C**t's. The definitive into the sea with 'em thread.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Re: C**t's. The definitive into the sea with 'em thread.

Post by Mick McQuaid »

I don't mind Ed Sheeran.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

^He's gotta be a future candidate for Nonce O'Clock, surely?
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

What has happened here? Why was he suspended from GB News?
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Must admit - he does look dodgy...
oxo
Fresh Alias

Post by oxo »

ChorizO wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:28 am
Pray tell what they were supposed to do? They didn’t have a majority.
Neither did the tories, that’s the point, surely? They could have prevented lots of the things they enabled.

If you run on a pledge of phasing out tuition fees and then, once in power, vote to triple them, people will rightly criticise you and lose trust in you.

They also supported loads of austerity measures that they could have blocked, including changed to disability benefits, bedroom tax etc.

The tories are obviously worse,but the LDs enabled them all too willingly in my opinion, and I think the subsequent slump in support/relevance is deserved.
oxo
Fresh Alias

Post by oxo »

Dunners wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:08 am They're the option for people who want to vote Tory, but not in broad daylight.
Taking votes away from the tories seems like a good thing to me (coalition notwithstanding)
ChorizO
Fresh Alias

Post by ChorizO »

Dunners wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:59 am How this one is still on dry land is beyond me:

Struggling to recognise her, so that says it all.
ChorizO
Fresh Alias

Post by ChorizO »

oxo wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:32 am
Neither did the tories, that’s the point, surely? They could have prevented lots of the things they enabled.

If you run on a pledge of phasing out tuition fees and then, once in power, vote to triple them, people will rightly criticise you and lose trust in you.

They also supported loads of austerity measures that they could have blocked, including changed to disability benefits, bedroom tax etc.

The tories are obviously worse,but the LDs enabled them all too willingly in my opinion, and I think the subsequent slump in support/relevance is deserved.
You are very naive. They were the minority in govt, yet got through policies like the pupil premium to help disadvantaged kids and families. Without a majority stake, they couldn't enforce everything.

You really do not understand politics and coalitions do you.
oxo
Fresh Alias

Post by oxo »

ChorizO wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:07 pm

You are very naive. They were the minority in govt, yet got through policies like the pupil premium to help disadvantaged kids and families. Without a majority stake, they couldn't enforce everything.

Is it possible for you to make your point without getting personal?

As it happens, I would say I am somewhat naive, yes, and my understanding of UK politics is, I think, above average but definitely lacking.

It doesn’t necessarily make me wrong, though — ultimately I think they put political self-interest before their principles and should have made fewer compromises with regard to austerity in particular.
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

oxo wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:45 pm
ChorizO wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:07 pm

Is it possible for you to make your point without getting personal?

As it happens, I would say I am somewhat naive, yes, and my understanding of UK politics is, I think, above average but definitely lacking.

It doesn’t necessarily make me wrong, though — ultimately I think they put political self-interest before their principles and should have made fewer compromises with regard to austerity in particular.
There’s not many on here who would give an inch in accepting even a hint of an alternative point of view. The default often seems to be personal abuse and or name calling when views are expressed. Personally I think that anyone who disagrees with me is an ignorant, incorrigible, tos*er but hey ho.