Theo’s Goal on Saturday

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Theo’s Goal on Saturday

Post by Cheshunto »

Wasn’t sure whether to celebrate or not……..the ball seemed to go into the goal but bounced out so quickly that I initially thought how has he managed to put that wide 😂😂
Have we changed the position of the goal nets and stanchions ??
Could cause problems in the future………
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Theo’s Goal on Saturday

Post by Chief crazy horse »

I thought exactly the same, that he'd shot wide.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Cheshunto wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:41 am Wasn’t sure whether to celebrate or not……..the ball seemed to go into the goal but bounced out so quickly that I initially thought how has he managed to put that wide 😂😂
That’s exactly why i made the point on another thread about removing the advertising board from behind the South Stand goal . The North stand is fine because the advertising board is behind the back support poles . In my opinion the problem with the South goal is the board is between the back of the net but in front of the support poles . It reminded me of that Clive Allan goal years ago while playing for QPR against Crystal Palace. His goal hit the back of the goal frame yet the referee thought it had hit the post because the ball came flying straight back out again at speed. Would you honestly put that same mistake past some of the referees we’ve had over the past few years. I wouldn’t. Edit. Did anybody else notice that just after the second goal was scored the ball bounced back to the centre circle on its own because it hit that advising board so hard
BertPP
Fresh Alias

Post by BertPP »

I think it hit the goal horizontal floor bar??
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:56 am
Cheshunto wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:41 am Wasn’t sure whether to celebrate or not……..the ball seemed to go into the goal but bounced out so quickly that I initially thought how has he managed to put that wide 😂😂
That’s exactly why i made the point on another thread about removing the advertising board from behind the South Stand goal . The North stand is fine because the advertising board is behind the back support poles . In my opinion the problem with the South goal is the board is between the back of the net but in front of the support poles . It reminded me of that Clive Allan goal years ago while playing for QPR against Crystal Palace. His goal hit the back of the goal frame yet the referee thought it had hit the post because the ball came flying straight back out again at speed. Would you honestly put that same mistake past some of the referees we’ve had over the past few years. I wouldn’t. Edit. Did anybody else notice that just after the second goal was scored the ball bounced back to the centre circle on its own because it hit that advising board so hard
Many moons ago down Scumend in a reserve game Laurie Cunningham Scored for us however he got clattered well and truly, The Reff in his wisdom went to award a corner as the ball had bounced out of the net once dust had settled and arguments built up Lino stepped in and put things right
leebmx
Fresh Alias

Post by leebmx »

Also aesthetically it is very poor. You need the ball to nicely nestle in a billowing net, not flying back out like it’s a five a side pitch.
Neptune's Spear
Fresh Alias

Post by Neptune's Spear »

Check out 3:17 to 3:21
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Think some of you need to go for eye tests.
Hawaii Five O
Fresh Alias

Post by Hawaii Five O »

We don't have stanchions anymore.

They replaced the stanchions and the slopped red & white hexagon nets with standard goal posts & plain box nets over the summer.

And as well as destroying something unique in favour of dull, ugly, blandness, it apparently also means the nets are now either nearer the electronic boards or have too much give at the back.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Hawaii Five O wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:20 pm
We don't have stanchions anymore.

They replaced the stanchions and the slopped red & white hexagon nets with standard goal posts & plain box nets over the summer.

And as well as destroying something unique in favour of dull, ugly, blandness, it apparently also means the nets are now either nearer the electronic boards or have too much give at the back.
Be interesting to see if any work is done this week on the goal at the South stand end to stop this happening again.
There’s nothing wrong with my eyesight and it seems others also weren’t sure if the ball went in or not………..thankfully the Referee in this case clearly saw the ball go in and gave the goal, but on another day, who knows.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

BertPP wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:48 am I think it hit the goal horizontal floor bar??
It was definitely the advertising board .