Negative Fans

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Negative Fans

Post by Monkey Boy »

Jman wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:04 pm I’m saying the short term criticism of the team’s performances is justified, of course it is, but it’s easy to fall into the trap of overreacting in the grander picture of things
Fair point 🙊
BigDaddyO
Fresh Alias

Post by BigDaddyO »

Max b Gold must be the most negative person I've ever encountered - wonder if he's ever smiled...
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

BigDaddyO wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:51 pm Max b Gold must be the most negative person I've ever encountered - wonder if he's ever smiled...
He might when Labour wins the next general election. I’m also expecting Labour to hammer the SNP as well.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

ContrifibulatoryFred wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:55 am In the main I feel that the majority of criticism levelled at the club ot its players so far this season has been valid.
Of course no one wants witch hunts against certain players or staff. But it’s quite healthy to question some of the decisions being made.
The injury situation is very unfortunate and probably the biggest cause of our poor start. However, there are other factors worthy of discussion and (dare I say) criticism. Our tendency to pretend we don’t have any strikers on the pitch, the long-standing reluctance to attack the opposition goal, our wastefulness from set pieces, the strange decision to put a novice between the sticks, transferring Ogie to Gillingham. These are all examples of areas where I think it is perfectly reasonable and healthy for Os fans to debate.
Despite our injury problems criticising some of our players for not being able to step up to the plate is valid. If they don’t like it it’s up to them to get their act together.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Winchestorfan wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:44 pm To all moaners
Reading some of the comments on this Forum is so depressing. Our new owners have turned the club around from almost guaranteed bankruptcy to League One via two promotions as Champions in the space of six years. They have invested heavily and improved the stadium and fan experience.

Yet some fans clearly think they know better and have no qualms about telling everyone to do with the club where they have gone wrong and just to put more and more money in. Nigel and Kent saved our club, but they also have other interests away from football and how they spend their money is non of your business. Do you really want to join the corrupt Premiership with their ridiculous pay structure and ludicrous ticket charges?

By all means have an opinion, but criticising everything and slagging off players is just plain stupid. Put yourself in their shoes and imagine explaining to your children the negative and often offensive comments against you that can be seen by anyone.

Might I suggest you occasionally think of others and support the club from the stands, appreciate the successes, and thank the owners that you still have a club in E10
Fans allowing owners free reign and not questioning decisions is what caused the club to nearly go under. Nigel and Kent aren’t beyond questioning and criticism. Neither are anyone else at the club. They’ve been at the club for 6 years now, its time to let the past go.

Your post is exactly why Orient have and will always be a tiny club. Such a small time mentality.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

BigDaddyO wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:51 pm Max b Gold must be the most negative person I've ever encountered - wonder if he's ever smiled...
He smiles every time England lose in any sport, especially in football matches. Icing on the cake is if Scotchland beat England at anything, even a Scottish win at tiddlywinks will do as Scottish wins over England are as rare as hen's teeth !
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Probably when he breaks wind😃🙊
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:33 pm
Probably when he breaks wind😃🙊
Especially if an Englishman is a passenger in his cab !
( He says he works as a cab driver )
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

I called it on another thread last week when I predicted we would be doing well to get 3 points from our first 5 fixtures. So far my prediction is holding up well. With 100 bangers on it there's nothing to be negative about.
Winchestorfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchestorfan »

The Reverend wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:03 am You’re not allowed to criticise a football teams performance unless you can personally afford to own the club yourself?

What sort of childish logic is that?

Bizarre
Where do you get that from, certainly not me! Of course everyone is entitled to criticise but personal insults and continuing negative comments are unlikely to encourage youngsters who are doing their best whilst learning their trade, let alone investors and owners who could, at anytime, just walk away. Then what would you suggest we do if they did walk?

No childish logic, rather suggest you read what was said and not make up fairy tales.
Winchestorfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchestorfan »

Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:59 am
Winchestorfan wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:39 am F or F
Why not just take the club over as you have this fantastic ability and insight to achieve utopia. You would then accept criticism, how ever hurtful or untrue, and not worry about the effect on your family or friends. By all means be as arrogant and obnoxious as you wish, after all, we do live in a democracy. Your inept response and comments about reckless defensive howlers, horrendous examples are just that, pathetic and sad, as if issued from a lower part of your anatomy rather than any grey matter you may have.
It’s good to have a different point of view and noticed you don’t post to much personaly I don’t think ForF was being to obnoxious, think he had a point about the games so far but where I disagree with him was the last comment, the club have suffered horrendous injuries which can’t be helped and they’ve been very unlucky however we are all allowed to have an opinion,weather you agree or disagree is up to you but there are some that just love to argue for no apparent reason 🙊
You are correct I don’t post much, as so much of the content on this forum is so very negative. But sometimes very crass statements are made and I too am entitled to my opinion to be more positive.
Neptune's Spear
Fresh Alias

Post by Neptune's Spear »

We're doomed
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Winchestorfan wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:11 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:59 am
Winchestorfan wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:39 am F or F
Why not just take the club over as you have this fantastic ability and insight to achieve utopia. You would then accept criticism, how ever hurtful or untrue, and not worry about the effect on your family or friends. By all means be as arrogant and obnoxious as you wish, after all, we do live in a democracy. Your inept response and comments about reckless defensive howlers, horrendous examples are just that, pathetic and sad, as if issued from a lower part of your anatomy rather than any grey matter you may have.
It’s good to have a different point of view and noticed you don’t post to much personaly I don’t think ForF was being to obnoxious, think he had a point about the games so far but where I disagree with him was the last comment, the club have suffered horrendous injuries which can’t be helped and they’ve been very unlucky however we are all allowed to have an opinion,weather you agree or disagree is up to you but there are some that just love to argue for no apparent reason 🙊
You are correct I don’t post much, as so much of the content on this forum is so very negative. But sometimes very crass statements are made and I too am entitled to my opinion to be more positive.
Yes you are correct 🙊
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Winchestorfan wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:07 pm
The Reverend wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:03 am You’re not allowed to criticise a football teams performance unless you can personally afford to own the club yourself?

