abandonment of a Match after kick-off you will be entitled to either (i) a sixty per cent (60%) refund where abandonment occurs before the start of the second half of the Match or (ii) a forty per cent (40%) refund where abandonment occurs after the start of the second half of the Match but before the final whistle. In these circumstances you would need to purchase a new Ticket if the Match was rearranged.
A simple and quick look at the EFL ticket conditions reveals at 6.3 the above.

In particular, the EFL stating you would need to purchase a new ticket if the match was rearranged.

https://www.efl.com/ticketconditions/

That would ge the factual position that is the EFL ticket conditions and available for anyone to find on their website.
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

load of nonsence by the usual moaners.

Improved floolights, better club shop, advertising boards, improved hopitality area & upgrade, New ticket system- better than Macklins
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

Does anyone else apart from me find those flashing advertising board’s irritating on the eyes? I find them unbearable at times.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

spen666 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:29 am

The EFL rules are:

6.3 Where a Match is postponed after you have entered the Ground, but before the Match has kicked-off, entry to the Ground or any substitute Ground for the re-arranged Match shall only be permitted on presentation of the ticket and subject to compliance with any other requirements announced by the EFL at the time. In the event of the abandonment of a Match after kick-off you will be entitled to either (i) a sixty per cent (60%) refund where abandonment occurs before the start of the second half of the Match or (ii) a forty per cent (40%) refund where abandonment occurs after the start of the second half of the Match but before the final whistle. In these circumstances you would need to purchase a new Ticket if the Match was rearranged.

In particular, the EFL stating you would need to purchase a new ticket if the match was rearranged.

That would ge the factual position that is the EFL ticket conditions and available for anyone to find on their website.
I think you will find that the EFL ticket conditions are for tickets they issue themselves, for example cup finals, and are not specific to clubs who issue their own tickets.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Ah
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Lifelongfan wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:20 am load of nonsence by the usual moaners.

Improved floolights, better club shop, advertising boards, improved hopitality area & upgrade, New ticket system- better than Macklins
What of those things are a benefit to the fans who are now paying a lot more?
Neptune's Spear
Fresh Alias

Post by Neptune's Spear »

RicketyCricket wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:56 pm I honestly struggle to think of anything good he has done.

So you're suggesting that we give Danny Macklin his old job back ???
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Neptune's Spear wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:27 pm

So you're suggesting that we give Danny Macklin his old job back ???
He'd certainly jump at the chance :xxx
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:55 pm
Lifelongfan wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:20 am load of nonsence by the usual moaners.

You don't think the improved floodlights are a benefit to the fans?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

banqo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:49 pm

It means we are subjected to actually being able to see the football so probably a worse fan experience
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

RicketyCricket wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:04 am So, if the club should so choose, they could sell tickets for free. Regardless of whether fans already have a match ticket. This would be more favourable.

The club should not be seeking to make a profit on a match which has already been played. Let alone one which has been abandoned because a fan has died.
It’s not Orients fault that EFL has asked that the game is to be replayed. Orient has costs to put the game on which they should not have to pay . Anyway the price of tickets on the night should be as before .I hope that is £10
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

moonwalk19 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:22 pm
RicketyCricket wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:04 am So, if the club should so choose, they could sell tickets for free. Regardless of whether fans already have a match ticket. This would be more favourable.

It’s not Orients fault that EFL has asked that the game is to be replayed. Orient has costs to put the game on which they should not have to pay . Anyway the price of tickets on the night should be as before .I hope that is £10
Additionally the EFL rules are that unlike the first game, Orient will have to pay Lincoln's expenses.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

banqo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:49 pm

No, the players
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:19 pm
spen666 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:29 am

I think you will find that the EFL ticket conditions are for tickets they issue themselves, for example cup finals, and are not specific to clubs who issue their own tickets.
Again, can only see his post because someone else quoted it, but amusing to see that Spen is still a tedious bore who knows far less than he thinks he does.

Taken from the same page the bore pasted directly from:

"Match" means all or any of the following final ties: -

(a) The EFL Cup Final;

(b) The EFL Trophy Final; and

(c) The three EFL Play-off Finals (one for each of the Championship, League One and League Two Divisions).