Discounted Hospitality

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Discounted Hospitality

Post by Daily Express bot »

Having eaten up there many times in different groups , I can honestly say it is really poor value for money and I have ‘supported the club ‘ financially for many a mediocre meal. I have had much better food in local pubs.
One of my biggest gripes is the food was often served up cold on cold plates.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Cold plates scandal at League 1 Football club. The Sun will be all over this story.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Devlin is ripping the soul and community out of this club
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Care to expand on that?
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Joe315 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:24 pm Cold plates scandal at League 1 Football club. The Sun will be all over this story.
Well if you put lukewarm food on a cold plate the food gets cold very quickly. I don’t know if you eat off a plate or use cutlery but the whole dining out experience can be ruined when important detail is overlooked. Especially when one is paying £75 plus for the privilege of going upstairs and eating a very average offering. I don’t think I have ever had a hot cup of tea or coffee up there either. The catering is diabolical. The Coach and Horses knocks spots off it. The other annoying thing is if you are in a group but have a season ticket and want to use your paid for ticket, you have ti go to your seat so miss half the meal anyhow otherwise pay twice.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Long slender neck wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:21 pm Care to expand on that?
Everything is about a pound note. There’s a barrier between the fans and the players/staff that wasn’t there before. Fans come second.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:00 pm
Joe315 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:24 pm Cold plates scandal at League 1 Football club. The Sun will be all over this story.
Well if you put lukewarm food on a cold plate the food gets cold very quickly. I don’t know if you eat off a plate or use cutlery but the whole dining out experience can be ruined when important detail is overlooked. Especially when one is paying £75 plus for the privilege of going upstairs and eating a very average offering. I don’t think I have ever had a hot cup of tea or coffee up there either. The catering is diabolical. The Coach and Horses knocks spots off it. The other annoying thing is if you are in a group but have a season ticket and want to use your paid for ticket, you have ti go to your seat so miss half the meal anyhow otherwise pay twice.
Absolutely love dining out, but I wouldnt consider "dining out at a football match, proposterous thought. Eating a pie or a burger at a League 1 is fine, but " dinning out". Hell no.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:02 pm
Everything is about a pound note. There’s a barrier between the fans and the players/staff that wasn’t there before. Fans come second.
Agree but I’d argue that started with Macklin. It’s the owners direction. There’s been some dreadful decisions that do not align with being a ‘community club’ and it’s grated me for years
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by ContrifibulatoryFred »

Hello
I hope you have a middling time in the gallery next game and perhaps not get sufficient gravy or a wafer with your ice cream all in the pursuit of value for money.
Yes, the Os can really serve you up some discounted hospitality
Last edited by ContrifibulatoryFred on Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

Once the Technical opens their food will be on another level (as it is at their sister pubs) so I can’t see why I’d ever do hospitality at those prices (especially when it will be 2/3s cheaper).

Huge own goal to hike up the cost per head like that by the club. Extreme delusions of grandeur thinking BR is now a Championship level corporate experience (and prices).
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:52 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:02 pm
Agree but I’d argue that started with Macklin. It’s the owners direction. There’s been some dreadful decisions that do not align with being a ‘community club’ and it’s grated me for years
That’s true but not to this extent I don’t think. There was still a link between the ‘ordinary fan’ and the players.
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:07 pm Having eaten up there many times in different groups , I can honestly say it is really poor value for money and I have ‘supported the club ‘ financially for many a mediocre meal. I have had much better food in local pubs.
What sort of food did they offer up?
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

Joe315 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:41 pm
Absolutely love dining out, but I wouldnt consider "dining out at a football match, proposterous thought. Eating a pie or a burger at a League 1 is fine, but " dinning out". Hell no.
Why not?
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

FrankOFile wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:51 am
Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:07 pm Having eaten up there many times in different groups , I can honestly say it is really poor value for money and I have ‘supported the club ‘ financially for many a mediocre meal. I have had much better food in local pubs.

Cold roast dinner when I last went, was terrible.
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

Slightly off the subject but is it still possible to drink in the gallery bar after the match, as a non-gallery person?
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

Orient Punxx wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:18 am Slightly off the subject but is it still possible to drink in the gallery bar after the match, as a non-gallery person?
No
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

Lifelongfan wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:36 am
Orient Punxx wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:18 am Slightly off the subject but is it still possible to drink in the gallery bar after the match, as a non-gallery person?
No
That’s a shame. Hadn’t done it this season but was going up there most of last season with family for 2 or 3.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Why not?
Because they dont present the quality or the experience I expect.
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

Joe315 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:26 am

Why not?
Leave it out. You’re not Gordon Ramsay,
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:03 am

Cold roast dinner when I last went, was terrible.
Sounds grim.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

FrankOFile wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:20 pm

Why not?
Leave what out exactly ? Idiotic comment.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Joe315 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:40 pm

Gordon Ramsey often criticises cold plates and it is not difficult to produce a meal of decent quality when punters are paying nearly £50 for it.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:08 am

Gordon Ramsey often criticises cold plates and it is not difficult to produce a meal of decent quality when punters are paying nearly £50 for it.
I've eaten off a cold plate at one of Ramseys restraunts & if you are referencing him & a £50 note to quantify standards, I feel sorry for your taste buds.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Joe315 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:46 pm

I've eaten off a cold plate at one of Ramseys restraunts & if you are referencing him & a £50 note to quantify standards, I feel sorry for your taste buds.
I’m talking about hospitality at Leyton Orient. Had I been in the GR restaurant I’d have backed the meal but was with a large group of pub friends so just accepted it for ‘loyalty to the club’.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:49 pm
Joe315 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:46 pm

I’m talking about hospitality at Leyton Orient. Had I been in the GR restaurant I’d have backed the meal but was with a large group of pub friends so just accepted it for ‘loyalty to the club’.
More Fool you for" Dining out" at a Football Match.