Israel

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Israel

Post by Dunners »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:28 pm
DuvB wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:19 pm 'Free Palestine' is code for 'Lets kill all the Jews in Israel and occupy their land'. Pure anti-Semitism.
It isnt their land though....its Palestinian land, and Israels occupying it
....And that depends on which point in history you choose to start from, and then the usual circular argument ensues...

Also, you forgot to deny the "Let's kill all the Jews" bit. Probably just an oversight.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

DuvB wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:19 pm 'Free Palestine' is code for 'Lets kill all the Jews in Israel and occupy their land'. Pure anti-Semitism.
Utter and complete bollox. I’m sure there are plenty in Palestine who would like to kill Jews, and that’s hardly surprising given their inhumane treatment, but then again there are plenty in Israel who are happy to continue killing Palestinian civilians on an almost daily basis. Most of us don’t want anyone to die at all.
Of course some people who oppose Israel are also anti-Semitic but it’s entirely possible to oppose Israel without being anti-Semitic.
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

Admin wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:41 am
Long slender neck wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:37 am
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas is expected to visit Moscow, Russian news media quoted the Palestinian envoy to Moscow as saying late on Monday.
Says a lot.
To be fair, it's not like there's any western states that are offering any assistance is it?
Assistance?
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

BoniO wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:07 pm
Utter and complete bollox. I’m sure there are plenty in Palestine who would like to kill Jews, and that’s hardly surprising given their inhumane treatment, but then again there are plenty in Israel who are happy to continue killing Palestinian civilians on an almost daily basis. Most of us don’t want anyone to die at all.
Of course some people who oppose Israel are also anti-Semitic but it’s entirely possible to oppose Israel without being anti-Semitic.
Well, well, well - the terrorist barks again. At least you stay true to form with your Isis- sounding propaganda. Your last line is the refuge of all anti-semites - at last try to be original in attempting to camouflage your innate prejudice.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Me and my shadow, strolling down the Avenue…..

Evening Sunshine. Israel has been trying to sell the lie that being anti Israel is to be anti-Semitic for some time and with some success. However, it is exactly that, a big fat lie.
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

BoniO wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:14 pm Me and my shadow, strolling down the Avenue…..

Evening Sunshine. Israel has been trying to sell the lie that being anti Israel is to be anti-Semitic for some time and with some success. However, it is exactly that, a big fat lie.
‘You’re all alone and feeling blue …’

Maybe it is all that pedalling of the above tropes that’s doing it.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Frankie, do you think Israel is guilty of any misconduct against Palestinians?
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

BoniO wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:23 pm Frankie, do you think Israel is guilty of any misconduct against Palestinians?
Yes, of course they are (in the past) and some of it is shameful.

However, this is barbarism at its absolute worst and can in no way be wrapped up as an excuse for any of Israel’s past misdeeds, real or perceived.

They have a right to exist - Hamas, Palestine and the Arab world need to acknowledge that.

Do you?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

FrankOFile wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:26 pm
BoniO wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:23 pm Frankie, do you think Israel is guilty of any misconduct against Palestinians?

However, this is barbarism at its absolute worst and can in no way be wrapped up as an excuse for any of Israel’s past misdeeds, real or perceived.

They have a right to exist - Hamas, Palestine and the Arab world need to acknowledge that.

Do you?
I was going to engage in a debate with you but have just decided to dismiss you as an ignorant fanny.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Do you?
Of course. If you’d read some of my other posts and looked at posts I’d liked you would know that.

The violent incursion by Hamas is deplorable and unforgivable.

However, you state that any Israeli misconduct towards Palestinians is in the past. I find it hard to understand how you can close your eyes to the ongoing inhumane treatment and murder of Palestinian civilians.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Admin wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:29 pm

Do you?
I was going to engage in a debate with you but have just decided to dismiss you as an ignorant fanny.
I am going to follow your lead here after my last post.
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

Do you?
Of course you will. The response expected of the anti-semite.
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

BoniO wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:33 pm

Do you?
Of course. If you’d read some of my other posts and looked at posts I’d liked you would know that.

However, you state that any Israeli misconduct towards Palestinians is in the past. I find it hard to understand how you can close your eyes to the ongoing inhumane treatment and murder of Palestinian civilians.
I did try to be reasonable, but you have resorted to type.
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Some very well-thought out debate on this most tragic situation. How is it going to end, however? In the past we had internationally-respected world leaders who would attempt to broker some form of ceasefire or even peace.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

FrankOFile wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:58 pm

Do you?

I did try to be reasonable, but you have resorted to type.
No you didn't you were a dickhead.

You can't go around accusing people of anti semitism for criticising the Israeli govt. It isn't. It's opposition to the racist zionism of Netanyahu and his fascist allies.

There are many Jews who do not support zionism and some who even go as far as opposing the founding of Israel. Are they too antisemites?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Do you?

Got any links to this inhumane treatment and murder of Palestinian civilians? (this is not a denial that its happened btw)
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

FrankOFile wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:57 pm

Do you?
Of course you will. The response expected of the anti-semite.
Oh do f*** off.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Long slender neck wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:10 pm

Do you?

Got any links to this inhumane treatment and murder of Palestinian civilians? (this is not a denial that its happened btw)
I really can’t be arsed. I’m watching House of Games…
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Got any proof of that statement ?
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Do you?

sc/15424 on 27/09/2023
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Regardless of the history, the backing of terrorists who have killed hundreds, been kidnapping, beheading women, children and babies, I find just mind boggling.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Only one person was backing Hamas. Eveyone else seemed to show concern for Innocent people killed or harmed from both sides involved, at least on here with 1 or 2 throwing the anti semite phrase around.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Joe315 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:29 pm

sc/15424 on 27/09/2023
Thanks, this? https://press.un.org/en/2023/sc15424.doc.htm
68 Palestinians, including 18 children, were killed by Israeli security forces during demonstrations, security operations and other incidents. Meanwhile, 10 Israelis, including one woman, two children and three Israeli security forces personnel, were killed, and 122 Israelis, including six women, six children and 33 Israeli security forces personnel, were injured by Palestinians in attacks and other incidents.
Not much detail here, but it doesnt sound anything like the Islamic State-esque violence we've heard about recently.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Long slender neck wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:36 pm
Joe315 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:29 pm

sc/15424 on 27/09/2023
Thanks, this? https://press.un.org/en/2023/sc15424.doc.htm
68 Palestinians, including 18 children, were killed by Israeli security forces during demonstrations, security operations and other incidents. Meanwhile, 10 Israelis, including one woman, two children and three Israeli security forces personnel, were killed, and 122 Israelis, including six women, six children and 33 Israeli security forces personnel, were injured by Palestinians in attacks and other incidents.
Not much detail here, but it doesnt sound anything like the Islamic State-esque violence we've heard about recently.
1st I came across, there are plenty more if you choose to look.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

:~