Israel

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Re: Israel

Post by FrankOFile »

CEB wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:26 pm But why does he not just say “yes, I condemn Hamas”?
Because he does not condemn Hamas. He would rather trot out trite whataboutery instead, much like Bonio on here.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

I think Corbyn is also a useful talisman for a section of Western leftists with a propensity for questionable judgement that the media can rely upon for clicks.
However, given the non-stop coverage, it's inevitable that the media will start to include irrelevant angles such as this. And, I think there's only been a couple of times he's been questioned on camera.

From what I can see on social media, it's people sharing clips of him being questioned as an example of the media being ridiculous that are generating any disproportionate coverage. They are contributing to the issue they're complaining about.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:13 am he has been suspended from
the Labour Party for anti semitism
No he hasn't.
Flying Hippo
Fresh Alias

Post by Flying Hippo »

Frogger wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:19 am
Flying Hippo wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:33 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:16 pm

I'm willing to pitch in but the minute we enter a vortex of never ending circular arguments, I'm out.
A
(Talking of which, at this juncture, one must try not to imagine greatly experienced orientalists robing themselves in a smoking jacket and collapsing into a chesterfield after a hard day's salivating over a copy of the Guardian, Jezza's twitter and the live Hamas tiktok stream of murder, rape and settling some scores with the Zionist foe, especially the babies, toddlers, disabled and bobbas abducted on a fleet of golf carts. As they sip from a glass of mint tea their minds surely turn to all those glorious, sweaty, peculiarly exhilarated, dusky young jihadis on motor bikes, fellow admirers of the Third Reich and indoctrinated in state-sponsored and promulgated Jew hate since childhood. Then there are those strange, exotic, terrified young Jewesses - Zio soldiers probably - beaten, raped, murdered and then mutilated. Suddenly the kitty snuggled between the orientalists' legs seems particularly warm and hairy and needs a good old scratch.)

I
This is far too long please summarise the above in no more than 2 sentences. Thanks

P.S. bet your thumbs are like bloody little stumps after that post 😘
Just read paragraph 47, two furlongs down the page. I insult those who are getting off on Jew killing.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:17 am
Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:13 am he has been suspended from
the Labour Party for anti semitism
No he hasn't.
Howeveryou are interpreting his suspension, he has been suspended, he sits as an independent.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54746452.amp
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Yes he has, but he wasn't suspended for antisemitism. These distinctions matter and it's a shame he doesn't have a penchant for libel claims.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:30 am Yes he has, but he wasn't suspended for antisemitism. These distinctions matter and it's a shame he doesn't have a penchant for libel claims.
Can you tell me why he was suspended please?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

BoniO wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:08 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:46 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:15 pm In my opinion, the biggest stumbling block to peace is the USA.
Until they still stop supporting Israel under any circumstances, they'll never be peace.
Israel knows it can do whatever it wants, and they'll be no price to pay, because America vetoes any potential sanctions in the UN.
I also believe America wants the war to continue in Ukraine .
America is a force for evil, when you look at is record over the last 80 years.
According the Mark Levin the USA under Joe Biden and the Democrats are now doing the exact opposite of supporting Isreal
Let me guess - Levin works for Fox News and is a well known right wing fruit loop?
But are his facts wrong .?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Long slender neck wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:48 pm A 2016 study which sought to measure incendiary discourse on talk radio and TV found that Levin scored highest on its measure of "outrage". The study looked at 10 prominent radio and television programs, known for incendiary discourse on political matters, and scored content on the basis of whether it used "emotional display", "misrepresentative exaggeration", "mockery", "conflagration", "slippery slope", "insulting" or "obscene language", and other factors, finding that Levin was the radio host who engaged in the most outrage. The study found that he utilized "outrage speech or behavior at a rate of more than one instance per minute
A study carried out by who ? Was it Democrat funded and backed ? I bet at the very least it was left leaning .
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:41 am
Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:30 am Yes he has, but he wasn't suspended for antisemitism. These distinctions matter and it's a shame he doesn't have a penchant for libel claims.
It says it there in the very article you posted. Personally, I'd have read it before posting it so I knew what it said.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:51 am
Long slender neck wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:48 pm A 2016 study which sought to measure incendiary discourse on talk radio and TV found that Levin scored highest on its measure of "outrage". The study looked at 10 prominent radio and television programs, known for incendiary discourse on political matters, and scored content on the basis of whether it used "emotional display", "misrepresentative exaggeration", "mockery", "conflagration", "slippery slope", "insulting" or "obscene language", and other factors, finding that Levin was the radio host who engaged in the most outrage. The study found that he utilized "outrage speech or behavior at a rate of more than one instance per minute
A study carried out by who ? Was it Democrat funded and backed ? I bet at the very least it was left leaning .
Berry, Jeffrey M.; Sobieraj, Sarah (2016). The Outrage Industry: Political Opinion Media and the New Incivility. Studies in Postwar American Political Development. Oxford / New York City: Oxford University Press. pp. 38–39, 115, 245–249. ISBN 9780190498467.
He's a thick liar mate, read his wikipedia.
Friend or fart
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Friend or fart »

Admin says ( About Jezza ):-Being my point. So why does our media go out of its way to find out what he thinks?

