Israel

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Israel

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Proposition Joe wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:16 pm Weird that this thread has stayed dormant throughout all the Israeli incursions and civilian killings over the previous months yet as soon as Hamas start up, people suddenly want to comment.
The early takes
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

BoniO wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:16 pm
Long slender neck wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:10 pm
BoniO wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:33 pm

Of course. If you’d read some of my other posts and looked at posts I’d liked you would know that.

The violent incursion by Hamas is deplorable and unforgivable.

However, you state that any Israeli misconduct towards Palestinians is in the past. I find it hard to understand how you can close your eyes to the ongoing inhumane treatment and murder of Palestinian civilians.
Got any links to this inhumane treatment and murder of Palestinian civilians? (this is not a denial that its happened btw)
I really can’t be arsed. I’m watching House of Games…
Any proof of that?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:10 pm
FrankOFile wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:58 pm

Of course. If you’d read some of my other posts and looked at posts I’d liked you would know that.

However, you state that any Israeli misconduct towards Palestinians is in the past. I find it hard to understand how you can close your eyes to the ongoing inhumane treatment and murder of Palestinian civilians.
I did try to be reasonable, but you have resorted to type.
No you didn't you were a dickhead.

You can't go around accusing people of anti semitism for criticising the Israeli govt. It isn't. It's opposition to the racist zionism of Netanyahu and his fascist allies.

There are many Jews who do not support zionism and some who even go as far as opposing the founding of Israel. Are they too antisemites?
I’m one of those jews! Painting everyone with the same brush hides actual anti semitism that is real and dangerous.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Also - the woman is truly unhinged eh?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ishi-sunak
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:55 pm Also - the woman is truly unhinged eh?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ishi-sunak
I think that's doing her a kindness. She's not unhinged, she knows exactly what she's doing, she's just pure fash.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Which bit do you not agree with?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

I don't think waving a Palestinian flag is a criminal offence.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:53 pm
BoniO wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:16 pm
Long slender neck wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:10 pm

Got any links to this inhumane treatment and murder of Palestinian civilians? (this is not a denial that its happened btw)
I really can’t be arsed. I’m watching House of Games…
Any proof of that?
Amy Gledhill won by one point.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

Proposition Joe wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:08 pm I don't think waving a Palestinian flag is a criminal offence.
It is in the context of the act. Like waving a Swastika, every situation will be judged on its merits.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Proposition Joe wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:08 pm I don't think waving a Palestinian flag is a criminal offence.
Probably will be by the end of tomorrow
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:10 pm
FrankOFile wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:58 pm

I did try to be reasonable, but you have resorted to type.
No you didn't you were a dickhead.

You can't go around accusing people of anti semitism for criticising the Israeli govt. It isn't. It's opposition to the racist zionism of Netanyahu and his fascist allies.

There are many Jews who do not support zionism and some who even go as far as opposing the founding of Israel. Are they too antisemites?
The eloquence of the loonie left. No arguments, yet default to venal name calling.
Hamas and Palestine deny Israel’s existence and exclaim ‘Death to all Jews’.

THAT seems a bit racist pet.
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

Admin wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:40 pm
Any celebration of barbarism should be denounced. The glee in celebrating (key word) the murder of innocents is no different to waving the Isis flag about.

Then again, calling those who feel Hamas are terrorists means getting called a c***.

Oh, the eloquence.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

FrankOFile wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:12 pm
Admin wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:40 pm
Any celebration of barbarism should be denounced. The glee in celebrating (key word) the murder of innocents is no different to waving the Isis flag about.

Then again, calling those who feel Hamas are terrorists means getting called a c***.

Oh, the eloquence.
It's possible that people waved those flags to say don't forget the hundreds of innocent palenstinans being killed as Israeli flags are waved. Both Israelies & Palestinians who are innocent are dying. It would be good if we all remembred that.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

..."to harass or intimidate members of the Jewish community."

Guardian missed that bit off of their headline.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

I assume the same rules will apply to those waving Israel flags?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Just ban both the f*cking flags.

Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

I just can never get past how so many people who rail against woke virtue signalling, don't experience even the slightest cognitive dissonance when they insist every town hall has to carry a certain flag or be lit up in certain colours. It's genuinely amazing.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Proposition Joe wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:35 am I assume the same rules will apply to those waving Israel flags?
Sounds fair, although I suspect this is all just politics and not policy anyway.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

It is offensive to fly that flag having just murdered hundreds of civilians. I dont know how lefties can read the news from the past few days and do that, utterly shameful.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Just read about Kfar Aza. f*cking Hell. I don't consider this rowing back on anything, or that anything I've said earlier has been wrong - I honestly believe the Palestinian state (not Hamas) can't be blamed for reacting to years, decades of subjugation and I believe Israel is propagating a form of apartheid - but along with the concert massacre (genuinely chilled by some of the limited footage I've seen) the acts carried out by Hamas are absolutely inexcusable. I fear gorier details are yet to come. And, that being said, cutting off the whole of Gaza from electricity, water and food
and bombing civilian areas in response is also inexcusable. I don't see that as whataboutery, it's just possible to think more than one thing is bad simultaneously.

And I think, given some of the horror that has taken place recently, for our Govt to be using the opportunity to start another proxy culture war over a flag is disgusting.
ChorizO
Fresh Alias

Post by ChorizO »

Proposition Joe wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:22 am Just read about Kfar Aza. f*cking Hell. I don't consider this rowing back on anything, or that anything I've said earlier has been wrong - I honestly believe the Palestinian state (not Hamas) can't be blamed for reacting to years, decades of subjugation and I believe Israel is propagating a form of apartheid - but along with the concert massacre (genuinely chilled by some of the limited footage I've seen) the acts carried out by Hamas are absolutely inexcusable. I fear gorier details are yet to come. And, that being said, cutting off the whole of Gaza from electricity, water and food
and bombing civilian areas in response is also inexcusable. I don't see that as whataboutery, it's just possible to think more than one thing is bad simultaneously.

And I think, given some of the horror that has taken place recently, for our Govt to be using the opportunity to start another proxy culture war over a flag is disgusting.
The more which emerges from this, the worse it gets with no end in sight. The troops massing outside Gaza will be seeking vengeance. The massacres and outrages have just begun I fear.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Long slender neck wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:03 am It is offensive to fly that flag having just murdered hundreds of civilians. I dont know how lefties can read the news from the past few days and do that, utterly shameful.
Best take down the Union jacks of murdering is part of the criteria
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Proposition Joe wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:22 am Just read about Kfar Aza. f*cking Hell. I don't consider this rowing back on anything, or that anything I've said earlier has been wrong - I honestly believe the Palestinian state (not Hamas) can't be blamed for reacting to years, decades of subjugation and I believe Israel is propagating a form of apartheid - but along with the concert massacre (genuinely chilled by some of the limited footage I've seen) the acts carried out by Hamas are absolutely inexcusable. I fear gorier details are yet to come. And, that being said, cutting off the whole of Gaza from electricity, water and food

Yeah proper grim and depressing on all sides. No one’s going to come out of this well and unfortunately I can’t see a quick end to more atrocities
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Looks at the moment that some of the worst details regarding Kfar Aza are as yet unverified and based on just one soldier's testimony. Still beyond horrific - they're still dead, just might not have been mutilated - but deserves a slight caveat for the time being amidst all the other disinfo flying about.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You've not got the hang of this have you? The proper reaction here is to pick a side and stick with it. Double down on your position even in the face of irrefutable evidence of wrongdoing.