Israel

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BoniO
Regular
Regular

Re: Israel

Post by BoniO »

Long slender neck wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:34 am Expected a reaction like this, for Israel to to eradicate Gaza one way or another. It doesn't make sense to have an area on your doorstep ruled by terrorists. What about the 2m people living there though?
Don’t worry about them, Israel certainly doesn’t.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Dunners wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:28 am
Max B Gold wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:13 am
Dunners wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:40 am The Israeli Defence Minister, Yoav Gallant has just made the following statement: "I have ordered a complete siege on the Gaza Strip. There will be no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed. We are fighting human animals and we act accordingly."

The international reaction to such a statement as the above a few days ago would have been completely different to what we're going to witness now. In fact, Israel would never have felt emboldened to even say it in the first place. The whole region has just gone through a paradigm shift, and there's no telling where this could end.
Gallant is calling for genocide using genocidal language. Its a can of worms that is for sure and will provide less security for Israeli citizens.
I agree. This could easily result in a situation where Israeli citizens are even less safe. It could also have the same effect beyond the region. And, I suspect, that is a large part of the motivation for these attacks by Hamas.
Same sort of language the US used after the actual 9/11 and the resulting reaction also made their citizens, and many countries in the west, less safe. It’s all a depressing, tired game that will never end
Friend or fart
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Friend or fart »

Admin:- Can you list his eccentric views?

Can you also tell us what the Labour Party's greater aims were when he was a back-bench MP and what he voted against? You might find a pattern emerge when you do.

Whenever Labour was in Government he voted against them, that is the pattern. He is a serial opposition Politician, has no desire to have power. Probably wouldn't know what to do with power anyway. Get real Mr Admin. What has this got to with Israel anyway? Corbyn irrelevant.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Friend or faux wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:39 am Admin:- Can you list his eccentric views?

Can you also tell us what the Labour Party's greater aims were when he was a back-bench MP and what he voted against? You might find a pattern emerge when you do.

Whenever Labour was in Government he voted against them, that is the pattern. He is a serial opposition Politician, has no desire to have power. Probably wouldn't know what to do with power anyway. Get real Mr Admin. What has this got to with Israel anyway? Corbyn irrelevant.
The bit you said, that i have highlighted in blue, is wrong. It is not factual, but you are putting it forwards as a fact.
Corbyn voted with the Labour government far far more than he voted against.
Look it up if you dont believe me.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:36 am
Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:44 am
Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:41 am

Can you tell me why he was suspended please?
‘Antisemitism reaction’. Whatever that is defined as it is still concerning antisemitism. He has not been suspended for having a party during covid or taking speeding points for his wife.
It is not being suspended for antisemitism. Rather than trying to weasel your way out, it's easier to just say you were wrong. Even Jeremy Kyle managed that on TalkTV last week. There's no shame, we're all wrong about stuff sometimes.
I am not a million miles from the truth, not 100% right no, so sorry for that.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Friend or faux wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:39 am Admin:- Can you list his eccentric views?

Thanks for confirming your idiocy. Much appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:10 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:36 am
Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:44 am

‘Antisemitism reaction’. Whatever that is defined as it is still concerning antisemitism. He has not been suspended for having a party during covid or taking speeding points for his wife.
It is not being suspended for antisemitism. Rather than trying to weasel your way out, it's easier to just say you were wrong. Even Jeremy Kyle managed that on TalkTV last week. There's no shame, we're all wrong about stuff sometimes.
I am not a million miles from the truth, not 100% right no, so sorry for that.
Still wrong.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

As my old maths teacher used to say, "nearly right isn't really right". The libel courts would apply the same rule.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Maybe Parliament needs serial oppositionists who have principles and vote accordingly.

JC voted against the Iraq invasion whilst the war criminal Blair led the charge on a false premise. Millions died and the world is less safe because of it.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Western politicians and media 10 months ago:

The inclusion of self-declared fascists in the Israeli government – fascists who want to annex Palestine and ethnically cleanse Palestinians – will lead to disaster.

Western politicians and media now:

Israel has an unquestionable right to defend itself from this unprovoked attack.

Insightful comments and an article below from a respected ME commentator and resident:

https://middleeasteye.net/opinion/gaza- ... ch-turning
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:32 pm As my old maths teacher used to say, "nearly right isn't really right". The libel courts would apply the same rule.
I would have great faith in such a case being laughed out of a court as soon as it began. Anyhow, you cannot get blood out of a stone so I will not fret.
Friend or fart
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Friend or fart »

Admin:- Thanks for confirming your idiocy. Much appreciated.

This is an admin hurling personal abuse. I have refrained, although it would have been an easy ( very easy ) option. I think you need to have a sit down and reflect on your behaviour and what a very poor example you are setting for what is apparently a forum open to the general public. Media scan these forums from time to time. You a borrowing the name of Leyton Orient and not looking very impressive. A sure sign that you have lost an argument & are clutching at straws when you have to resort to personal abuse. Anyway most Boarders seem to get a ban for that sort of behaviour
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Friend or faux wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:23 pm Media scan these forums from time to time. You a borrowing the name of Leyton Orient and not looking very impressive.
"Meanwhile, the unfolding events in Gaza and Israel took a further sickening turn when the Admin on League One Leyton Orient's unofficial message board accused another forum user, Friend or Faux, 78, of "idiocy". Jeremy Corbyn has refused to condemn the Admin, leading to further calls for his arrest. Leyton Orient FC have been approached for comment".
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:52 am
Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:41 am
Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:30 am Yes he has, but he wasn't suspended for antisemitism. These distinctions matter and it's a shame he doesn't have a penchant for libel claims.
Can you tell me why he was suspended please?
It says it there in the very article you posted. Personally, I'd have read it before posting it so I knew what it said.
:D

ZING
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Friend or faux wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:23 pm Admin:- Thanks for confirming your idiocy. Much appreciated.

