Ratings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Ratings

Post by Mistadobalina »

Brynn - 6 or 7 depending on watching the highlights and whether he could have done better with the goal. Was solid all round otherwise.
Hunt - 7. Defensively solid, didn't do much going forward but helped us keep the ball by being good in possession as ever.
Cooper - 7. Hard to fault, has a bit more ballast about him than the others.
Happe - 7. Hard to fault as well. Quietly adapting well to this division.
Turns - 6. Some defensive wobbles here and there but not pushed much by a poor Reading team. May have fluffed the goal.
Theo - 7. Excellent first half, faded a bit in the second but still got some excellent crosses in. Looks better on the left always seems to find half a yard to whip one in.
Brown - 8. Cracking finished, kept the game ticking over nicely. Developing into a real player
Sanders - 7. Shame he got injured as he's looked really good these last two games. Like Moncur sans a stone.
Miz - 6. Decent enough and grew into the game, but not decisively bossing it like usual.
Ruel - 7. Movement was excellent, unlucky not to score with the chance that came off the bar.
Piggot - 6. He's obviously not a target man. Has good feet but gets a bit bogged down in the way we play. Missed one real sitter.

Moncur - 6. Would be a 5 but somehow showed a burst of space from nowhere to get the goal.
James - 6. Didn't have much to do at the back, does give us better distribution when playing in the middle.
Graham - 7. Immediately improved our set pieces, generally a menace on the wing.
Drinan - 6. Sharper than last season, was never scoring that chance at the end.
Pratley - n/a.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Ratings

Post by Sid Bishop »

Thanks for the ratings.
Snowyash
Fresh Alias

Post by Snowyash »

Turns defo fluffed the goal. Can see on highlights we was ball watching and got caught dead, even put his hands out as if to say leave it thinking it was going wide and went in. Sunday league stuff that
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Snowyash wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:06 pm Turns defo fluffed the goal. Can see on highlights we was ball watching and got caught dead, even put his hands out as if to say leave it thinking it was going wide and went in. Sunday league stuff that
Archibald is most at fault for that goal. Has no idea where 24 is and is marking/covering nobody in the box whilst his man scores basically a tap in.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:59 pm Brynn - 6 or 7 depending on watching the highlights and whether he could have done better with the goal. Was solid all round otherwise.
Hunt - 7. Defensively solid, didn't do much going forward but helped us keep the ball by being good in possession as ever.
Cooper - 7. Hard to fault, has a bit more ballast about him than the others.
Happe - 7. Hard to fault as well. Quietly adapting well to this division.
Turns - 6. Some defensive wobbles here and there but not pushed much by a poor Reading team. May have fluffed the goal.
Theo - 7. Excellent first half, faded a bit in the second but still got some excellent crosses in. Looks better on the left always seems to find half a yard to whip one in.
Brown - 8. Cracking finished, kept the game ticking over nicely. Developing into a real player
Sanders - 7. Shame he got injured as he's looked really good these last two games. Like Moncur sans a stone.
Miz - 6. Decent enough and grew into the game, but not decisively bossing it like usual.
Ruel - 7. Movement was excellent, unlucky not to score with the chance that came off the bar.
Piggot - 6. He's obviously not a target man. Has good feet but gets a bit bogged down in the way we play. Missed one real sitter.

Moncur - 6. Would be a 5 but somehow showed a burst of space from nowhere to get the goal.
James - 6. Didn't have much to do at the back, does give us better distribution when playing in the middle.
Graham - 7. Immediately improved our set pieces, generally a menace on the wing.
Drinan - 6. Sharper than last season, was never scoring that chance at the end.
Pratley - n/a.
I know we all see games differently but, for me, scoring Ruel higher than El Miz is just bizarre. I thought Ruel was poor today.
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Snowyash wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:06 pm Turns defo fluffed the goal. Can see on highlights we was ball watching and got caught dead, even put his hands out as if to say leave it thinking it was going wide and went in. Sunday league stuff that
Having just seen again, if Turns was switched on, he should clear it, but as you say he thinks it's going wide.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

banqo wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:55 pm
Having just seen again, if Turns was switched on, he should clear it, but as you say he thinks it's going wide.
Exactly . That's what I've just said to my son . Turns could and should have cleared it
Jman
Fresh Alias

Post by Jman »

Strange game in parts. We were clearly the better side but lacked impetus and the crowd was flat. Last 10-15 mins seemed to wake up as did the crowd and got a deserved winner, great scenes at the end!

