Argument thread

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: Argument thread

Post by tuffers#1 »

Has to be the worst thing in Football ,
My 2nd team is......,

Bet these f#ckers dont even eat Scon/e's !!
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

Frogger wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:07 pm
Mike pinner wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:36 pm
Frogger wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:53 pm I thought it maybe a good idea to start a thread specifically designed for arguments and name calling. That way we can get straight to it rather than reading 10-15 posts before we get to the good bits.

So let’s get the ball rolling. Scones should always start with cream at the bottom then the jam, anyone who says different is an idiot.
Having just come back from Cornwall I have to say you might get away with this in Devon but suggesting cream before jam is a hanging offence in Newquay 😳
What do the Cornish know about Scones? Cream then jam. Cornish people only know about pasties and tin.

Secondly people that have second football clubs are the worst kind of human. They should be ashamed of themselves.
1. Evidence?
2. Why? Although banning second clubbers from here would mean that only the three of the six could post.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Seems to be largely "Scon" up here too. Tattie Scon, Dropped Scon, Buttermilk Scon, Cheese Scon, Fruit Scon.

I will say, however, that I used to be a Jam first, then Clotty Cream, but today I did it the other way round and found it much easier to spread the cream like butter on the halved scons and then drop teaspoonfuls of jam atop that. So well done internet, you've actually changed someone's mind on something.
WickfordO
Fresh Alias

Post by WickfordO »

StillSpike wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:56 pm Seems to be largely "Scon" up here too. Tattie Scon, Dropped Scon, Buttermilk Scon, Cheese Scon, Fruit Scon.

I will say, however, that I used to be a Jam first, then Clotty Cream, but today I did it the other way round and found it much easier to spread the cream like butter on the halved scons and then drop teaspoonfuls of jam atop that. So well done internet, you've actually changed someone's mind on something.
That's the way I have always done it. Less messier.
WickfordO
Fresh Alias

Post by WickfordO »

WickfordO wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:17 pm
StillSpike wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:56 pm Seems to be largely "Scon" up here too. Tattie Scon, Dropped Scon, Buttermilk Scon, Cheese Scon, Fruit Scon.

That's the way I have always done it. Less messier.
Us proper Eastenders call them scones, only posh knobheads cal them scons.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

I think it might be quite interesting to see the result if you called the residents of Kirkcaldy "posh"
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

Frogger wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:07 pm
Mike pinner wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:36 pm
Frogger wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:53 pm I thought it maybe a good idea to start a thread specifically designed for arguments and name calling. That way we can get straight to it rather than reading 10-15 posts before we get to the good bits.

So let’s get the ball rolling. Scones should always start with cream at the bottom then the jam, anyone who says different is an idiot.
Having just come back from Cornwall I have to say you might get away with this in Devon but suggesting cream before jam is a hanging offence in Newquay 😳
What do the Cornish know about Scones? Cream then jam. Cornish people only know about pasties and tin.
Ok, who here remembers The Bunfight at the OK Tearoom?
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

Paul Smyth- massively overrated….
WickfordO
Fresh Alias

Post by WickfordO »

StillSpike wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:26 pm I think it might be quite interesting to see the result if you called the residents of Kirkcaldy "posh"
Perhaps outwardly they like to show they're hardarsed but inwardly they probably think they're posh.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

WickfordO wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:12 pm
StillSpike wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:26 pm I think it might be quite interesting to see the result if you called the residents of Kirkcaldy "posh"
Perhaps outwardly they like to show they're hardarsed but inwardly they probably think they're posh.
Well, Cowdenbeath is just down the road, so you may have a point.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

If I was Education Minister, this is how the alphabet would be taught in all schools.

Holybourne Identity
Fresh Alias

Post by Holybourne Identity »

My second team is Leyton Orient.

I pronounce it scone, when it needs to be said. I don't imagine it arises more than a couple of times a year.
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

Scones or scons, it doesn't matter to me, l just eat them with no butter, cream or jam, it's just the way l prefer them. Only the fruit ones though, don't like the plain ones.
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

Chicken Dhansak wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:27 pm Scones or scons, it doesn't matter to me, l just eat them with no butter, cream or jam, it's just the way l prefer them. Only the fruit ones though, don't like the plain ones.
How barbaric. No cream or Jam? It’s a crime to eat a scone without them.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

No. Eating a fruit scone without anything on it is perfectly okay. But I prefer to eat them with just butter and jam. And I prefer raspberry to strawberry jam too. No need for any of that cream nonsense.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Putting butter, jam AND cream on a skon is the epitome of lazy over consumption by the vile and easily despised bourgeoisie
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

What is a skon? Is this a Nordic delicacy?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Frogger wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:46 pm What is a skon? Is this a Nordic delicacy?
Phonetics to clearly signal which side I am on in the pronunciation debate. Thick tosser.
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

You fool, it’s either Scone or scon. Skon is Swedish for shoe, by all means feel free to eat your shoes, Dullard.
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

Ethan Galbraith how is his surname pronounced?? It’s clearly Gawlbraith and not Gaalbraith. Only scum choose the latter.
OrientSeb
Fresh Alias

Post by OrientSeb »

I’m working in Kirkcaldy at the moment after switching companies, there are some truly sh*t areas aren’t there 😂 few nicer bits too though right enough, like everywhere I guess.