Israel

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Re: Israel

Post by StillSpike »

Why would Hama agree to that? If the purpose of the attacks was to provoke the reaction that is currently happening - and it seems a) it was entirely predictable and b) why else did Hamas attack if not to provoke the widespread bombing of civilians, then I can't see them agreeing to separate their men and materiel from the civ population.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Max B Gold wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:04 pm
BoniO wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:54 pm
Dunners wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:45 pm Hamas does have considerable support amongst the people in Gaza. The people voted for them in 2006, despite Hamas making little secret of what they stood for.

I wouldn't consider Israel's response an "overreaction" as it is understandable (even if you believe it could prove to be even more destabilising in the longer-term). But it is an extreme reaction, that risks inflaming tensions across the wider region and bringing others nations and groups into the conflict. However, the Israeli government could face collapse if it does not respond in a manner that will satisfy their people.

Hamas, and its supporters amongst the people of Gaza, know they have little chance of defeating Israel on their own. And that's even with the considerable weapons and supplies that they have despite the blockade. But if they can provoke a response from other neighbouring countries, such as Lebanon, Jordon and Egypt, then that could change things considerably.

Judging by the public reactions from Turkey to Morocco and throughout many other Arab states, those countries governments will face considerable pressure to support the Palestinians. This may also be why the US has moved a Carrier Strike Force into the eastern Mediterranean, just to send a signal to those other countries.
Netanyahu must think all his birthdays have come at once. Now he has a mandate to go into Gaza with maximum force, kill thousands of people, mainly civilians in all probability and face no censure for his actions. He's been wanting to do this for ages.
91 children in Gaza killed in the last 48 hours. 50% of the population of Gaza are children.

The far right and fascists in the Israeli govt don't need an excuse. They were always going to carry out genocide. It was only ever a matter of when.
You should check amnesty report of killed or injured in Palestine by Israel. Sorry can't share the page, Grim reading of figures, last year was the highest since 2005.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

Joe315 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:04 pm
BoniO wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:54 pm

Netanyahu must think all his birthdays have come at once. Now he has a mandate to go into Gaza with maximum force, kill thousands of people, mainly civilians in all probability and face no censure for his actions. He's been wanting to do this for ages.
91 children in Gaza killed in the last 48 hours. 50% of the population of Gaza are children.

The far right and fascists in the Israeli govt don't need an excuse. They were always going to carry out genocide. It was only ever a matter of when.
You should check amnesty report of killed or injured in Palestine by Israel. Sorry can't share the page, Grim reading of figures, last year was the highest since 2005.
Two wrongs don’t make a right.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

StillSpike wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:01 pm Why would Hama agree to that? If the purpose of the attacks was to provoke the reaction that is currently happening - and it seems a) it was entirely predictable and b) why else did Hamas attack if not to provoke the widespread bombing of civilians, then I can't see them agreeing to separate their men and materiel from the civ population.
Because if they agree to it then hide rockets and munitions in civilian locations anyway (as usual) they can get the PR bump from useful idiots for agreeing to it then also when Israel inevitably renege on the deal
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

StillSpike wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:01 pm Why would Hama agree to that? If the purpose of the attacks was to provoke the reaction that is currently happening - and it seems a) it was entirely predictable and b) why else did Hamas attack if not to provoke the widespread bombing of civilians, then I can't see them agreeing to separate their men and materiel from the civ population.
Well, quite.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:13 pm

Simplistic phrases are not required when Innocent life is taken anywhere. Do you Condem Israel Murdering Innocent civillians for years ?
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Joe315 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:53 pm

Simplistic phrases are not required when Innocent life is taken anywhere. Do you Condem Israel Murdering Innocent civillians for years ?
I don’t condem or condemn anyone without known the full facts of a particular matter. I doubt if anyone does on this board , all depends what lean on the situation they have. What I do know is that people and Governments have a sovereign right to defend their country and people and Israel have the right to here. This war has been instigated by Hamas and sadly more people will be killed on both sides. I find this personally extremely sad .
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:43 pm

I don’t condem or condemn anyone without known the full facts of a particular matter. I doubt if anyone does on this board , all depends what lean on the situation they have. What I do know is that people and Governments have a sovereign right to defend their country and people and Israel have the right to here. This war has been instigated by Hamas and sadly more people will be killed on both sides. I find this personally extremely sad .
Cutting off food, water and energy to 2.2m civilians isn't defending Israel. It is collective punishment which is a war crime.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Some absolute prize bollocks going on here. Another idiot treating this issue as something that started this weekend rather than an ongoing 75+ year war.