This is an admin hurling personal abuse. I have refrained, although it would have been an easy ( very easy ) option. I think you need to have a sit down and reflect on your behaviour and what a very poor example you are setting for what is apparently a forum open to the general public. Media scan these forums from time to time. You a borrowing the name of Leyton Orient and not looking very impressive. A sure sign that you have lost an argument & are clutching at straws when you have to resort to personal abuse. Anyway most Boarders seem to get a ban for that sort of behaviour
Abuse away old chap. It still won't deflect away from your ignorance and idiocy which you are continuing to display to all and sundry.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

If the whole intention was to cause a massive overreaction in Gaza it makes you wonder why the people there continue to elect Hamas to government
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:08 pm If the whole intention was to cause a massive overreaction in Gaza it makes you wonder why the people there continue to elect Hamas to government
I don't know what viable alternatives they have.
Friend or fart
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Friend or fart »

Admin:- Abuse away old chap. It still won't deflect away from your ignorance and idiocy which you are continuing to display to all and sundry.

When are the threats of violence coming? When you have well & truly lost the argument & verbal abuse doesn't work, threats of violence usually come next. Or do you need to have had a few jars before that occurs?
Friend or fart
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Friend or fart »

Getting close to people with multiple user names now? These users thanked the author Proposition Joe for the post (total 5):
Max B Gold, Admin, Loin Cloth Lenny, Rich Tea Wellin, Dunners
After all, there can't be that many people who see any merit in Corbyn!
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Hamas does have considerable support amongst the people in Gaza. The people voted for them in 2006, despite Hamas making little secret of what they stood for.

I wouldn't consider Israel's response an "overreaction" as it is understandable (even if you believe it could prove to be even more destabilising in the longer-term). But it is an extreme reaction, that risks inflaming tensions across the wider region and bringing others nations and groups into the conflict. However, the Israeli government could face collapse if it does not respond in a manner that will satisfy their people.

Hamas, and its supporters amongst the people of Gaza, know they have little chance of defeating Israel on their own. And that's even with the considerable weapons and supplies that they have despite the blockade. But if they can provoke a response from other neighbouring countries, such as Lebanon, Jordon and Egypt, then that could change things considerably.

Judging by the public reactions from Turkey to Morocco and throughout many other Arab states, those countries governments will face considerable pressure to support the Palestinians. This may also be why the US has moved a Carrier Strike Force into the eastern Mediterranean, just to send a signal to those other countries.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Friend or faux wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:39 pm Admin:- Abuse away old chap. It still won't deflect away from your ignorance and idiocy which you are continuing to display to all and sundry.

When are the threats of violence coming? When you have well & truly lost the argument & verbal abuse doesn't work, threats of violence usually come next. Or do you need to have had a few jars before that occurs?
I'm a long established pacifist and all round lily livered coward with absolutely no interest in any form of violence. That however doesn't stop me pointing out idiocy.

Still waiting for you to tell me your understanding of the labour party's aims between 1997-2010. Specifically, can you tell me what Corbyn was voting against?

(Spoiler - part of the answer is a few posts above).
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Dunners wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:45 pm Hamas does have considerable support amongst the people in Gaza. The people voted for them in 2006, despite Hamas making little secret of what they stood for.

I wouldn't consider Israel's response an "overreaction" as it is understandable (even if you believe it could prove to be even more destabilising in the longer-term). But it is an extreme reaction, that risks inflaming tensions across the wider region and bringing others nations and groups into the conflict. However, the Israeli government could face collapse if it does not respond in a manner that will satisfy their people.

Hamas, and its supporters amongst the people of Gaza, know they have little chance of defeating Israel on their own. And that's even with the considerable weapons and supplies that they have despite the blockade. But if they can provoke a response from other neighbouring countries, such as Lebanon, Jordon and Egypt, then that could change things considerably.

Judging by the public reactions from Turkey to Morocco and throughout many other Arab states, those countries governments will face considerable pressure to support the Palestinians. This may also be why the US has moved a Carrier Strike Force into the eastern Mediterranean, just to send a signal to those other countries.
Only message US are send to the Middle East is that they have a gibbering wreck of a man in charge as President.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Dunners wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:45 pm Hamas does have considerable support amongst the people in Gaza. The people voted for them in 2006, despite Hamas making little secret of what they stood for.

Netanyahu must think all his birthdays have come at once. Now he has a mandate to go into Gaza with maximum force, kill thousands of people, mainly civilians in all probability and face no censure for his actions. He's been wanting to do this for ages.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

BoniO wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:54 pm

Netanyahu must think all his birthdays have come at once. Now he has a mandate to go into Gaza with maximum force, kill thousands of people, mainly civilians in all probability and face no censure for his actions. He's been wanting to do this for ages.
91 children in Gaza killed in the last 48 hours. 50% of the population of Gaza are children.

The far right and fascists in the Israeli govt don't need an excuse. They were always going to carry out genocide. It was only ever a matter of when.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

The presence of so many children is a real worry.

Assuming that expecting Israel to scale back its revenge is unrealistic, some suggestions I've seen floating about include the possibility of Hamas agreeing to a safe zone within the strip, where ordinary people and especially children could take refuge. In exchange for Israel not targeting this zone Hamas would have to agree to not deploy any of their militants and weapons to that area.

Hamas could also cease the practice of advising households to ignore Israeli warnings that certain buildings are to be targeted due to them being used to store weapons.

Egypt could also open its border crossing to allow civilians to escape.