Bizarre
Where do you get that from, certainly not me! Of course everyone is entitled to criticise but personal insults and continuing negative comments are unlikely to encourage youngsters who are doing their best whilst learning their trade, let alone investors and owners who could, at anytime, just walk away. Then what would you suggest we do if they did walk?

No childish logic, rather suggest you read what was said and not make up fairy tales.
Reading your tedious whinging was painful enough the first time. Why would I do it again?
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Winchestorfan wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:07 pm

Bizarre

If I may interject,Winchester it’s good you feel you can now post on here but you can’t just post your thoughts and expect no reaction I’m afraid, I personally get some abuse on here but choose who I listen to and who I don’t. Don’t think the Rev was saying anything out of order just a different point of view. Last season was happy days for the club this season will be vastly different unfortunately. Think there’s going to be many different opinions in the days to come but that’s what a forum is all about🙊
DaveDunmore
Fresh Alias

Post by DaveDunmore »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:09 pm
Reading some of the comments on this Forum is so depressing. Our new owners have turned the club around from almost guaranteed bankruptcy to League One via two promotions as Champions in the space of six years. They have invested heavily and improved the stadium and fan experience.

Yet some fans clearly think they know better and have no qualms about telling everyone to do with the club where they have gone wrong and just to put more and more money in. Nigel and Kent saved our club, but they also have other interests away from football and how they spend their money is non of your business. Do you really want to join the corrupt Premiership with their ridiculous pay structure and ludicrous ticket charges?

By all means have an opinion, but criticising everything and slagging off players is just plain stupid. Put yourself in their shoes and imagine explaining to your children the negative and often offensive comments against you that can be seen by anyone.

Might I suggest you occasionally think of others and support the club from the stands, appreciate the successes, and thank the owners that you still have a club in E10
Fans allowing owners free reign and not questioning decisions is what caused the club to nearly go under. Nigel and Kent aren’t beyond questioning and criticism. Neither are anyone else at the club. They’ve been at the club for 6 years now, its time to let the past go.

Your post is exactly why Orient have and will always be a tiny club. Such a small time mentality.
Go and support a big club then , Orient is Orient happy when we win sad when we lose . Unfortunately their are more important things in life , personally I think the small mentality comes from posts like yours
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

DaveDunmore wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:22 am

Go and support a big club then , Orient is Orient happy when we win sad when we lose . Unfortunately their are more important things in life , personally I think the small mentality comes from posts like yours
You think him saying he doesn’t want Orient to get to the Premier League isn’t smalltime?
DaveDunmore
Fresh Alias

Post by DaveDunmore »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:33 am
DaveDunmore wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:22 am

You think him saying he doesn’t want Orient to get to the Premier League isn’t smalltime?
No what he’s saying he likes Orient just the way it is a small London club with players you can talk to and connect with ,when you criticise owners who put millions of their own money in and think they are answerable to the likes of you absolute dipstick
CEB

Post by CEB »

You think owners should be exempt from criticism on the basis of having put money in? Did you only start supporting Orient in 2018?
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

I get why fans are getting nervy but the club - down from owners to management - has a lot of credit in the bank. Criticism of how we're playing or how we're setting up is obviously valid. But some of the stuff around the club not investing enough, Wellens being unable to see shortcomings in our squad or Ling being the root cause of everything wrong with a club that has won two championships in six years - is plain stupid and doesn't seem anchored in reality.

There seems to be this idea that we could ditch 75% of the promotion squad at the drop of the hat, bring in 15 new players all ready to fit our system, and be bossing games immediately. That was never going to happen. We have to adapt gradually within the confines of our finances and contracts we have in place.

The Wellens Orienteer interview was properly excellent and has made me relax a bit more about the dodgy start. He's the best manager I've seen at Orient and he seems very confident about the set up around him.
DaveDunmore
Fresh Alias

Post by DaveDunmore »

CEB wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:34 am You think owners should be exempt from criticism on the basis of having put money in? Did you only start supporting Orient in 2018?
1956 actually, you can criticise all you like but as the old saying goes ( can you do better) if so put your money where your mouth is 💰💰
CEB

Post by CEB »

Once again, you think that the only people who can criticise are those who have the financial resources to run a club?
DaveDunmore
Fresh Alias

Post by DaveDunmore »

CEB wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:48 am Once again, you think that the only people who can criticise are those who have the financial resources to run a club?
Only those with qualifications and experience, which I doubt like myself you don’t have , it’s easy to spend someone else s money
CEB

Post by CEB »

You must have been well angry when all those fans with no qualifications or experience occupied the pitch to protest about the ownership of Beelzebub. Or did you check that they were all billionaires who had previously run clubs first?
DaveDunmore
Fresh Alias

Post by DaveDunmore »

CEB wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:08 pm You must have been well angry when all those fans with no qualifications or experience occupied the pitch to protest about the ownership of Beelzebub. Or did you check that they were all billionaires who had previously run clubs first?
What an idiotic reply