Jude Bellingham

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Jude Bellingham

Post by Max B Gold »

Mistadobalina wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:13 am Feel for Maguire as he's done nothing to deserve the level of flack that he gets, but our starting centre back shouldn't be a guy who's 5th choice at any club. Tomori, Guehi, Dunk, Colwill and White are all clearly better options.

There was a good article in the guardian the other day about how playing Maguire forces the England midfield to not press well because the defence has to play quite low to account for Maguire's lack of pace and mobility. I get the idea that he's good in the air and a set piece threat but we have the players to dominate games now and shouldn't be playing to accommodate the weaknesses of a solid but limited defender.
Say what youse like about Maguire but he took his goal well last night.

Bellingham was excellent. Poise, balance, intelligence , and passing ability he's got it all reminds me of a young David Turnbull.
Last edited by Max B Gold on Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Got me thinking (yeah I know it’s dangerous) but on reflection watching England last night was a pleasure for a change. If that had been Brazil,Spain,Germany or any other country for that matter we would be raving about them. The one touch passing at times was excellent and individual control was excellent as well. Do people on here think maybe we react to the O’s games a little to early after a game. OK we all get carried away in the heat of the moment but leaving it a few hours or a day after gives you time to think about a game?🙈
CEB

Post by CEB »

England have got a tournament win in them, I think
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Adz wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:06 am
BiggsyMalone wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:51 pm He’s very good but he’s not even the best midfielder at Real
Who's better?
Valverde, Kroos and Modric. You can make cases for Tchouameni and Camavinga being equal, if not better, too.
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:33 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:13 am Feel for Maguire as he's done nothing to deserve the level of flack that he gets, but our starting centre back shouldn't be a guy who's 5th choice at any club. Tomori, Guehi, Dunk, Colwill and White are all clearly better options.

There was a good article in the guardian the other day about how playing Maguire forces the England midfield to not press well because the defence has to play quite low to account for Maguire's lack of pace and mobility. I get the idea that he's good in the air and a set piece threat but we have the players to dominate games now and shouldn't be playing to accommodate the weaknesses of a solid but limited defender.
Say what youse like about Maguire buy he took his goal well last night.

Bellingham was excellent. Poise, balance, intelligence , and passing ability he's got it all reminds me of a young David Turnbull.
But he's no Omar Beckles who's regularly on the score sheet.
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Bellingham was near to unplayable last night, but, (and no disrespect to Scotland - I wish we had the kind of loud and welcome everywhere support that England Don't have) we were playing Scotland, who had League Two players playing for them, albeit they've been on great form.

But you'd have to say, if he's like this at 20, and continues to develop, what will he be like at 24/5...
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:27 pm
Adz wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:06 am
BiggsyMalone wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:51 pm He’s very good but he’s not even the best midfielder at Real
Who's better?
Valverde, Kroos and Modric. You can make cases for Tchouameni and Camavinga being equal, if not better, too.
Wow, how comes they've been struggling so much to win anything in the last few years?
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

I just hope we don't build him up too much.
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

The boy can play a bit.
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

Impressive to think that, if England do well next summer he’ll likely have over 40 caps by his 21st birthday.

Only Rooney comes close to that level of experience so young. As an example, I think Michael Owen ‘only’ had 24 by that age.
Eggski
Fresh Alias

Post by Eggski »

Hopefully, he can become as good as lord Cunningham. I think he will, his clued up, avoided the premier ( sh*t) and has played, and is playing in real football leagues
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:24 am I think Graeme Souness hit the nail on the head when he said England play with the handbrake on when Southgates in charge 🙈
With the two holding midfield players…