Ratings- Saw it a bit different to Beradogs:

Brynn: 7- Kicking was wayward at times but made a couple smart stops when called upon. So far has been a great replacement for LV.

Cooper: 6- Solid if unspectacular.
Happe: 7- Thought he had a good game, headed away a lot and good passing range.
Turns: 7- Similar to Happe. Thought he had a good game today.

Hunt: 6- Decent enough cleaning up defensively and got himself in good positions but for me he is a league 2 player. No real quality.
Archibald: 6- Drifted in and out, Reading doubled up on him. However he worked very hard and always looked to make something happen.

Brown: 9- Thought he was outstanding. Hardly put a foot wrong and a cracking strike for the goal. Turning out to be a real gem. The improvement in his game over the past 1-2 years has been a pleasure to watch. Extra mark for a brilliant goal.
El- Mizouni: 8- Usual, high class performance. He was great today. Bustling, bringing the ball forward.

Sotoriou:6 - Drifted in and out. Typical Ruel. Flashes and then frustration
Piggot: 6- Personally quite like him but was pretty ineffective today.

Subs:
Moncur:6- Great to get a touch on the ball for the goal but other than that was frustrating.
Graham: 7- Play him every week. Good player for this level with his deliver.
Drinan 5
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Re the above, if Happe & Turns are 7's, from where I sat, Cooper is a 8 and I thought El Miz was not as good as he has been, but everyone has off games.

Finally, the comments re Jordan Brown are spot on, we have a gem in that guy.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Jman wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:46 pm Strange game in parts. We were clearly the better side but lacked impetus and the crowd was flat. Last 10-15 mins seemed to wake up as did the crowd and got a deserved winner, great scenes at the end!

Ratings- Saw it a bit different to Beradogs:

Brynn: 7- Kicking was wayward at times but made a couple smart stops when called upon. So far has been a great replacement for LV.

Cooper: 6- Solid if unspectacular.
Happe: 7- Thought he had a good game, headed away a lot and good passing range.
Turns: 7- Similar to Happe. Thought he had a good game today.

Hunt: 6- Decent enough cleaning up defensively and got himself in good positions but for me he is a league 2 player. No real quality.
Archibald: 6- Drifted in and out, Reading doubled up on him. However he worked very hard and always looked to make something happen.

Brown: 9- Thought he was outstanding. Hardly put a foot wrong and a cracking strike for the goal. Turning out to be a real gem. The improvement in his game over the past 1-2 years has been a pleasure to watch. Extra mark for a brilliant goal.
El- Mizouni: 8- Usual, high class performance. He was great today. Bustling, bringing the ball forward.

Sotoriou:6 - Drifted in and out. Typical Ruel. Flashes and then frustration
Piggot: 6- Personally quite like him but was pretty ineffective today.

Subs:
Moncur:6- Great to get a touch on the ball for the goal but other than that was frustrating.
Graham: 7- Play him every week. Good player for this level with his deliver.
Drinan 5
Not my ratings Jman. I thought Cooper had a good game. Solid if unspectacular as you say but it’s generally a good thing when you don’t notice the centre halves.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Regardless of the fact that Moncur scored the winner I still couldn’t understand RW subbing him for Sanders. Up until that point we were all over them and that disrupted our flow. Like I expressed before Graham would have been a better option. And if he had a tight hamstring then he shouldn’t have been on the bench like some idiot tried to pull me up on.I thought Reading rode there luck and looked average at best. I thought Brown was outstanding and is now being played in his rightful position. Also think Turns had a good game imo. Thanks for all the ratings everyone 🙊
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

I couldn't help but notice the 4th official. He made himself very busy, upset both benches, and got Wellens booked.

For me ,like others have said, Brown had an excellent game.

I thought Hunt played well and he was real threat combining with Sanders down the right 'til Sanders went off injured. Readings best defender against Hunt was the Sun which seemed to hamper him in the first half.

Mostly 7's for me across the team.

Sotiriou finding space and being alert and always available to receive the ball in dangerous situations were the best parts of his game, his finishing yesterday not so much. He did get some stick in injury time from his team mates for losing the ball in the penalty area when he should have cleared it, He didn't react too well to the criticism.

Hoping Moncs getting on the scoresheet is the spark he needs to get him back to his very best.

LOFC, Well done, got everything right with their tributes for Derek, also Reading fans and staff for the respect they showed at the start and in the 84minute.

