Vigs gone

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: Vigs gone

Post by tuffers#1 »

Cheshunto wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:37 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:34 am Half Wits Speaking of Burying Heads in Sand , Losing good players after successful seasons is a thing that has always been a thing , Alan Comfort springs to mind . Where has your head been if you think this does not happen in Football ?
Sad fact is like many clubs we are a fair way down the ‘food chain’ and couldn’t possibly compete with a Premier League club offering one of our players a massive wage increase. We shouldn’t be too surprised and I’m sure that we can find a decent replacement a bit further down or up the ‘food chain ‘ to replace Vigs.
I have faith that Richie already knows who he wants and will get his man in time.
Vigs won’t be easy to replace but there is plenty of talent out there.
Agree fully .
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

Not 100% sure what all the fuss is about here tbh. There’s slim to no chance of the O’s being able to retain any player who gets a knock on the door from a Premiership team. Vigoroux is a good goalkeeper but there’s plenty of other good goalkeepers about who could fill his spot adequately. The trick will be in bringing in the right replacement of course.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

redintheface wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:47 am Not 100% sure what all the fuss is about here tbh. There’s slim to no chance of the O’s being able to retain any player who gets a knock on the door from a Premiership team. Vigoroux is a good goalkeeper but there’s plenty of other good goalkeepers about who could fill his spot adequately. The trick will be in bringing in the right replacement of course.
There are lots of good goalkeepers about. There aren't many - if any - at this level who are as comfortable with the ball at their feet as Vigs was. And that is crucial to the way Wellens has us playing.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

redintheface wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:47 am Not 100% sure what all the fuss is about here tbh. There’s slim to no chance of the O’s being able to retain any player who gets a knock on the door from a Premiership team. Vigoroux is a good goalkeeper but there’s plenty of other good goalkeepers about who could fill his spot adequately. The trick will be in bringing in the right replacement of course.
Exactly this, plenty of keepers are good with there feet, the game now demands it .
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Good luck to him, he’s been great.

Probably the easiest position for us to replace though.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:45 am
There are lots of good goalkeepers about. There aren't many - if any - at this level who are as comfortable with the ball at their feet as Vigs was. And that is crucial to the way Wellens has us playing.
You may be right. If that’s the case we’ll just have to accept a more basic solution. So long as the bloke can keep the ball out of the back of our net as well as Vigoroux, personally I’d be happy.
RBMarshall
Fresh Alias

Post by RBMarshall »

Even though I accept that the only loyalty in football is the fans, I still think when a player is treated well by a club and offered a new contract before their existing one expires, a relatively low buy out clause would suit both parties.
If for example vigs had a two or three hundred grand buy out cause in a 2 year contract signed before the end of the season, I don't believe that amount would deter any big clubs from taking him but it would be a very useful amount for Orient in finding a replacement.
Also in the event no bigger clubs come in, the player has the security of a two year contract before the existing contract ends.
I'm almost sure the club would have tried something similar but I'm guessing it's the agents that advise their clients not to sign?
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

All about money sadly but good luck to the man
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

RBMarshall wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:30 am Even though I accept that the only loyalty in football is the fans, I still think when a player is treated well by a club and offered a new contract before their existing one expires, a relatively low buy out clause would suit both parties.
If for example vigs had a two or three hundred grand buy out cause in a 2 year contract signed before the end of the season, I don't believe that amount would deter any big clubs from taking him but it would be a very useful amount for Orient in finding a replacement.
Also in the event no bigger clubs come in, the player has the security of a two year contract before the existing contract ends.
I'm almost sure the club would have tried something similar but I'm guessing it's the agents that advise their clients not to sign?
No reason why a player would want to sign on those terms it's not in their interest. If the club receives money as a "buy out clause" the player won't get a signing on fee. from the club he joins.
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

Probably treble his money, boost his international chances, and train at good facilities, then when he leaves a Championship club will probably pick him up

Sad really, he will probably start a cup game if he is lucky in the next 12 months, but he is 29 and got to earn the money
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler ... e&yt0=Show

A list of Goalkeepers available
Pages of them
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

No doubt we will sign a decent replacement , I would bet my life that the first goal the new keeper let's in people will say Vigoroux would have saved that 😂😂
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

BIGRON wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:43 am No doubt we will sign a decent replacement , I would bet my life that the first goal the new keeper let's in people will say Vigoroux would have saved that 😂😂
Yes, I thought much the same Ron, but let’s see we might get a nice surprise.
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

BIGRON wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:43 am No doubt we will sign a decent replacement , I would bet my life that the first goal the new keeper let's in people will say Vigoroux would have saved that 😂😂
You seem to have a poor opinion of us fans. I think we are better than that.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

He didnt do well with Stockports 3 goals , Hope the new gk has that line nailed down .
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

RBMarshall wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:30 am Even though I accept that the only loyalty in football is the fans, I still think when a player is treated well by a club and offered a new contract before their existing one expires, a relatively low buy out clause would suit both parties.
Why should Vigs sign such a contract, effectively handing over the signing on fee he would receive to Orient?

He's not daft.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:57 am Good luck to him, he’s been great.

Totally disagree.

You have totally underestimated the impact he had on the team last season, especially with regard to how he enables us to play possession football.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:09 pm Why should Vigs sign such a contract, effectively handing over the signing on fee he would receive to Orient?

He's not daft.
That's the thing for any of the out of contract players. Moving somewhere else gives them chance of a signing-on fee plus potentially a wage increase too. More incentives to leave than there are to stay.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:11 pm

Totally disagree.

You have totally underestimated the impact he had on the team last season, especially with regard to how he enables us to play possession football.
There are plenty of very good young keepers at big clubs who have been playing with their feet from a young age.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

gshaw wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:00 pm
TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:09 pm Why should Vigs sign such a contract, effectively handing over the signing on fee he would receive to Orient?

He's not daft.
That's the thing for any of the out of contract players. Moving somewhere else gives them chance of a signing-on fee plus potentially a wage increase too. More incentives to leave than there are to stay.
I’ve said it for years. Orient don’t do enough keeping their best players under long enough contracts to get money back when they leave
cymruO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cymruO »

No announcement from the club, nor the BBC that Vigs has gone to Burnley or anywhere. While we wait to hear about him and the unsigned players, I'm searching for any rumours about who might be interested in them, and rumours about who we're interested in. Beginning to think there's no one - Stevenage have hoovered them all up.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Most likely because Vigs still contracted untill 30th of.June .

Stevenage have announced an Arsenal keeper
Is joining them but he isnt signing until 1st of July .

Its not a Done deal Yet
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Totally disagree.

Don't get me wrong, he's decent with his feet but he's hardly Pirlo back there. He punts balls out of play a fair bit and the playing out from the back is usually 3 yard passes, not pinging 50 yard balls like Ederson to the wingers.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

OTF Photography Ltd wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:06 pm

Totally disagree.

Don't get me wrong, he's decent with his feet but he's hardly Pirlo back there. He punts balls out of play a fair bit and the playing out from the back is usually 3 yard passes, not pinging 50 yard balls like Ederson to the wingers.
:lol:

The rewriting has already begun.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

OTF Photography Ltd wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:06 pm

Totally disagree.

Some tw*t will claim History is being
re-written because you dont think he was Pirlo .

🤣😂