Season Ticket Sales

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Season Ticket Sales

Post by Long slender neck »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:47 pm
Token wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:56 pm If we sold another 1000 season tickets then that would be probably £300k that could be banked now. Why would any business turn that down on the off chance that you could get slightly more in 6 months time??
Agreed . Even if you only got another 500 its £150 K. One of the Most Bizzare decisions the Powers that be have made since taking the Club over & nothing but Silence from the TOP !
Not sure £300 is the average ticket price.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Tuffers- did you by any chance not purchase your ticket in time?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Long slender neck wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:39 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:47 pm
Token wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:56 pm If we sold another 1000 season tickets then that would be probably £300k that could be banked now. Why would any business turn that down on the off chance that you could get slightly more in 6 months time??
Agreed . Even if you only got another 500 its £150 K. One of the Most Bizzare decisions the Powers that be have made since taking the Club over & nothing but Silence from the TOP !
Not sure £300 is the average ticket price.
average early bird isnt , but normal S/Stand ticket would be over £300 . 1000 new apllications for east west & south would make an average total over £300k
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Long slender neck wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:43 pm Tuffers- did you by any chance not purchase your ticket in time?
In 50+ years of Supporting the O's
I've never purchased a Season Ticket .
I pay full price, I am not a Schnorrer !.

This is about standing up for those
who havent yet bought a Season ticket
for whatever reason & a Club not doing
The right thing .

Ie setting clear parameters !
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

They won’t turn down the extra revenue of more season tickets and I’m confident they’ll go back on sale in a week or so. I suspect the cap is possibly for 3 reasons:

- to try to flog hospitality packages now seats with the mere mortals have all gone.

- to give the ticket office time to catch up after record demand

- to create a frenzy for first time purchasers when they do go back on sale where I’d expect the club will sell only a max of another thousand will be available, so act quick! This means they’ll go like hot cakes when they’re back available. Quite clever to manage supply and demand and therefore anticipation like this.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Most clubs have caps on Season Ticket sales, it makes perfect business sense.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Wonder if they’ll produce a waiting list, which is ludicrous but surely a possibility, if only to drum up even more demand
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

banqo wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:19 pm How about wait and see what the club does?
Stop being sensible. It will get you banned from this place :D
Lost not Found
Fresh Alias

Post by Lost not Found »

banqo wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:19 pm How about wait and see what the club does?
Good idea, I'll go off and discuss all the signings we've made instead.

It is the only news at orient at the moment and we're deep enough into the off season that it's as close to anything interesting as could be.

I'm not a fan of the communication aspect, it feels a tad gruby and much more DFS than Harrords as a shopping experience which given our product it closer to the latter I'd rather a different tone or at least not multiple updates a day.

But... they had an Early Bird season ticket window that was announced well in advance, and anyone who wanted to buy one at the price has been able to, so given no one would want to pay the full whack if they could avoid it, this will only really affect a small number of people that needed to wait another month for financial reasons (which is fair enough of course, and I am sure they'll be back on sale before the season starts at full price even if the club wait a few weeks to accommodate those fans).

Long term fan growth is an interesting idea, but I'd counter with Season Tickets being as important if not more, football like any other vice that is bad for your pocket and mental health is a habit. A kid who goes to 10 games a year leaving an empty seat 13 times is more likely to still be going as an adult than one that gets dragged to a one off game in my opinion. Obviously we need both and that's a temporary issue based on not being sh*t last season but that'll sort itself out by about November with plenty of tickets to go round and space to stretch out.

Interestingly I had a nose at Stevenage's website at the Weekend to see how their prices compare, and they haven't even started selling them yet which seems bonkers to me, I'd have thought Wallace would have been walking around the bars after they clinched promotion with a card machine making hay while the sun shines.
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Yep, it's terrible that we've not made any signings yet. 🤯
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Lost not Found wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:09 am
Good idea, I'll go off and discuss all the signings we've made instead.

It is the only news at orient at the moment and we're deep enough into the off season that it's as close to anything interesting as could be.

I'm not a fan of the communication aspect, it feels a tad gruby and much more DFS than Harrords as a shopping experience which given our product it closer to the latter I'd rather a different tone or at least not multiple updates a day.

But... they had an Early Bird season ticket window that was announced well in advance, and anyone who wanted to buy one at the price has been able to, so given no one would want to pay the full whack if they could avoid it, this will only really affect a small number of people that needed to wait another month for financial reasons (which is fair enough of course, and I am sure they'll be back on sale before the season starts at full price even if the club wait a few weeks to accommodate those fans).

Long term fan growth is an interesting idea, but I'd counter with Season Tickets being as important if not more, football like any other vice that is bad for your pocket and mental health is a habit. A kid who goes to 10 games a year leaving an empty seat 13 times is more likely to still be going as an adult than one that gets dragged to a one off game in my opinion. Obviously we need both and that's a temporary issue based on not being sh*t last season but that'll sort itself out by about November with plenty of tickets to go round and space to stretch out.

Interestingly I had a nose at Stevenage's website at the Weekend to see how their prices compare, and they haven't even started selling them yet which seems bonkers to me, I'd have thought Wallace would have been walking around the bars after they clinched promotion with a card machine making hay while the sun shines.
"An early bird renewal" Offer & not " early bird for everyone " . It is a clear distinction of marketing &
Sales .following ex 2 while wording example 1 is Deceitful by the Club ,
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Crazy that Stevenage haven’t even started selling season tickets yet 😂😂
Neptune's Spear
Fresh Alias

Post by Neptune's Spear »

Cheshunto wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:56 pm Crazy that Stevenage haven’t even started selling season tickets yet 😂😂
And we've already got a million in the bank, that obviously gives us an advantage over other clubs when it comes to acquiring new players and offering improved contracts
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Neptune's Spear wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:13 pm
Cheshunto wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:56 pm Crazy that Stevenage haven’t even started selling season tickets yet 😂😂
And we've already got a million in the bank, that obviously gives us an advantage over other clubs when it comes to acquiring new players and offering improved contracts
An advantage over Derby who sold 18000 last season ?
Neptune's Spear
Fresh Alias

Post by Neptune's Spear »

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:23 pm
Neptune's Spear wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:13 pm
An advantage over Derby who sold 18000 last season ?
That's an excellent point, thank you ;-)
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

I went to the shop and applied for my ticket a few weeks ago and opted for easy payments , yesterday I recieved an e.mail saying I had to reply saying I agree to the 4 payments , the e.mail said if I didn't reply it would be presumed I no longer want the season ticket and my application would be voided ☹️ I wonder if anyone who's opted for the easy payments doesn't get the e.mail ( they do get lost ) therefore not getting the season ticket 🤔🤔
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

Anything further been heard about ST going back on sale or do we reckon that cap is now final?
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Stevenage have just announced 1000 sold.