The baby murdering nurse

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: The baby murdering nurse

Post by Dunners »

Burn her!
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Whole report is pretty scathing apparently some people who blew the whistle on her early on had to give her an apology under instruction of the HR department for Harassment.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

The when finally removed from the unit
Letby was assigned to the risk and patient safety office, where she had access to sensitive documents from the neonatal unit and was in close proximity to senior managers whose job it was to investigate her
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

o-no wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:51 pm ...

Pah, the Howard League isn't even a proper league. No relegation or promotion - it's rubbish.
Must be like the US and be all franchised
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Proposition Joe wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:33 pm Found guilty on 7 counts of murder, 6 of attempted murder. Got to be a rare case of a whole life sentence, surely?
Should be hung, end of.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Some of the parents spent many days in court. I don't think I could do that, hearing details of my child's death.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

banqo wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:07 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:33 pm Found guilty on 7 counts of murder, 6 of attempted murder. Got to be a rare case of a whole life sentence, surely?
Should be hung, end of.
Calling for that as a punishment makes you worse than the murderer
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:29 pm
Should be hung, end of.
Let's put her in prison then, or just give her a slap on the wrist. She's an evil bitch who doesn't deserve to live!
CEB

Post by CEB »

Genuinely don’t get why people think a death sentence is more appropriate than life in prison.
She’s not going to have a nice time in there, and there’ll be people in there just waiting for a chance to have a go.

But that’s all by the by. The main thing about this case is the needless horror the families have been put through, and the lives that were taken when they’d barely began. Awful.

A couple of posters might want to revise/delete some earlier posts, too. Really not covered themselves in glory
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

banqo wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:29 pm

Should be hung, end of.
Let's put her in prison then, or just give her a slap on the wrist. She's an evil bitch who doesn't deserve to live!
Being in prison for the rest of her life isn't equivalent to a slap on the wrist.

She didn't have the moral right to take a life and neither do you..
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:36 pm

Being in prison for the rest of her life isn't equivalent to a slap on the wrist.

If she had done that to YOUR baby, would you think the same? I want her DEAD.
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by ContrifibulatoryFred »

Fast forward 15 years and this will be yet another miscarriage of justice campaign.
The evidence does not seem conclusive enough and I think her legal team will eventually undermine it so much that she will be pardoned.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

banqo wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:52 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:36 pm

If she had done that to YOUR baby, would you think the same? I want her DEAD.
Which makes you worse than her.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Captain Tom's daughter is breathing a sigh of relief.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

on panorama all her friends are adamant that she is not guilty
she would never do this.
even though the evidence is so damming.
some people cannot see what's on the end of there nose.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

I think there's a genuine wider problem with people not being able (or perhaps willing) to consider arguments and evidence and being prepared to admit that they were wrong, or that maybe they've been suckered by a psychopath.

We see it in this, Brexit, Trump, Climate change, you name it.

People are so bombarded with views that reflect their own thanks to social media, it's almost as if the skill of being objective has somehow been diminished through lack of use.
Friend or fart
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Friend or fart »

Judith Moritz an excellent BBC reporter gives an excellent account of this trial. Says that Lucy seems on the face of it, an unlikely murderess. She put on a great display on the witness stand, until cross-examined by the Prosecution. She was then mullered, proved to be telling lies & quite quickly went to pieces. But the uncertainty is a great argument against Capital Punishment. Also she needs to be watched, she is suicidal and similar psychos, have had the nous to top themselves when in gaol
CEB

Post by CEB »

I’ve seen experts on this sort of thing saying that actually Letsby fits the profile of a female serial killer very well
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

ContrifibulatoryFred wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:38 pm Fast forward 15 years and this will be yet another miscarriage of justice campaign.
The evidence does not seem conclusive enough and I think her legal team will eventually undermine it so much that she will be pardoned.
Do you think they got the wrong person or that the kids all just injected themselves with insulin?
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

If anybody thinks this evil bitch can be rehabilitated, then you're deluded.
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Friend or faux wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:14 pm Judith Moritz an excellent BBC reporter gives an excellent account of this trial. Says that Lucy seems on the face of it, an unlikely murderess. She put on a great display on the witness stand, until cross-examined by the Prosecution. She was then mullered, proved to be telling lies & quite quickly went to pieces. But the uncertainty is a great argument against Capital Punishment. Also she needs to be watched, she is suicidal and similar psychos, have had the nous to top themselves when in gaol
With a bit of luck if she is suicidal, hope she succeeds!
CEB

Post by CEB »

Nobody has said they think, hope or want rehabilitation for her.
It’s just that those of us who oppose the death penalty do so on principle, and that principle was reached while being aware of what it could mean in practice.

There *is* no appropriate punishment for someone who did what she did. And in fact, even trying to find one would mean brutalising ourselves by being prepared to do it. The best we can do is make sure she is never free again, and to learn what changes can be made in society to give us a better chance of catching the next one early.

Max is wrong to say that wishing death on her makes one “worse”: it’s natural to want retribution. But it’s good that as a society we don’t give in to it.

The best outcome is that she’s never heard of again, and those whose lives she ruined can find peace
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

CEB wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:34 pm Nobody has said they think, hope or want rehabilitation for her.
It’s just that those of us who oppose the death penalty do so on principle, and that principle was reached while being aware of what it could mean in practice.

There *is* no appropriate punishment for someone who did what she did. And in fact, even trying to find one would mean brutalising ourselves by being prepared to do it. The best we can do is make sure she is never free again, and to learn what changes can be made in society to give us a better chance of catching the next one early.

Max is wrong to say that wishing death on her makes one “worse”: it’s natural to want retribution. But it’s good that as a society we don’t give in to it.

The best outcome is that she’s never heard of again, and those whose lives she ruined can find peace
The problem is we never 'learn' from these things. If I was one of those parents, I would want her to die!
CEB

Post by CEB »

Yes, I don’t doubt that I would also want her to die, were I in that position. But people in that position are not the people best placed to decide on how society treats murderers. Her death would not bring them comfort and would not bring back the children. It would also mean that the murderer doesn’t actually experience punishment or imprisonment. Dying is a let off.
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by ContrifibulatoryFred »

Proposition Joe wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:56 pm
ContrifibulatoryFred wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:38 pm Fast forward 15 years and this will be yet another miscarriage of justice campaign.
Do you think they got the wrong person or that the kids all just injected themselves with insulin?
Of course not. I thought the majority of claims involved her injecting air into their blood streams - which seems to be to be a very hard thing to prove beyond reasonable doubt. I just wish there was more of a smoking gun evidence-wise. I wasn’t aware about the insulin aspect so perhaps I’m totally wrong.
She had no previous criminal record and very little in her background and history to suggest that she was capable of killing. Errors can snd do happen in NHS procedures so I do feel that this case could well be re-visited in future on appeal.