Isn’t “Grassing” just telling the truth about someone who has broken or could be breaking the law

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Isn’t “Grassing” just telling the truth about someone who has broken or could be breaking the law

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

Why do people think it’s wrong to tell the truth about someone who has done or is going to do some wrong. Have you grassed on someone ?
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Isn’t “Grassing” just telling the truth about someone who has broken or could be breaking the law

Post by Daily Express bot »

The answer to your question is yes. I also told my teacher that ‘Smelly ‘ Berryman stole my ruler.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Isn’t “Grassing” just telling the truth about someone who has broken or could be breaking the law

Post by Max B Gold »

B.whitehouse+10more wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:31 pm Why do people think it’s wrong to tell the truth about someone who has done or is going to do some wrong. Have you grassed on someone ?
That's two questions. Isn't the new rule that only one can be asked at a time and you haven't used the recently established format.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

just ask all those grasses that are in concrete under flyovers.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

greyhound wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:13 pm just ask all those grasses that are in concrete under flyovers.
‘Hello Sir, may I enquire how you happened to be entrapped here set in all this screed?’
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

greyhound wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:13 pm just ask all those grasses that are in concrete under flyovers.
I suspect that this didn't happen as frequently as folklore might suggest. I know that McAlpines had a strict "no corpses in the concrete mix" policy for example
oriboy
Fresh Alias

Post by oriboy »

I do know that Scotland yard did indeed investigate these rumours.....but had nothing concrete to go on
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

oriboy wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:39 pm
I do know that Scotland yard did indeed investigate these rumours.....but had nothing concrete to go on
True, grasses ended up on a slab but police came against a brick wall. Were between a rock and a hard place. It was difficult to cement a case together.
oriboy
Fresh Alias

Post by oriboy »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:09 pm
oriboy wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:39 pm
True, grasses ended up on a slab but police came against a brick wall. Were between a rock and a hard place. It was difficult to cement a case together.
Unfortunately the police rely on a lot of pillar talk, and the long road of justice takes time. I'm sure they have support in these case's and the evidence is built on a firm foundation.