Negative Fans

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Winchestorfan
Fresh Alias

Negative Fans

Post by Winchestorfan »

To all moaners
Reading some of the comments on this Forum is so depressing. Our new owners have turned the club around from almost guaranteed bankruptcy to League One via two promotions as Champions in the space of six years. They have invested heavily and improved the stadium and fan experience.

Yet some fans clearly think they know better and have no qualms about telling everyone to do with the club where they have gone wrong and just to put more and more money in. Nigel and Kent saved our club, but they also have other interests away from football and how they spend their money is non of your business. Do you really want to join the corrupt Premiership with their ridiculous pay structure and ludicrous ticket charges?

By all means have an opinion, but criticising everything and slagging off players is just plain stupid. Put yourself in their shoes and imagine explaining to your children the negative and often offensive comments against you that can be seen by anyone.

Might I suggest you occasionally think of others and support the club from the stands, appreciate the successes, and thank the owners that you still have a club in E10
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Negative Fans

Post by BIGRON »

Well said sir 👍👍
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Freedom of speach the team plays well there is praise.The team plays poorly there is criticism.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Nigel ain’t gonna shag you, mate
Fellowo
Fresh Alias

Post by Fellowo »

Winchestorfan wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:44 pm To all moaners
Reading some of the comments on this Forum is so depressing. Our new owners have turned the club around from almost guaranteed bankruptcy to League One via two promotions as Champions in the space of six years. They have invested heavily and improved the stadium and fan experience.

Yet some fans clearly think they know better and have no qualms about telling everyone to do with the club where they have gone wrong and just to put more and more money in. Nigel and Kent saved our club, but they also have other interests away from football and how they spend their money is non of your business. Do you really want to join the corrupt Premiership with their ridiculous pay structure and ludicrous ticket charges?

By all means have an opinion, but criticising everything and slagging off players is just plain stupid. Put yourself in their shoes and imagine explaining to your children the negative and often offensive comments against you that can be seen by anyone.

Might I suggest you occasionally think of others and support the club from the stands, appreciate the successes, and thank the owners that you still have a club in E10
Well said, but wasting your time with most of this lot and expect numerous immature comments that have already started.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

It’s a forum, you have to live with the comments on here like I have to,and learn to just ignore them just like I do🙈
Friend or fart
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Friend or fart »

So what we supposed to say? We lost the first 3 games after 3 pretty inept performances. The last one was an improvement, but still some reckless defensive howlers. All due to issues that have been obvious for many weeks. The management team set an horrendous example to players & fans alike by getting red carded. Ok to please the Micawbers- " Well done team Orient on your spiffing start to League 1!"
Winchestorfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchestorfan »

F or F
Why not just take the club over as you have this fantastic ability and insight to achieve utopia. You would then accept criticism, how ever hurtful or untrue, and not worry about the effect on your family or friends. By all means be as arrogant and obnoxious as you wish, after all, we do live in a democracy. Your inept response and comments about reckless defensive howlers, horrendous examples are just that, pathetic and sad, as if issued from a lower part of your anatomy rather than any grey matter you may have.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Winchestorfan wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:39 am F or F
Why not just take the club over as you have this fantastic ability and insight to achieve utopia. You would then accept criticism, how ever hurtful or untrue, and not worry about the effect on your family or friends. By all means be as arrogant and obnoxious as you wish, after all, we do live in a democracy. Your inept response and comments about reckless defensive howlers, horrendous examples are just that, pathetic and sad, as if issued from a lower part of your anatomy rather than any grey matter you may have.
It’s good to have a different point of view and noticed you don’t post to much personaly I don’t think ForF was being to obnoxious, think he had a point about the games so far but where I disagree with him was the last comment, the club have suffered horrendous injuries which can’t be helped and they’ve been very unlucky however we are all allowed to have an opinion,weather you agree or disagree is up to you but there are some that just love to argue for no apparent reason 🙊
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

You’re not allowed to criticise a football teams performance unless you can personally afford to own the club yourself?

What sort of childish logic is that?

Bizarre
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Same old, same old.......What's happened in the past is past, gone. Everyone is still very much appreciative of our owners and what they have done for our club so I don't know what your yarping on about there ? Criticism is part of the game, what do you expect ? We've opened the season with four defeats on the trot..
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:12 am

Same old, same old.......What's happened in the past is past, gone. Everyone is still very much appreciative of our owners and what they have done for our club so I don't know what your yarping on about there ? Criticism is part of the game, what do you expect ? We've opened the season with four defeats on the trot..
Cheer up, it will soon he 5 on the trot.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Perish the thought some people want to talk about the football and yes when you lose (and lose badly) that discussion won't be sunshine and rainbows. If some people had their way there would be no sports pages in the paper, no pundits, just clapping and singing.

Along that 6 year plan the owners did need some pressure from fans along the way to change direction or we'd still be watching Embleton in the lower echelons of League 2.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

gshaw wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:36 am Perish the thought some people want to talk about the football and yes when you lose (and lose badly) that discussion won't be sunshine and rainbows. If some people had their way there would be no sports pages in the paper, no pundits, just clapping and singing.

Along that 6 year plan the owners did need some pressure from fans along the way to change direction or we'd still be watching Embleton in the lower echelons of League 2.
Let's be honest the owners have made some horrendous decisions around appointing managers.