Because most of the UK public, knows very little & cares very little about Politics. They find it boring. The media still use Jezza, as the Public still associate him with the Labour Party. Despite the fact that this lame duck has long been purged. I get very annoyed with the likes of Maxy who lionise him. Throughout his Political lifetime: he has often worked against mainstream policies, has shown little loyalty to the Party's greater aims, and held some pretty eccentric views. I think the boredom with Politics was a factor with Brexit. Farage & his cronies droned on about it constantly and were always in the media. The public voted for Brexit, not for idealistic values, but to bloody shut them up!
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

I often look up overseas newspapers, Jerusalem Post included. This morning the JP is blocked.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

FrankOFile wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:14 am
CEB wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:26 pm But why does he not just say “yes, I condemn Hamas”?
Because he does not condemn Hamas. He would rather trot out trite whataboutery instead, much like Bonio on here.
Hehe - I seem to have unwittingly got under your skin Frankie. As you appear to be a rabid Zionist that’s fine with me.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:48 am
BoniO wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:08 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:46 pm

According the Mark Levin the USA under Joe Biden and the Democrats are now doing the exact opposite of supporting Isreal
Let me guess - Levin works for Fox News and is a well known right wing fruit loop?
But are his facts wrong .?
First off, they aren’t facts. The guy is a rabid shock-jock who has found a platform aligned to the far right. He pitches made up BS at an emotional level that appeals to the hard of thinking. He’s a charlatan. A modern day “medicine man” selling lies instead of cures for your ails.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

The Israeli Defence Minister, Yoav Gallant has just made the following statement: "I have ordered a complete siege on the Gaza Strip. There will be no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed. We are fighting human animals and we act accordingly."

The international reaction to such a statement as the above a few days ago would have been completely different to what we're going to witness now. In fact, Israel would never have felt emboldened to even say it in the first place. The whole region has just gone through a paradigm shift, and there's no telling where this could end.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

‘Antisemitism reaction’. Whatever that is defined as it is still concerning antisemitism. He has not been suspended for having a party during covid or taking speeding points for his wife.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Friend or faux wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:00 am Admin says ( About Jezza ):-Being my point. So why does our media go out of its way to find out what he thinks?

Because most of the UK public, knows very little & cares very little about Politics. They find it boring. The media still use Jezza, as the Public still associate him with the Labour Party. Despite the fact that this lame duck has long been purged. I get very annoyed with the likes of Maxy who lionise him. Throughout his Political lifetime: he has often worked against mainstream policies, has shown little loyalty to the Party's greater aims, and held some pretty eccentric views. I think the boredom with Politics was a factor with Brexit. Farage & his cronies droned on about it constantly and were always in the media. The public voted for Brexit, not for idealistic values, but to bloody shut them up!
You are a thick idiot if you believe I lionise JC.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Friend or faux wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:00 am Admin says ( About Jezza ):-Being my point. So why does our media go out of its way to find out what he thinks?

Can you list his eccentric views?

Can you also tell us what the Labour Party's greater aims were when he was a back-bench MP and what he voted against? You might find a pattern emerge when you do.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dunners wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:40 am The Israeli Defence Minister, Yoav Gallant has just made the following statement: "I have ordered a complete siege on the Gaza Strip. There will be no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed. We are fighting human animals and we act accordingly."

The international reaction to such a statement as the above a few days ago would have been completely different to what we're going to witness now. In fact, Israel would never have felt emboldened to even say it in the first place. The whole region has just gone through a paradigm shift, and there's no telling where this could end.
Gallant is calling for genocide using genocidal language. Its a can of worms that is for sure and will provide less security for Israeli citizens.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

I completely get why some are saying that this is Israel's 9/11 moment. It is near-on impossible politically for Israel to not react in the extreme to this brutal attack. And yet, an extreme reaction is exactly what it's attackers want.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Max B Gold wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:13 am
Dunners wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:40 am The Israeli Defence Minister, Yoav Gallant has just made the following statement: "I have ordered a complete siege on the Gaza Strip. There will be no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed. We are fighting human animals and we act accordingly."

Gallant is calling for genocide using genocidal language. Its a can of worms that is for sure and will provide less security for Israeli citizens.
I agree. This could easily result in a situation where Israeli citizens are even less safe. It could also have the same effect beyond the region. And, I suspect, that is a large part of the motivation for these attacks by Hamas.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Expected a reaction like this, for Israel to to eradicate Gaza one way or another. It doesn't make sense to have an area on your doorstep ruled by terrorists. What about the 2m people living there though?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:44 am
‘Antisemitism reaction’. Whatever that is defined as it is still concerning antisemitism. He has not been suspended for having a party during covid or taking speeding points for his wife.
It is not being suspended for antisemitism. Rather than trying to weasel your way out, it's easier to just say you were wrong. Even Jeremy Kyle managed that on TalkTV last week. There's no shame, we're all wrong about stuff sometimes.