You've trotted out the well worn line about Israel having the right to defend itself. Absolutely it does and Hamas deserve all the condemnation it gets for terrorist atrocities. The people of Palestine will suffer greatly for this particularly and Hamas is not supported by every Palestinian. And it is a tragedy for every innocent victim of the violence on either side.

But try to go further in your thinking and consider the "why and how". Do you think Israel has the right to contain Palestinians in what is described as the worlds largest open air prison (as described by David Cameron in 2013)? Does Israel have the right to run an apartheid state like it currently does (as described by Amnesty International)? Does Israel have the right to ethnically cleanse Palestinian lands and indiscriminately kill unarmed civilians and children? Because what's happened to Israeli citizens this weekend is an every day occurrence for Palestinians which happens with barely any condemnation or mention from Western governments or media.

Give that some thought and then consider why some Palestinians have turned to terrorism and resistance. Palestinians are denied basic human rights freedoms such as employment, health, sanitation, housing, power and light by Israel who with Egypt control every point of entry and exit. Nethanyahu's far right government want to incorporate Gaza into Israel and ethnically cleanse it. Hamas's actions are deplorable. But so is Israel's continued treatment of 2M people they consider to be sub-human. Demonstrated just today by their decision to cut off power and water to those same people - these are war crimes being committed in front of you and your government and media are happy to watch it happen and aggressively bark at anyone prepared to question it.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

I Think you should check U.N Security Council Resolution 242 , before you talk of Unilateral rights of Nations or people. Land grabs are not instigated by Hamas.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Joe315 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:24 pm

I Think you should check U.N Security Council Resolution 242 , before you talk of Unilateral rights of Nations or people. Land grabs are not instigated by Hamas.
Thanks, I’ll take a look.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Joe315 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:24 pm

ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Admin wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:23 pm

Some absolute prize bollocks going on here. Another idiot treating this issue as something that started this weekend rather than 75+ year war.

You've trotted out the well worn line about Israel having the right to defend itself. Absolutely it does and Hamas deserve all the condemnation it gets for terrorist atrocities. The people of Palestine will suffer greatly for this particularly as Hamas is not supported by every Palestinian. And it is a tragedy for every innocent victim of the violence on either side.

But try to go further in your thinking and consider the "why and how". Do you think Israel has the right to contain Palestinians in what is described as the worlds largest open air prison (as described by David Cameron in 2013)? Does Israel have the right to run an apartheid state like it currently does (as described by Amnesty International)? Does Israel have the right to ethnically cleanse Palestinian lands and indiscriminately kill unarmed civilians and children? Because what's happened to Israeli citizens this weekend is an every day occurrence for Palestinians which happens with barely any condemnation or mention from Western governments or media.

Give that some thought and then consider why some Palestinians have turned to terrorism and resistance. Palestinians are denied basic human rights freedoms such as employment, health, sanitation, housing, power and light by Israel who with Egypt control every point of entry and exit. Nethanyahu's far right government want to incorporate Gaza into Israel and ethnically cleanse it. Hamas's actions are deplorable. But so is Israel's continued treatment of 2M people they consider to be sub-human. Demonstrated just today by their decision to cut off power and water to those same people - these are war crimes being committed in front of you and your government and media are happy to watch it happen and aggressively bark at anyone prepared to question it.
This a very good and very fair summary of whats going on
People come up with stuff showing they have no idea of how we got here.
To those who call Hamas terrorists....how do you think Israel came into being. Have a little look at Irgun & Lehi, two of the worst terrorist organisations ever to have existed.
Those two Jewish terrorist groups killed and maimed more people than Hamas have in half the time.
Just do some research, and learn some facts
Well done Admin
ChorizO
Fresh Alias