Wellens isn't one of them yet but sometimes managers can't get a tune out of a set of players and need to be moved on. Not saying that time has come but we are headed in that direction at the moment.
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by ContrifibulatoryFred »

In the main I feel that the majority of criticism levelled at the club ot its players so far this season has been valid.
Of course no one wants witch hunts against certain players or staff. But it’s quite healthy to question some of the decisions being made.
The injury situation is very unfortunate and probably the biggest cause of our poor start. However, there are other factors worthy of discussion and (dare I say) criticism. Our tendency to pretend we don’t have any strikers on the pitch, the long-standing reluctance to attack the opposition goal, our wastefulness from set pieces, the strange decision to put a novice between the sticks, transferring Ogie to Gillingham. These are all examples of areas where I think it is perfectly reasonable and healthy for Os fans to debate.
Last edited by ContrifibulatoryFred on Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:40 am
Wellens isn't one of them yet but sometimes managers can't get a tune out of a set of players and need to be moved on. Not saying that time has come but we are headed in that direction at the moment.
I don't think we're anywhere near that point despite the poor start and one thing I hope the fanbase does have in common is faith in RW.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

gshaw wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:56 am
I don't think we're anywhere near that point despite the poor start and one thing I hope the fanbase does have in common is faith in RW.
Some good points on here by several people,not going to criticise the club to much after all we did well last season and the fixtures have been unkind but Richie has found it hard in this league before with different teams. Because of the way we played last season doesn’t mean we can play the same this one. He has to address certain problems within the set up and be prepared to change track,being formation or the style of play. I’m sure he will. But one thing is sure if we don’t get points on the board soon the moral and confidence will have evaporated and then we really will be in the brown stuff,fact🙈
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Absolutely but I think its fair to say two or three of our players need to start pulling their finger out .
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:07 am
Some good points on here by several people,not going to criticise the club to much after all we did well last season and the fixtures have been unkind but Richie has found it hard in this league before with different teams. Because of the way we played last season doesn’t mean we can play the same this one. He has to address certain problems within the set up and be prepared to change track,being formation or the style of play. I’m sure he will. But one thing is sure if we don’t get points on the board soon the moral and confidence will have evaporated and then we really will be in the brown stuff,fact🙈
When and if the injured players are all back fit and well, along with the recent additions of loan forward Shaq Forde and if true QPR forward Charlie Kelman on a two year permanent deal, well we will be standing room only for the large amount of midfielders and forwards on the books, yet wonder why the cupboard is so bare when it comes to spare defenders, especially central defenders, especially being as the unfortunate Thompson seems to be rarely available due to being injured.
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

I hope so too, but some berk has already started a thread called "Wellens gone by Xmas" and I've seen comments elsewhere about his ability to manage in league one. Absolutely idiotic, especially after 3 league games.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Yes, but just to clarify.. Three league games, 3 defeats. And 3 league games, plus 1 Cup game equals 4 competitive games played, and which in turn equals 4 defeats.
Oh, and I forgot. And a player sent off. And our manager and assistant manager also sent off.
Last edited by Chief crazy horse on Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

LittleMate wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:36 am
I hope so too, but some berk has already started a thread called "Wellens gone by Xmas" and I've seen comments elsewhere about his ability to manage in league one. Absolutely idiotic, especially after 3 league games.
Not worried about the first three games littlemate especially after the last game which incidentally I thought we should have won,just concerned about the confidence in the side, if Richie does go it will not be sacked it will be his own decision I think? I’ve said all along the first 6/8 games will be tough. Think we will know by about 12 how the season will pan out🙊
Jman
Fresh Alias

Post by Jman »

Poor start in a harder league but there are so many mitigating factors to this.

- Very tough start on paper, including a terrible away cup draw against a much stronger side, that only served to dent confidence. Very long journey there and back.
- Lost arguably 2 best players last season, got replacements in for them both, only for both to then start season injured.
- Outside of the above, enormous injury list that just keeps growing.
- Well in the game at Wycombe, only for a red card to completely derail us.

Sure, it's not been good enough but the Opening Post is spot on. We're one of the best run clubs in the league and the way the ownership has turned the Orient ship around in 6 years is incredible. It's not always going to be rosy and criticisms are fair and just, but a couple of August results after a wonderful promotion shouldn't scupper the bigger picture.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Jman wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:44 pm Poor start in a harder league but there are so many mitigating factors to this.

- Very tough start on paper, including a terrible away cup draw against a much stronger side, that only served to dent confidence. Very long journey there and back.
- Lost arguably 2 best players last season, got replacements in for them both, only for both to then start season injured.
- Outside of the above, enormous injury list that just keeps growing.
- Well in the game at Wycombe, only for a red card to completely derail us.

Sure, it's not been good enough but the Opening Post is spot on. We're one of the best run clubs in the league and the way the ownership has turned the Orient ship around in 6 years is incredible. It's not always going to be rosy and criticisms are fair and just, but a couple of August results after a wonderful promotion shouldn't scupper the bigger picture.
Not quite sure where you’re coming from on this one. One minute you’re agreeing with the original post the next your saying the criticism is justified?🙊
Jman
Fresh Alias

Post by Jman »

I’m saying the short term criticism of the team’s performances is justified, of course it is, but it’s easy to fall into the trap of overreacting in the grander picture of things