Dog watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Dog watch

Post by Long slender neck »

Thats not rare for them.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

The same Zoe Williams who cheerily admitted her dog got into loads of fights before she bothered putting a lead on it?

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... ort-animal
CEB
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

One day, she’ll be revealed to have been a genius comedy character
CEB
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by CEB »

Proposition Joe wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:30 am The same Zoe Williams who cheerily admitted her dog got into loads of fights before she bothered putting a lead on it?

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... ort-animal
Oh wow I just actually read that. She really is worryingly dim
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

If she didn't exist, you couldn't credibly make her up.
CEB
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by CEB »

Imagine actually writing that you *eventually* realised that your big aggressive dog needed to be on a lead
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

Would you trust that dog to not tear your face off?
Friend or faux
Fresh Alias

Post by Friend or faux »

Beeb reporting a man in Staffordshire killed yesterday by a dog attack from 2 dogs. Report said one was contained in the owners flat. This is the problem. Twats owning dogs capable of killing and keeping them in a flat. Long ago when I was young, lived in a Council flat. Pets not allowed. A bit harsh. Maybe there should be weight/height restriction. But some people need to be protected from themselves ( not to mention being protected from other people ). When I take my dog to Discover Dogs, there are loads intermingled, from Irish Wolfhounds to Yorkies. No problems, because people are sensible. Ignorance is the cause of most of our problems.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Being in a flat isn't automatically the problem. Studies show that dog owners who live in flats spend more time outside with their pets, so it's about ensuring a dog which needs a lot of exercise and stimulation is still be able to get that, no matter where they live. Domestic dog attacks take place in houses with a garden as well, there will be plenty of other aspects more relevant to this case.

Also, dogs still aren't allowed in a lot of social housing but good luck to overworked and overstretched Housing Officers trying to take any swift and/or meaningful enforcement action against someone who just ignores the rules.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Assume this is the article you mentioned, and it looks like you haven't even read it properly:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-s ... e-66815454
Members of the public tried to help as the victim was attacked outside a property
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Friend or faux wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:29 am Beeb reporting a man in Staffordshire killed yesterday by a dog attack from 2 dogs. Report said one was contained in the owners flat. This is the problem. Twats owning dogs capable of killing and keeping them in a flat. Long ago when I was young, lived in a Council flat. Pets not allowed. A bit harsh. Maybe there should be weight/height restriction. But some people need to be protected from themselves ( not to mention being protected from other people ). When I take my dog to Discover Dogs, there are loads intermingled, from Irish Wolfhounds to Yorkies. No problems, because people are sensible. Ignorance is the cause of most of our problems.
How does a wee Yorkie "intermingle" with an Irish Wolfhound? Can't visualise it myself.
Friend or faux
Fresh Alias

Post by Friend or faux »

PJ :- From the self same article ( Why are people on this board so willing to criticise others? ).....They contained one of them outside, while the other was contained in the owner's flat, officers added.

What other problems did you have with my posting. As someone who takes an interest in dogs, all Societies that are interested in the welfare of people & dogs say larger dogs are not suitable for flats. Dogs are intelligent animals, that need their intelligence stimulated
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Friend or faux wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:16 pm
What other problems did you have with my posting.
I made it pretty clear tbh. I said flats aren't *automatically* unsuitable places for dogs, which you implied initially and have since reiterated. I also made it clear that it depends on the breed and that stimulation is key, which you don't seem to have read.
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Horrific stuff. How many more people need to die or be badly injured before this country gets serious about eradicating these vicious brutes? You can just tell by looking at a dog if it's the kind of thing you wouldn't want to come face to face with off a lead. I don't know why we have to get so hung up on classifying breeds etc.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Celtient wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:11 pm Horrific stuff. How many more people need to die or be badly injured before this country gets serious about eradicating these vicious brutes? You can just tell by looking at a dog if it's the kind of thing you wouldn't want to come face to face with off a lead. I don't know why we have to get so hung up on classifying breeds etc.
Where do you stand on the thorny issue of rewilding wolves in the North East of Scotland?
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Wolves don't attack humans generally but I think the thousands of sheep up here will go on strike if this ever happens
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Although, if a wolf ever did attack a human here, I can just imagine the hysteria. But if its a dog, most people seem to think its a price worth paying as dogs are lovely
Friend or faux
Fresh Alias

Post by Friend or faux »

Celtient, I don't know there are many people think that a dog killing a human " is a price worth paying as dogs are lovely ". But a lot of people are worried by the fact that quite a lot of dysfunctional people feel that it is " cool " to own large & powerful dogs. Then mistreat them and keep them in unsuitable conditions. They are feckless in the way they train these dogs, encouraging them to be aggressive. Probably because they don't have the balls to face their enemies .You can always get some potty dogs, just as you get potty humans. But a large part of this problem is caused by the same people who carry knives. Also the people on this Board who have a drug habit, should reflect on whether or not, they a part of the problem.
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

The group you describe are of course a huge part of the problem, but there are also huge numbers of "ordinary" people who think it is acceptable to have their large dogs running off the lead in areas where children are playing and out in the countryside. Last year, my wife and I had a frightening encounter with an aggressive Doberman while walking through woodland. The doddery old owner was about a 100 yards behind the hound and clearly had no control over it whatsoever, yet she saw fit to let it run free. I would be surprised if this was the first time her dog had been aggressive
Friend or faux
Fresh Alias

Post by Friend or faux »

Celtient you are true of course. There are a lot of twats about. My dog's breed, has been bred to: sniff out boar, bark like Hell and aim to get the boar to chase it out in to the open. So BGV's do not like dogs running at them, their instincts are not fight but to run speedo. So my dog prefers to be on a lead & let me deal with other dogs. We were once confronted by an off lead dog, which ran at my dog, sporting a sign " I am not aggressive ". The owners took a lot of convincing that my dog was unable to read. ( she spends most of her time watching History TV programmes & YouTube ).
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Friend or faux wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:55 pm Celtient you are true of course. There are a lot of twats about. My dog's breed, has been bred to: sniff out boar, bark like Hell and aim to get the boar to chase it out in to the open. So BGV's do not like dogs running at them, their instincts are not fight but to run speedo. So my dog prefers to be on a lead & let me deal with other dogs. We were once confronted by an off lead dog, which ran at my dog, sporting a sign " I am not aggressive ". The owners took a lot of convincing that my dog was unable to read. ( she spends most of her time watching History TV programmes & YouTube ).
Your dog watches History tv & you tube ?
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

animal lovers care more for there dogs than they
do about humans. :(
Friend or faux
Fresh Alias

Post by Friend or faux »

Joe 315:-

Thats my dog
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Friend or faux wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:13 pm Joe 315:-

Thats my dog
Brilliant, I see she doesn't have the remote though ;)
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Celtient wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:42 pm The group you describe are of course a huge part of the problem, but there are also huge numbers of "ordinary" people who think it is acceptable to have their large dogs running off the lead in areas where children are playing and out in the countryside. Last year, my wife and I had a frightening encounter with an aggressive Doberman while walking through woodland. The doddery old owner was about a 100 yards behind the hound and clearly had no control over it whatsoever, yet she saw fit to let it run free. I would be surprised if this was the first time her dog had been aggressive
This is where a pack of hungry wolves would have come in handy. Correctly trained and adequately compensated they could police non compliant dogs.