O's were good value for the win, a fitting result for an emotional day.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:38 am Regardless of the fact that Moncur scored the winner I still couldn’t understand RW subbing him for Sanders. Up until that point we were all over them and that disrupted our flow. Like I expressed before Graham would have been a better option. And if he had a tight hamstring then he shouldn’t have been on the bench like some idiot tried to pull me up on.I thought Reading rode there luck and looked average at best. I thought Brown was outstanding and is now being played in his rightful position. Also think Turns had a good game imo. Thanks for all the ratings everyone 🙊
From all accounts Sanders went off due to picking up an injury. Yes rather strange if Graham does have a tight hamstring, then why risk having him on the bench ? We can only but trust those who are more in the know. From all accounts, Sanders seem like he could be a regular in the line up once he is fully fit.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:07 am
Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:38 am Regardless of the fact that Moncur scored the winner I still couldn’t understand RW subbing him for Sanders. Up until that point we were all over them and that disrupted our flow. Like I expressed before Graham would have been a better option. And if he had a tight hamstring then he shouldn’t have been on the bench like some idiot tried to pull me up on.I thought Reading rode there luck and looked average at best. I thought Brown was outstanding and is now being played in his rightful position. Also think Turns had a good game imo. Thanks for all the ratings everyone 🙊
From all accounts Sanders went off due to picking up an injury. Yes rather strange if Graham does have a tight hamstring, then why risk having him on the bench ? We can only but trust those who are more in the know. From all accounts, Sanders seem like he could be a regular in the line up once he is fully fit.
Yes Sid I think that might be the problem with Mr Sanders may turn out to be a bit of a sick note? Let’s hope not🙊
HenleyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HenleyO »

Just a word on Max Sanders who was good on Tuesday and was having a great game yesterday until his injury. He is a proper number 8 and will be good for us once he gets over his injury niggles.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:27 am
Yes Sid I think that might be the problem with Mr Sanders may turn out to be a bit of a sick note? Let’s hope not🙊
Exactly . I thought he played well yesterday and looks a very good player . Hopefully he isn't out injured for too long .
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:27 am
He is a young player, only 24 years old and played plenty of games for Lincoln City in Division One. Hopefully this is just a temporary injury blip that he is going through at present.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:35 pm
Archibald is most at fault for that goal. Has no idea where 24 is and is marking/covering nobody in the box whilst his man scores basically a tap in.
2 Centre backs stood virtually together as the ball floats over there terrible positioned heads & you are blaming Theo. :lol:
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Joe315 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:09 pm
2 Centre backs stood virtually together as the ball floats over there terrible positioned heads & you are blaming Theo. :lol:
None of them come out especially well, but it’s the player that Theo should be aware of who scores.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

The Reverend wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:01 pm

None of them come out especially well, but it’s the player that Theo should be aware of who scores.
so 2 centre halves picking up one man & not splitting to pick up the 2 players in the box which allows the guy to score & yet it's Theos fault ? some people eh.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Joe315 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:41 pm

so 2 centre halves picking up one man & not splitting to pick up the 2 players in the box which allows the guy to score & yet it's Theos fault ? some people eh.
I realise that you’re doing this in an attempt to WUM me. Your attempt on the other thread by randomly bringing up Sam Howes failed miserably so you’re going a different route on this one.

When your desperation to get a rise out of another boarder gets to the point where you’re writing utter nonsense about the basic principles of football then you seriously need to have a word with yourself.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

The Reverend wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:00 am

I realise that you’re doing this in an attempt to WUM me. Your attempt on the other thread by randomly bringing up Sam Howes failed miserably so you’re going a different route on this one.

When your desperation to get a rise out of another boarder gets to the point where you’re writing utter nonsense about the basic principles of football then you seriously need to have a word with yourself.
I doubt you'd no the basic principles of Football if they were explained to you by your Boss God. Nice to see this board put some manners on you now & you can spell Sam Howes name without the need to Insult him.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Joe315 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:20 am
The Reverend wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:00 am

I doubt you'd no the basic principles of Football if they were explained to you by your Boss God. Nice to see this board put some manners on you now & you can spell Sam Howes name without the need to Insult him.
Onto foe you go.
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Sanders was injured.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

aylesburyos wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:36 pm
Sanders was injured.
Yes I know he was my point being that Graham or Drinnan would have given us more pace and width down the channels and would have kept our continuity going. Speaking of Moncur I’ve noticed on a few occasions this season when he has got himself into a decent shooting position, he doesn’t pull the trigger and let’s the opportunity pass by. Is this a confidence thing???🙊