Israel

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Israel

Post by Max B Gold »

Dunners wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:08 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:41 pm
Dunners wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:16 pm

Just theorising, but a possible win win for Iran.

Shift to multi-polar world = dormant regional powers awakening and testing their luck (i.e. Putin miscalculation of Western unity following invasion of Ukraine).

Now it's Irans turn. Get proxy militants in neighbouring countries to Israel to unite and kick off. If US turn blind eye = Israel wiped off the map and dead Jews. Happy Iran.

If US turns up, then venture fails. BUT, Israeli action will result in dead Palestinians which helps to fuel more Islamist tendency. Iran still happy.

It may cost Palestinian lives, but Islamists don't really care about them anyway. May lose Hamas, but still have Hezbollah, who are bigger and badder.

A win-win.
The US sidelined £6bn that was on its way to Iran for oil monies withheld from years ago. Maybe that affected their thinking too. Given the material shortages in Iran and a growing working class opposition to the Mullahs.
I'm not for one minute making any claim to my theory being correct, by the way. But, if it was, then there's nothing like uniting the population against the Infidels to distract attention from domestic failings (the same is happening in China right now about US influence over Taiwan).
"Influence in Taiwan" They've literally surrounded China with their infernal military bases.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Hi Vlad
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Max B Gold wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:22 pm
"Influence in Taiwan" They've literally surrounded China with their infernal military bases.
:D Blimey. Someone should have a word with Russia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, Indonesia and the Philippines then.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Chicken Dhansak wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:17 pm
Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:11 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:52 pm

Israel has caused the situation by stealing Palestine land. You can try to get round that, but in essence, thats why theres a conflict
Brush up on your history
LCL, Don't waste your time debating the situation with this Nazi maggot. This thing will only ever see things one way. It purports to spew it's filth against a State that only wants to live in peace, but will defend itself rigorously,, but in reality it is just another common, pig ignorant Jew hater.
Wants to live in peace :lol: good one
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

That"s right just pick the phrases that suits your outlook on something you know absolutely fcuk all about. Typical of your ilk.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Chicken Dhansak wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:15 pm That"s right just pick the phrases that suits your outlook on something you know absolutely fcuk all about. Typical of your ilk.
Look, we know you’re biased, we know you’ll never open your mind to the other side. Interested to know what my ilk is
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:17 pm
Chicken Dhansak wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:15 pm That"s right just pick the phrases that suits your outlook on something you know absolutely fcuk all about. Typical of your ilk.
Look, we know you’re biased, we know you’ll never open your mind to the other side. Interested to know what my ilk is
Oh oh!
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:04 pm People are making this conflict more complicated than it really is.
In the late 1940's. European Jews ethnically cleaned Palestine of the 'natives', by forcing them out, or killing them, and then took over their land.
The Palestinians felt aggrieved, and ever since that, have been trying to redress the situation to right a wrong.
Just as if someone forced you out of your house/home, and took it over as their own, you wouldnt just walk away, you'd fight to get your house back, and right a wrong.
Thats it
You are a f*cking idiot. Your posts on this matter are not just f*cking stupid, they are wrong and very very disrespectful.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Frogger wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:22 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:04 pm People are making this conflict more complicated than it really is.
In the late 1940's. European Jews ethnically cleaned Palestine of the 'natives', by forcing them out, or killing them, and then took over their land.
The Palestinians felt aggrieved, and ever since that, have been trying to redress the situation to right a wrong.
Just as if someone forced you out of your house/home, and took it over as their own, you wouldnt just walk away, you'd fight to get your house back, and right a wrong.
Thats it
You are a f*cking idiot. Your posts on this matter are not just f*cking stupid, they are wrong and very very disrespectful.
Stay cool man. The Scotch Orient Committee for Truth in Israel/Palestine is currently reviewing this post. Your outrage is important to us but rest assured we will get to the bottom of this.

In the meantime I would direct you to the writings and speeches of Israels first PM. Mr David Ben Gurion.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

The Committee has concluded as follows:

For decades, Palestinians demanded that the world acknowledge the Nakba – the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians from their homeland in 1948 to create a European Jewish ethno-supremacist state in their place.

They were ignored, ridiculed or accused of hating Jews. Now we see the result.

Unless we learn from history we are condemned to endlessly repeat it.

Which is why most Westerners will keep quiet as Palestinians are murdered and driven from their homes once again – because we have been trained by our leaders and media to assume that speaking up in support of freedom and dignity for all equates to antisemitism.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

This is worrying. Hopefully it's an empty threat. But, if it's not, then that can mean only one thing. My theory is wrong.

Well, that and possible WW3.
Iran sent a message to Israel on Saturday stressing that it does not want further escalation in the Hamas-Israel war, but that it will have to intervene if the Israeli operation in Gaza continues
https://www.axios.com/2023/10/14/iran-w ... s-war-gaza
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dunners wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:47 pm This is worrying. Hopefully it's an empty threat. But, if it's not, then that can mean only one thing. My theory is wrong.

Iran sent a message to Israel on Saturday stressing that it does not want further escalation in the Hamas-Israel war, but that it will have to intervene if the Israeli operation in Gaza continues
Do you think I will be OK getting diesel for my taxi next week.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Max B Gold wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:17 pm
Dunners wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:47 pm This is worrying. Hopefully it's an empty threat. But, if it's not, then that can mean only one thing. My theory is wrong.

