New official media outlet

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New official media outlet

Post by Admin »

The Mindsweep wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:54 am This thread is very confusing. Obviously there is a lot going on that myself and I expect others, don't have any understanding of.
I suppose this is an opportune moment to provide a bit more explanation.

As the Reverend has said above and now seems to be widely known, earlier this year, I was served formal take-down notices from solicitors acting on behalf of Phoenix FM - these related to a number of now deleted posts which Phoenix FM considered to be defamatory.

I'd be obliged if the content of those posts is not speculated upon here for obvious reasons.

Rather than bore everyone to death, the legal process that has to be followed in the event of a notice being served is detailed here. If you're considering posting anything that could be considered defamatory, I'd suggest you have a read of this first.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idance.pdf
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Admin wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:15 pm
The Mindsweep wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:54 am This thread is very confusing. Obviously there is a lot going on that myself and I expect others, don't have any understanding of.

As the Reverend has said above and now seems to be widely known, earlier this year, I was served formal take-down notices from solicitors acting on behalf of Phoenix FM - these related to a number of now deleted posts which Phoenix FM considered to be defamatory.

I'd be obliged if the content of those posts is not speculated upon here for obvious reasons.

Rather than bore everyone to death, the legal process that has to be followed in the event of a notice being served is detailed here. If you're considering posting anything that could be considered defamatory, I'd suggest you have a read of this first.

:lol: :lol:
So a Radio Station with listeners in the low hundreds gets all uptight and self important at a message board with a couple of dozen regular posters.

Are David Brent & Michael Scott involved with them in some capacity
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

The Mindsweep wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:23 pm

So a Radio Station with listeners in the low hundreds gets all uptight and self important at a message board with a couple of dozen regular posters.

Does make you wonder what’s really at stake here, doesn’t it?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

OyinbO wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:01 pm

No.
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

Constanza wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:44 pm I enjoy Orient Hour , its normally an interesting listen.
For someone who has a reputation as a ‘funny’ man, this is your most humorous post yet.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Some good O’s fans on the Orient Hour
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

OyinbO wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:01 pm

It’s interesting to note that a potential outcome of these legal challenges is that the personal details of boarders could be passed on to those who make the complaint.

I’m not making any accusations here but it certainly makes you wonder what the motivation behind the legal challenges are. Could it be that there’s more to if than simply getting some posts removed?

Maybe I’m just being paranoid.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Can details be passed over? Sounds like a wind up to me
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Story of O wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:24 pm Can details be passed over? Sounds like a wind up to me
Yup. If the poster doesn’t give Admin permission to remove the posts I believe he is legally obliged to pass on details so that the complainant can contact the boarder directly.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Believe they'd need a court order. If they had that i think we'd have to pass on any details we hold about you and any offending post. They then may need another court order to get your further details from your isp.

I cant imagine they'd go this far really.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

I think it’s all in your heads
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Long slender neck wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:41 pm Believe they'd need a court order. If they had that i think we'd have to pass on any details we hold about you and any offending post. They then may need another court order to get your further details from your isp.

Thank you for clarifying. So it is possible for admin to be legally obliged to pass on personal details of boarders against their will.

Quite sinister really. Does make you think about the true motivation behind launching threats of legal action of this nature in the first place.

Court orders to get posts removed from a message board seems like extreme lengths to me. Court orders to obtain personal details of people who have annoyed you online, seems a bit more worthwhile if you’re so inclined.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

The Reverend wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:03 pm
Long slender neck wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:41 pm Believe they'd need a court order. If they had that i think we'd have to pass on any details we hold about you and any offending post. They then may need another court order to get your further details from your isp.

Thank you for clarifying. So it is possible for admin to be legally obliged to pass on personal details of boarders against their will.

Quite sinister really. Does make you think about the true motivation behind launching threats of legal action of this nature in the first place.

Court orders to get posts removed from a message board seems like extreme lengths to me. Court orders to obtain personal details of people who have annoyed you online, seems a bit more worthwhile if you’re so inclined.
Everyone knows you are Pastor Jack Glass of Vicars Villa, Church Road, Loughton.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Would never had stood up in court imo. All the posts I saw were factual but maybe I didn’t see everything. Weird way to behave from them really.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:31 pm Would never had stood up in court imo. All the posts I saw were factual but maybe I didn’t see everything. Weird way to behave from them really.
Can somebody post up the legal correspondence so that Spen can give us the definitive legal position and the rest of us barrack room lawyers can squeeze some Bantz out of a serious situation.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Story of O wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:42 pm I think it’s all in your heads
Sounds like some real legal expertise.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

If you search on Google you can listen to at least 1 episode of “The Orient Hour” which is currently (at the time of writing - 17:08/23) on the Pheonix FM website where one of the guest hosts is a man who is currently serving a prison sentence for committing a lifelong brain injury on another person during violence after a Leyton Orient match.

I don’t know if Pheonix FM have simply neglected to remove this recording or if they have kept it up intentionally.

Either way, I wonder if the club are happy to be officially associated with a radio station which has associated itself with such people in the past and has not removed the content?
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Admin wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:15 pm ....