Dutch game to be brought to a conclusion

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Re: Dutch game to be brought to a conclusion

Post by Proposition Joe »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:34 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:58 pm Also, why should Lincoln be penalised by missing out on gate receipts for one of their 23 home games? And their season pass holders getting 22 matches for the price of 23? Silly.
Has anyone suggested we just decide the away fixture against Lincoln is a draw?
Literally in the 3rd post on this very thread.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Oh right yeah that is a weird thing to suggest
CEB

Post by CEB »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:33 pm
CEB wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:25 pm Seriously, there really is a weird thing on this board where people just flat out don’t care about what might have been said prior to the post they’re replying to.
I think I must have misread something…
This is a very specific and unique set of circumstances that isn’t anything akin to fixing the result of a fixture for gain by someone. Not sure it’ll catch on.

Deciding in advance that a match will either result in a draw, or that the fixture won’t take place and points will be shared, is *literally* fixing the result of game, and depending on where Lincoln and Orient are in the table at the time, could obviously be to someone’s detriment or gain.

You have these weird blind spots for blatantly obvious things. It’s mad that you can type “I don’t see how fixing the result of a match might result in match fixing” and not see it.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

The Reverend wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:56 am It’s really not that complicated, is it?

The final 8 minutes + stoppage time should be played behind closed doors.

Alternatively, Lincoln could just concede to defeat but I see no reason why they would do that, nor should they really. The game was far from done and dusted by that point and they have every right to want to finish it.
I think your first suggestion seems the best but it’s a long way for Lincoln to travel for what would be a ten minute game . Maybe some financial contribution for Lincoln’s travel . Edit. For a ten minute game it would definitely be behind closed doors . I could see such a game being played between 11am and 2pm
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

CEB wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:55 pm
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:33 pm
CEB wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:25 pm Seriously, there really is a weird thing on this board where people just flat out don’t care about what might have been said prior to the post they’re replying to.
I think I must have misread something…
This is a very specific and unique set of circumstances that isn’t anything akin to fixing the result of a fixture for gain by someone. Not sure it’ll catch on.

Deciding in advance that a match will either result in a draw, or that the fixture won’t take place and points will be shared, is *literally* fixing the result of game, and depending on where Lincoln and Orient are in the table at the time, could obviously be to someone’s detriment or gain.

You have these weird blind spots for blatantly obvious things. It’s mad that you can type “I don’t see how fixing the result of a match might result in match fixing” and not see it.
Coming from the king of blind spots, I’ll take it as a compliment. I accept what you’re saying, calm down
CEB

Post by CEB »

“I accept what you’re saying” said by person who has been bizarrely avoiding the obvious fact that fixing a match is er, fixing a match. But sure, I’m the “king of blind spots”. I’m sure you’ll have no problem whatsoever coming up with an example of, say, a fact that I ignore while continuing with a point.

Jesus Christ.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

CEB wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:07 pm “I accept what you’re saying” said by person who has been bizarrely avoiding the obvious fact that fixing a match is er, fixing a match. But sure, I’m the “king of blind spots”. I’m sure you’ll have no problem whatsoever coming up with an example of, say, a fact that I ignore while continuing with a point.

Jesus Christ.
He got a point though.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

CEB wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:07 pm “I accept what you’re saying” said by person who has been bizarrely avoiding the obvious fact that fixing a match is er, fixing a match. But sure, I’m the “king of blind spots”. I’m sure you’ll have no problem whatsoever coming up with an example of, say, a fact that I ignore while continuing with a point.

Jesus Christ.
Not a point, the whole post.

If you’re not happy with someone accepting what you say, when will you ever be? Relentless.
Jman
Fresh Alias

Post by Jman »

Cheshunto wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:24 am Just my opinion, but the best method of playing the last 10 mins of Tuesday’s game would be to play the 10 mins before our away fixture at Lincoln later in the season.
There’s no perfect solution of course, but this seems the fairest way to me.
I think this is actually a very fair suggestion. I don’t see any chance of this happening though because it’s logical and the EFL don’t do logical
CEB

Post by CEB »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:02 pm

Jesus Christ.

If you’re not happy with someone accepting what you say, when will you ever be? Relentless.

Dearie me. It’s not my fault you misread the whole thread, ignored the post that made the suggestion that I’m objecting to and then based your entire engagement on this thread oj your own misunderstanding. You really are a bit dim.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

CEB wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:12 pm
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:02 pm

Jesus Christ.

Dearie me. It’s not my fault you misread the whole thread, ignored the post that made the suggestion that I’m objecting to and then based your entire engagement on this thread oj your own misunderstanding. You really are a bit dim.
Last time you said that you got 24 hours off. Perhaps it’s time for you to self impose a break before you make yourself look silly again.
CEB

Post by CEB »

What a Lampard.
MassiveForehead
Fresh Alias

Post by MassiveForehead »

It'll be fully replayed. That's how the rules usually work in England.

The only alternative rule is to give a 3-0 victory to Lincoln, which considering the reason why the game was abandoned would give quite a big fallout. Thats what I am led to believe.