Probably best you rob your nearest BP now and stash a few barrels just to be on the safe side.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

Dunners wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:26 pm

Probably best you rob your nearest BP now and stash a few barrels just to be on the safe side.
Why would he need to steal it?
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:17 pm
Jewish aren't you ? Is CD being a bit Anti Semetic ?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dunners wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:26 pm

Mate it's been rough already ever since the buses moved onto electrical propulsion the cheap diesel has evaporated.
VeganO
Fresh Alias

Post by VeganO »

I've decided to enter the fray.
A week ago I felt sick watching the coverage of the Hamas terrorists massacring Israeli citizens, including children & taking hostages.
Tonight on ITV News, we saw coverage of an air strike by Israel on a convoy of fleeing Palestinians, people they had ordered to leave a part of Gaza. Many killed including children. I was horrified.
So both sides have now committed war crimes. A basic principle is if one side commits war crimes then it is not permissible for the other side to respond in kind.
I fear the death of thousands of non combatants in Gaza.
This has to stop now. Sadly, I doubt that any Government who are allies of Israel will have the courage to say enough is enough.
I also fear the involvement of the evil Iranian regime in the conflict through its proxies.
Anyone who does not mourn & speak up against the killing of both Israeli & Palestinian children has no humanity.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67114281

I don't know if we know for sure the israelis carried out that strike yet.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

VeganO wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:10 pm Tonight on ITV News, we saw coverage of an air strike by Israel on a convoy of fleeing Palestinians, people they had ordered to leave a part of Gaza.
No we didn't.

What we were shown is an explosion that Hamas and their supporters are claiming was an Israeli airstrip. It has not yet been verified if it was a bomb, an airstrike, or from where it originated. We have also been shown what the IDF are claiming to be Hamas roadblocks to prevent civilians from fleeing.

Not meaning to detract from the general point you are making (which I agree with), but we need to be very skeptical of any information being reported from the region. The level of misinformation is off the scale. And both sides are skilled at it. Don't be a useful idiot.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

2900 dead & just under 10000 injured in Gaza & 1300 israelis killed in 8 days, not including 1500 from Hamas. What an awful waste of Lives.
VeganO
Fresh Alias

Post by VeganO »

Dunners wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:00 am
VeganO wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:10 pm Tonight on ITV News, we saw coverage of an air strike by Israel on a convoy of fleeing Palestinians, people they had ordered to leave a part of Gaza.
No we didn't.

What we were shown is an explosion that Hamas and their supporters are claiming was an Israeli airstrip. It has not yet been verified if it was a bomb, an airstrike, or from where it originated. We have also been shown what the IDF are claiming to be Hamas roadblocks to prevent civilians from fleeing.

Not meaning to detract from the general point you are making (which I agree with), but we need to be very skeptical of any information being reported from the region. The level of misinformation is off the scale. And both sides are skilled at it. Don't be a useful idiot.
Useful idiot? Right.
So you seem to believe that it wasn't an Israeli airstrike?
If I'm wrong then I'll apologise unreservedly & you of course will no doubt do the same if you're wrong .
As I've said, terrible war crimes committed by Hamas. Israel respond by committing war crimes of their own by depriving Palestinians of food, water, energy & by launching attacks on civilians. You comfortable with thar?
And then of course we have the situation of a deeply unpopular head of state facing legal proceedings for corruption who also bears responsibility for the huge intelligence failure which meant Hamas could carry out its attack. This is his chance of redemption & have no doubt he'll do whatever it takes to achieve that.
We have seen incredibly hawkish language & there appears to be an intention to obliterate Gaza.
I haven't even mentioned the general living conditions of Palestinians, land grab, Israel ignoring UN Resolutions, a tragedy many decades in length.
Don't be so naive.
VeganO
Fresh Alias

Post by VeganO »

No we didn't.

Useful idiot? Right.
If I'm wrong then I'll apologise unreservedly & you of course will no doubt do the same if you're wrong .
As I've said, terrible war crimes committed by Hamas. Israel respond by committing war crimes of their own by depriving Palestinians of food, water, energy & by launching attacks on civilians. You comfortable with thar?
And then of course we have the situation of a deeply unpopular head of state facing legal proceedings for corruption who also bears responsibility for the huge intelligence failure which meant Hamas could carry out its attack. This is his chance of redemption & have no doubt he'll do whatever it takes to achieve that.
We have seen incredibly hawkish language & there appears to be an intention to obliterate Gaza.
I haven't even mentioned the general living conditions of Palestinians, land grab, Israel ignoring UN Resolutions, a tragedy many decades in length.
Don't be so naive.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

He didn't say what he believed. He said it was as yet unverified, which is true.

Why is noone able to discuss anything in good faith on this thread, from either 'side'?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

VeganO wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:20 am
No we didn't.

Useful idiot? Right.
Don't be so naive.
The phrase Useful Idiot is a specific term that does not mean I'm calling you an idiot. If you're unsure then it's worth looking up. It's something we are all at risk of being from time to time.

I did not claim it was not an Israeli airstrike. My point is that we simply don't know, and are being bombarded with misinformation. From Iran, the IDF, Hamas, the Israeli government, the Qataris, as well as many others.

If it turns out to be anything other than an Israeli airstrike, then there's no need for you to apologise. It's easy to fall into the trap. Nor is there any need me for to apologise if it is an Israeli airstrike, because I'm not claiming otherwise.

And no, I'm not comfortable with any of this. But hysteria isn't going to help anyone.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

We live in an age where misinformation is rife, lets all try to be fair, objective and have a discussion without resorting to insults.