Ed Turns

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Ed Turns

Post by Stan1972 »

Max Fowler wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:51 am
Stan1972 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:19 pm I watched the whole game, and you obviously didn’t, as you are only picking up on what you have watched on the highlights, the rest of the game he did well.
This tour v Premiership players will only make Turns stronger, which we will reap the benefits this season.
I shouldn’t think playing for Brighton v Premiership players in USA 🇺🇸 has knocked Turns confidence, i would say the opposite.
What would have knocked his confidence, was playing for us yesterday at Colchester, not playing for Brighton v Newcastle.
Totally agreed that, normally, playing alongside and against better players will make someone a better player.

But - from the highlights I saw - he looked so far out of his depth, it wouldn't have been beneficial. He's cost them 3 goals in 50 minutes of football, and if it wasn't for some poor finishing and a bit of luck on his part, that could have been 5 or 6.

Taking him along on the tour for the experience was a good idea, but I don't think Brighton have done him any favours by giving him as much game time as they did.
Not sure what game you were watching, your comments are extremely harsh, especially to say he cost them 3 goals, and it could have been 5 or 6 🤔
Seriously did you watch the match?
The tour was a fantastic opportunity and experience for Ed he will def grow and improve as a player from his experience, good and bad.

But for now, lets agree to disagree, as I don’t want this turning into a tennis match between our opinions.
Looking forward to welcoming Ed as a red today 💪🏻
:lofc: :lofc:
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Don't worry Stan, along with "Drinan is better than Pele", Turns being rubbish and at fault for every goal anyone concedes is just his thing.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:18 am Don't worry Stan, along with "Drinan is better than Pele", Turns being rubbish and at fault for every goal anyone concedes is just his thing.
Yes, thinking that Drinnan is a perfectly serviceable top end of L2 front man who can do the dirty work that allows the creative 3 behind him to thrive, bagging himself a few goals in the process, and will be ok as cover at L1 level, is exactly the same thing as thinking he's better than Pele.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Stan1972 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:00 am
Max Fowler wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:51 am
Stan1972 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:19 pm I watched the whole game, and you obviously didn’t, as you are only picking up on what you have watched on the highlights, the rest of the game he did well.
This tour v Premiership players will only make Turns stronger, which we will reap the benefits this season.
I shouldn’t think playing for Brighton v Premiership players in USA 🇺🇸 has knocked Turns confidence, i would say the opposite.
What would have knocked his confidence, was playing for us yesterday at Colchester, not playing for Brighton v Newcastle.
Totally agreed that, normally, playing alongside and against better players will make someone a better player.

But - from the highlights I saw - he looked so far out of his depth, it wouldn't have been beneficial. He's cost them 3 goals in 50 minutes of football, and if it wasn't for some poor finishing and a bit of luck on his part, that could have been 5 or 6.

Taking him along on the tour for the experience was a good idea, but I don't think Brighton have done him any favours by giving him as much game time as they did.
Not sure what game you were watching, your comments are extremely harsh, especially to say he cost them 3 goals, and it could have been 5 or 6 🤔
Seriously did you watch the match?
The tour was a fantastic opportunity and experience for Ed he will def grow and improve as a player from his experience, good and bad.

But for now, lets agree to disagree, as I don’t want this turning into a tennis match between our opinions.
Looking forward to welcoming Ed as a red today 💪🏻
:lofc: :lofc:
I've stated above I only watched the highlights on-line and also note I'm talking about the 50 minutes he played across both games v Brentford and Newcastle.

Fingers crossed you're right and I'm wrong for the coming season.