Signings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Signings

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Alabi scored 2 goals in the NL last year. Him getting 5 in this league is laughable.

Was the wrong choice of sub yesterday and I think it was Ross going heart over head. Tbf to the lad, he didnt do badly but his hold up play in the last 5 minutes was laughable. Ross and Webb were both shaking their heads when he tried to hold it in the corner and lost it within 2 seconds.
Newtonian
Fresh Alias

Post by Newtonian »

Lucky7 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:38 pm
Newtonian wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:32 pm
Lucky7 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:29 pm

Another one, who takes snips at other users without ever commitimg to anything themselves.

You have me down as 2 people then?

I’ve always wanted to be a plural
Thanks👍
Whatever, loser.

I’m here to talk football, not perry arguments with message board keyboard warriors.

At least Prestige Worldwide just put his neck on the line. Good for him.

Until you decide you want to use a Leyton Orient message board to talk about Orient or football in general (rather than using it as a platform to wind up people from the safety of a keyboard) then don’t bother responding to me.
You want to talk football?
So you think your ever so self importance negative posts re Alabi and Harrold is talking football do you?
And you didn’t know Dennis is a striker
And your calling everybody else keyboard warriors
You remind me of that guy who was allegedly in the Orient dressing room with his kid the day we won the NL
You do know what the NL is right

I’ve seen more oomph in a sherbet dib dab
“Blah Blah Blah, I’m so much better than you. Blah blah I’ll demonstrate this by sh*t talking on a Leyton Orient message board”

1 part sad, 1 part amusing.

I suppose it’s cheaper than therapy for you.

Loser.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

13 posts Isaac

12 of them attacking people

And I’m the loser and need therapy😂😂😂😂
Newtonian
Fresh Alias

Post by Newtonian »

Lucky7 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:02 pm 13 posts Isaac

Never have any actual opinions, predictions or assessments of your own. Just have a pop at other people.

You just sit there waiting to pounce on people who are willing to make a statement.

Really pathetic behaviour.

I may not always be right. So what? At least I don’t sit around waiting to denigrate other people.

You’re an absolute loser.

I bet you wouldn’t put your neck on the line and make a specific prediction about Alabi like Presige Worldwide had the guts to do. I might not agree with him, but fair play to him for making a statement.

You give it the big one from behind a keyboard, bullying message board members, but I bet you’re a shy little dork in real life.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

14 posts

13 of them attacking boarders players etc

Is this the new 1 Million thread but counting upwards?

My neck on the line for a prediction😂😂😂😂😂

Keep chomping at the bit Isaac who knows you might win an apple
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Esteban?
O my gawd
Fresh Alias

Post by O my gawd »

Newtonian wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:49 pm
O my gawd wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:23 pm
Newtonian wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:24 pm We absolutely need another back-up striker.

Alabi is a joke and Harrold really can’t do a job for more than 20 mins.

If Wilkinson or Angol get injured we’re in serious trouble. Starting Alabi up front in league 2 is embarrassing.
Here we go another 🤡
If Wilkinson or Angol get injured we've got Dennis. Didn't Harrold fill in last season & get important goals? Ruel Sotiriou has looked lively over pre-season & then we have Alabi. Yes he's bit marmite but he has shown an intent to do well over pre-season & in all honesty he's done pretty well. Of course it remains to be seen if he will score goals in League 2, but if I was a tiring defender, I wouldn't fancy him running at me.
I’m a clown for having a different opinion to you?

Some right sad bell ends on this message board.

Can’t make a point without having to insult somebody.

Do one. If you think that a player like Alabi is fit for a league 2 team than the only clown here is you.
I would say it's having knowledge of our team & players, like knowing what positions our new signing can play. Re: Alabi, I'm not his biggest fan, but I respect the fact that he's a better player than I ever was & he has had a half decent pre season.
This time last year everyone had it in for Clay & look how he turned it around. Alabi is staying around May as well give him a 2nd chance to come good.
O my gawd
Fresh Alias

Post by O my gawd »

Lucky7 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:02 pm 13 posts Isaac

Do you think it's Distorted with a new log in?
Newtonian
Fresh Alias

Post by Newtonian »

O my gawd wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:54 pm

Here we go another 🤡
If Wilkinson or Angol get injured we've got Dennis. Didn't Harrold fill in last season & get important goals? Ruel Sotiriou has looked lively over pre-season & then we have Alabi. Yes he's bit marmite but he has shown an intent to do well over pre-season & in all honesty he's done pretty well. Of course it remains to be seen if he will score goals in League 2, but if I was a tiring defender, I wouldn't fancy him running at me.

Do one. If you think that a player like Alabi is fit for a league 2 team than the only clown here is you.
I would say it's having knowledge of our team & players, like knowing what positions our new signing can play. Re: Alabi, I'm not his biggest fan, but I respect the fact that he's a better player than I ever was & he has had a half decent pre season.
This time last year everyone had it in for Clay & look how he turned it around. Alabi is staying around May as well give him a 2nd chance to come good.
Fair enough with Dennis. I really didn’t know enough about him. My bad.

As for Alabi decent pre-season. You mean scoring a goal or two against pub teams? Come on, the bloke is laughable, and belongs nowhere near a league 2 team.

I’ve already had one boarder confirming that he reckons Alabi will get 5 goals for Orient in league 2 this season. Will you commit to the same?

Bare in mind, this is a bloke who scored two goals in the conference last season.

Finally, sorry for coming on a bit strong. There really are some bell ends on this message board. I don’t think you are one based on your decent response. But don’t call me a clown immediately. That’s just not cool.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:50 pm Alabi scored 2 goals in the NL last year. Him getting 5 in this league is laughable.