Post by ChorizO »

BoniO wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:10 am
FrankOFile wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:14 am
CEB wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:26 pm But why does he not just say “yes, I condemn Hamas”?
Because he does not condemn Hamas. He would rather trot out trite whataboutery instead, much like Bonio on here.
Hehe - I seem to have unwittingly got under your skin Frankie. As you appear to be a rabid Zionist that’s fine with me.
To be fair, you did call him a knobhead and a rabid Zionist without any evidence from his post.
Perhaps its best to rethink your posts.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:09 pm
Admin wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:23 pm

Some absolute prize bollocks going on here. Another idiot treating this issue as something that started this weekend rather than 75+ year war.

You've trotted out the well worn line about Israel having the right to defend itself. Absolutely it does and Hamas deserve all the condemnation it gets for terrorist atrocities. The people of Palestine will suffer greatly for this particularly as Hamas is not supported by every Palestinian. And it is a tragedy for every innocent victim of the violence on either side.

To those who call Hamas terrorists....how do you think Israel came into being. Have a little look at Irgun & Lehi, two of the worst terrorist organisations ever to have existed.
Those two Jewish terrorist groups killed and maimed more people than Hamas have in half the time.
Well done Admin
Just to make it clear I'm not interested in playing Terrorist Top Trumps. There's blood on both side's hands. And as always in warfare, it's mainly the blood of innocent people just trying to go about their lives.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

ChorizO wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:20 pm
BoniO wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:10 am
FrankOFile wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:14 am

Because he does not condemn Hamas. He would rather trot out trite whataboutery instead, much like Bonio on here.
Hehe - I seem to have unwittingly got under your skin Frankie. As you appear to be a rabid Zionist that’s fine with me.
To be fair, you did call him a knobhead and a rabid Zionist without any evidence from his post.
Perhaps its best to rethink your posts.
Well he was so desperate to have a pop that he dug up a 5 month old post - one where I’d apologised for getting a previous post wrong. I’ll be happy to retract my statement that he’s a rabid Zionist if he simply condemns the State of Israel’s violence against the Palestinian people, their illegal annexation of Palestinian land and the murder of countless Palestinian civilians (many of them just children).
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:09 pm

Well done Admin
Dont most of the civilised world consider Hamas a terrorist organisation?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

I consider Israel to be a terrorist organisation.
Look at their record!
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Cyabra, which has monitored US election disinformation and tracked bot accounts on Twitter historically, found that approximately 30,000 fake accounts have been spreading pro-Hamas disinformation
Be careful what you read all.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas is expected to visit Moscow, Russian news media quoted the Palestinian envoy to Moscow as saying late on Monday.
Says a lot.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Casualties in Gaza continue to climb. Latest toll is 687 dead, including 140 children.

3,726 injured, approx 370 of them children. Death toll includes 13 families “massacred,” numbering 105 people, according to Health Ministry in Gaza.

Over 123,000 have been displaced.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Egypt has closed the Rafah crossing with Gaza's southern border and is forcing back anyone trying to flee.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Whose side are Egypt on?
Friend or fart
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Friend or fart »

LSN:- Whose side are Egypt on?

Well they probably realise what a liability Hamas are, & I get a feeling they are none too keen on the Iranians either.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

That depends. Like many other Arab states they proport to support the Palestinian people. However, based on their actions, you'd be forgiven for concluding that it suits them more for the Palestinians to be kept right where they are. Even if they are being bombed. Possibly, especially if they are being bombed.

On one hand, Egypt is hostile to Hamas due to its ties with the Muslim Brotherhood (which Egypt now considers a terrorist organisation). On the other, the flow of imagery from Gaza of children being killed helps to further cement anti-Israeli sentiment, which Egypt is also quite content with.