Air Fryers

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Air Fryers

Post by BIGRON »

The missus keeps on about getting one cos she's heard they are excellent , anyone on here got experience with them and are they as good as people say they are 🤔🤔
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Air Fryers

Post by Max Fowler »

Yes they are. There's one on offer in Lidl at the moment, go and grab it.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

We have one, and use it occasionally. It may be that I'm not doing it right, but I'm not sure I get all the fuss. It's just another cooking device which we sometimes use if we cannot be bothered using an oven or frying pan.
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

Dunners wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:06 am We have one, and use it occasionally. It may be that I'm not doing it right, but I'm not sure I get all the fuss. It's just another cooking device which we sometimes use if we cannot be bothered using an oven or frying pan.
Spot on!
WickfordO
Fresh Alias

Post by WickfordO »

Dunners wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:06 am We have one, and use it occasionally. It may be that I'm not doing it right, but I'm not sure I get all the fuss. It's just another cooking device which we sometimes use if we cannot be bothered using an oven or frying pan.
Ditto.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

An airfryer is basically a fast fan oven.

It is good. I have one, and rarely use my conventional oven since getting the air fryer.

A couple of things to think about

1. Where are you going to use it? - They get very hot, so may not be suitable to use under wall units, especially if wall units are relatively low.

2. Where are you going to store it? As said above they get hot, so cannot be put away immediately after use. You need to let them cool down

Are they useful? - Yes

Are they essential / life changing? - No
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

WickfordO wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:19 am
Ditto.
I have one but don’t know about anyone else but if it ain’t out on show we don’t use it because it’s in the cupboard and we can’t be bothered to keep getting it out🤷‍♀️🙊
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

I had a Wilko one and far more convenient to use with and easier to clean ( with a kitchen towel ) and get out non stick basket than the present one made by TOWER which has a removable tray at the bottom which is supposed to be non stick but in fact everything seems to stick to it resulting in having to be soaked and washed every time I use it.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

I find they are very useful now that we only cook for two.

I'm also saving up for the new edition of the George Foreman Grill. Once purchased I will continue to save so that I can purchase the next heavily marketed electronic cooking gadget.
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

They are good the Ninja range I’d say is the best , but more expensive.
RealLoughtonO
Fresh Alias

Post by RealLoughtonO »

Got a ninja, dual thingy, have to say it's excellent.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

At the spritely age of 67 I've not got around to using an oven or a frying pan, wife thinks I'm incapable. However I can manage a toaster, microwave, and an air fryer. I use the air fryer to do myself fish and chips, cooking oil not required, so a god send for me. Wife also tells me its healthier. That said you can't beat fish and chips from the fish and chip shop.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:48 am At the spritely age of 67 I've not got around to using an oven or a frying pan, wife thinks I'm incapable. However I can manage a toaster, microwave, and an air fryer. I use the air fryer to do myself fish and chips, cooking oil not required, so a god send for me. Wife also tells me its healthier. That said you can't beat fish and chips from the fish and chip shop.
Fried in beef dripping I assume. Not the healthy veg oils.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:58 am
Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:48 am At the spritely age of 67 I've not got around to using an oven or a frying pan, wife thinks I'm incapable. However I can manage a toaster, microwave, and an air fryer. I use the air fryer to do myself fish and chips, cooking oil not required, so a god send for me. Wife also tells me its healthier. That said you can't beat fish and chips from the fish and chip shop.
Fried in beef dripping I assume. Not the healthy veg oils.
No straight out the breaded/battered box. Breaded more suitable for an air fryer IMHO. Nothing in the air fryer other than the fish and chips.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Cook well, cook quicker, cook with less oil/fat, cook cheaper (most of the time) - think they're great. Plus you're helping to save the planet!
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

We've got a Philips one, it's excellent. Tried cheaper ones and they were rubbish. I reckon we use it 4 or 5 times a week. Particularly convenient for kids dinners
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Adz wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:25 pm We've got a Philips one, it's excellent. Tried cheaper ones and they were rubbish. I reckon we use it 4 or 5 times a week. Particularly convenient for kids dinners
You must have a bigger airfryer than me- I have never managed to get a whole kid in mine
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

BIGRON wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:03 am The missus keeps on about getting one cos she's heard they are excellent , anyone on here got experience with them and are they as good as people say they are 🤔🤔
They are Excellent Ron……..We have the Ninja one with Two drawers which costs a bit more that the single one but is well worth paying the difference…….you can cook stuff so much quicker than a conventional oven, we wouldn’t be without ours.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Unbelievable!!

A big box arrived today. Turns out Mrs Eva Gold has invested in a two drawer Ninja air fryer. I was not consulted on this purchase and diplomatic relations have ceased for now.

I accept the Tower one we have is a bit rubbish. Lets see how this new 2 drawer b*stard fryer cooks the grub.
Captain Zep
Fresh Alias

Post by Captain Zep »

I took it camping last year and did a full roast dinner with it. Game changer. Also quick and cheap if you just want to cook a couple of fish fingers.
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

Takes up too much space too.
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

BoniO wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:22 pm Cook well, cook quicker, cook with less oil/fat, cook cheaper (most of the time) - think they're great. Plus you're helping to save the planet!
So, a real case of ‘just stop oil’. 😏
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

Will never replace the Fat Fryer.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

I'm a big fan of our Air Fryer.

Haven't needed to clean the oven for the last year, as it only gets used for baking bread and closed pot stews nowadays.

I'd been concerned before that it'd be yet another kitchen gadget taking up space on the worktop and not really being used. We now use the thing just about every day. Frozen croissants freshly baked for breakfast in just over 15 minutes. Roast chicken tonight (and it really roasts a chicken beautifully).

Highly recommended.
Constanza
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Constanza »

Haven't got one but space saving tip from my friend- he keeps his in the oven.