Was the wrong choice of sub yesterday and I think it was Ross going heart over head. Tbf to the lad, he didnt do badly but his hold up play in the last 5 minutes was laughable. Ross and Webb were both shaking their heads when he tried to hold it in the corner and lost it within 2 seconds.
Well considering it was Embleton who told Alabi and co to go to the corner flag then should we slap him down as well ?
1st game of the season we win and some of you still find something to gripe about

Ffs Ling
Newtonian
Fresh Alias

Post by Newtonian »

Lucky7 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:31 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:50 pm Alabi scored 2 goals in the NL last year. Him getting 5 in this league is laughable.

Well considering it was Embleton who told Alabi and co to go to the corner flag then should we slap him down as well ?
1st game of the season we win and some of you still find something to gripe about

Ffs Ling
Are you willing to go on record and say that you believe that Alabi will score 5 goals or more for Orient in League two this season (19/20)?

Let’s get this in writing.

All too easy having a pop at anyone who points out how obviously Alabi is out of his depth at this level but I want to see you actually put yourself behind a prediction. I bet you won’t. Keyboard warrior.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Newtonian wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:36 pm

Ffs Ling
Are you willing to go on record and say that you believe that Alabi will score 5 goals or more for Orient in League two this season (19/20)?

All too easy having a pop at anyone who points out how obviously Alabi is out of his depth at this level but I want to see you actually put yourself behind a prediction. I bet you won’t. Keyboard warrior.
[/

What a Richard

Wants it in writing😂😂😂😂

Are you one of those no win no fees set ups

Didn’t know Dennis was a Striker hasn’t even mentioned Sotiriou just solely concentrated on a hatred for Alabi it might have missed your ignorance but Angol and Wilkinson failed to get on the score sheet yesterday should we bench them next game and put Ling and Widdowson up front?
Whoever called you a clown 🤡 where bang on the money
What your name in Spanish again

Oh yeah

Juan Kerr
Newtonian
Fresh Alias

Post by Newtonian »

Lucky7 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:52 pm
Newtonian wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:36 pm

Ffs Ling

[/

What a Richard

Wants it in writing😂😂😂😂

Are you one of those no win no fees set ups

Didn’t know Dennis was a Striker hasn’t even mentioned Sotiriou just solely concentrated on a hatred for Alabi it might have missed your ignorance but Angol and Wilkinson failed to get on the score sheet yesterday should we bench them next game and put Ling and Widdowson up front?
Whoever called you a clown 🤡 where bang on the money
What your name in Spanish again

Oh yeah

Juan Kerr
Loads of abuse, not a word of commitment.

What a joke.

Did your therapist tell you that it’s easier to criticise others than making statements of your own?

“Blah Blah Dennis, Blah Blah ignoring my question about Alabi”

So come on then, how many goals will Alabi score for Orient in League two this season (19/20). I reckon less than 5. Will you commit to more than 5 Mr Keyboard Warrior? I bet not.

Wimp.
HARVEY T DENTON
Fresh Alias

Post by HARVEY T DENTON »

You've rushed this personna.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Newtonian wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:24 pm We absolutely need another back-up striker.

Alabi is a joke and Harrold really can’t do a job for more than 20 mins.

If Wilkinson or Angol get injured we’re in serious trouble. Starting Alabi up front in league 2 is embarrassing.
Here we go another 🤡

Heah calm down fellow your defending an attack that wasn't there
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:01 pm Alabi came on and almost scored twice.
In your dreams mate, what game where you watching?
O my gawd
Fresh Alias

Post by O my gawd »

Newtonian wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:12 pm

As for Alabi decent pre-season. You mean scoring a goal or two against pub teams? Come on, the bloke is laughable, and belongs nowhere near a league 2 team.

I’ve already had one boarder confirming that he reckons Alabi will get 5 goals for Orient in league 2 this season. Will you commit to the same?

Bare in mind, this is a bloke who scored two goals in the conference last season.

Finally, sorry for coming on a bit strong. There really are some bell ends on this message board. I don’t think you are one based on your decent response. But don’t call me a clown immediately. That’s just not cool.
OK apologies for my initial response. Will I commit to Alabi scoring 5 goals?
No chance 😂😂😂
Not because I don't believe he would score them, but because he is probably 5th or 6th choice & won't get many opportunities. Think he has something to offer as a impact player
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Newtonian wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:12 pm

Common sense, peace is breaking out, well done fellows
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Ffs Ling
Exactly, thats why they were shaking their head. They told him to take it to the corner, and i'm just guessing here, to hold the ball up. He lost it within 2 seconds.

Harrold would have had that ball down there for 45 seconds and then wont free kick.
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

I can’t recall who was having the free kick on the edge of their box, but he turned and asked Embleton what he should do several times before he was told to get it to the corner flag. A ridiculous decision , they had 9 men, we had players spare on the edge of the box and a goal scoring opportunity. I’ve yet to see us retaining possession when we think we are Barcelona and try to waste time by the corner flag. Again later on we had a 2 on one chance on the same side just outside their box and Alabi acting on orders chose to take it to the corner where he again lost possession.
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

It was Ling
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I agree Alabi was the wrong choice of sub . Ross should have brought Harrold on instead.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Unfortunately that was heart over head, unless Harrold had a knock we dont know about.

Ross will learn from that, hopefully.
Newtonian
Fresh Alias

Post by Newtonian »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:33 am Unfortunately that was heart over head, unless Harrold had a knock we dont know about.

Ross will learn from that, hopefully.
Hopefully Ross will learn that Alabi belongs on the bench...of a National League South team.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

I reckon it was an attempt to help the lad in a low-risk situation. If he could nab a goal against 9 men, that might just give his confidence a boost. But, IMO confidence isn't really the issue with him, it's ability.