Season Ticket Sales

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

PotatOhead
Fresh Alias

Re: Season Ticket Sales

Post by PotatOhead »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:11 pm
PotatOhead wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:11 pm
LPE wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:30 pm There are 5-6 teams who, if it was a Saturday and especially if they’re on a run, that could fill the East.

I don’t see it though. It would be a backward step after all the good work the club have done to increase home attendances.
I know 100% this is being discussed they’re looking for a solution but it’s a difficult one looking like some of the big teams will take over the east. Not ideal but good to get max revenue
How do you know this 100%?
Can’t say but why would I lie haha
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Same reason as I make stuff up on here, just to stir.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

But nobody believes you, they know you're just a Sh!t Stirrer .
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Orient Punxx wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:11 am
LittleMate wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:53 am
Orient Punxx wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:42 pm Was coming down on Tuesday to sort - fukin joke.
You mean you have had 6+ weeks to do this, the club then extend the deadline and in that extended deadline period you had decided to come down and finally sort your season ticket. For that reason the club is a joke?

ROFL :lol:
Yep hilarious - that I just so happen to want to drive 120 miles in advance of something stated by the club.
You going to go down & throw some f#cks at them this week ?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Cheshunto wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:46 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:33 pm
PotatOhead wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:11 pm

I know 100% this is being discussed they’re looking for a solution but it’s a difficult one looking like some of the big teams will take over the east. Not ideal but good to get max revenue
Its a HOME game fill it with Orient Fans !!!
I think it all depends on how we’re doing as to whether ‘ casual Orient ‘ fans come along……….if we’re getting stuffed each week the club may want to let 3,000 away fans take over the East and take their money.
If we’re mid table or above then we’ll probably get more home fans along, but it’s a difficult one for the club with limited capacity and potentially big away followings.
But by the same logic, we’ll get a lot of ST sales now whilst we are riding the wave of promotion. Stopping them buying on now when they won’t show if we are getting stuffed, you’ve already got their money.

Either way, giving the whole stand to other teams is little leyton orient and a backwards step. But also would be perhaps a wake up call to those thinking the owners are in it for the love of the club
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

OTF Photography Ltd wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:34 pm
Cheshunto wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:46 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:33 pm

Its a HOME game fill it with Orient Fans !!!
I think it all depends on how we’re doing as to whether ‘ casual Orient ‘ fans come along……….if we’re getting stuffed each week the club may want to let 3,000 away fans take over the East and take their money.
If we’re mid table or above then we’ll probably get more home fans along, but it’s a difficult one for the club with limited capacity and potentially big away followings.
But by the same logic, we’ll get a lot of ST sales now whilst we are riding the wave of promotion. Stopping them buying on now when they won’t show if we are getting stuffed, you’ve already got their money.

Either way, giving the whole stand to other teams is little leyton orient and a backwards step. But also would be perhaps a wake up call to those thinking the owners are in it for the love of the club
This idea was originally postedby Mark Devlin , its a terrible decision , whoever brought it to the table !
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2023/ ... es-reach-/

Sales of season tickets now stopped. 4,600 sold, so approximately half of all seats. :lol:
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

They’re seriously over estimating how many peole are going to turn up every week
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

They will be put back on sale at the full price in a week or two.
Token
Fresh Alias

Post by Token »

If we sold another 1000 season tickets then that would be probably £300k that could be banked now. Why would any business turn that down on the off chance that you could get slightly more in 6 months time??
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:32 pm https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2023/ ... es-reach-/

Sales of season tickets now stopped. 4,600 sold, so approximately half of all seats. :lol:
I assume that this figure is way higher than we normally sell at this stage ie the first week of June.
I suppose realistically we could be looking at sales of 5,000 if the club start selling again at the higher price, which must be some kind of record ??
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

I am over 65, and I've bought a concession season ticket for £274. If the season ticket option had not been available I would still go to every game at £22 per match. So effectively by selling me a season ticket, the club has lost out on an additional £232 and given it to me. I expect that there will be many other supporters similar to me. It would have been in the clubs best financial interest to not sell me a season ticket. However there will be many other supporters that consider £22 per match is too expensive and they only attend matches because they get a season ticket discount. The club would be wise not to lose these supporters. If season tickets remain off sale, there will obviously be disgruntled supporters who want one, and ironically these supporters will probably be the less committed supporters that the club needs to be not upsetting, so the club are potentially playing a dangerous game if season tickets don't come back on sale. I would hope the club starts a waiting list. Orient would not be unique in having a season ticket waiting list. It would be interesting to know when other clubs have a waiting list, the percentage of home tickets available on general sale and how we compare. I suspect that most other clubs in this category sell out on a regular basis, and whilst we did last season, the club might have been wiser to see how our attendances hold up in a less successful season before disgruntling some of their supporters.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:51 pm I am over 65, and I've bought a concession season ticket for £274. If the season ticket option had not been available I would still go to every game at £22 per match. So effectively by selling me a season ticket, the club has lost out on an additional £232 and given it to me. I expect that there will be many other supporters similar to me. It would have been in the clubs best financial interest to not sell me a season ticket. However there will be many other supporters that consider £22 per match is too expensive and they only attend matches because they get a season ticket discount. The club would be wise not to lose these supporters. If season tickets remain off sale, there will obviously be disgruntled supporters who want one, and ironically these supporters will probably be the less committed supporters that the club needs to be not upsetting, so the club are potentially playing a dangerous game if season tickets don't come back on sale. I would hope the club starts a waiting list. Orient would not be unique in having a season ticket waiting list. It would be interesting to know when other clubs have a waiting list, the percentage of home tickets available on general sale and how we compare. I suspect that most other clubs in this category sell out on a regular basis, and whilst we did last season, the club might have been wiser to see how our attendances hold up in a less successful season before disgruntling some of their supporters.
Have over 65 prices gone up from what was it £ 16.50 or £18 then on last season ?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Cheshunto wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:42 pm
TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:32 pm https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2023/ ... es-reach-/

I assume that this figure is way higher than we normally sell at this stage ie the first week of June.
I suppose realistically we could be looking at sales of 5,000 if the club start selling again at the higher price, which must be some kind of record ??
So it wasnt an earlybird renewal , just buy a Season ticket everyone , p.s we arent going to bother to tell you there is a limit , Because we mug others now as well !!!!
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:51 pm I am over 65, and I've bought a concession season ticket for £274. If the season ticket option had not been available I would still go to every game at £22 per match. So effectively by selling me a season ticket, the club has lost out on an additional £232 and given it to me. I expect that there will be many other supporters similar to me. It would have been in the clubs best financial interest to not sell me a season ticket. However there will be many other supporters that consider £22 per match is too expensive and they only attend matches because they get a season ticket discount. The club would be wise not to lose these supporters. If season tickets remain off sale, there will obviously be disgruntled supporters who want one, and ironically these supporters will probably be the less committed supporters that the club needs to be not upsetting, so the club are potentially playing a dangerous game if season tickets don't come back on sale. I would hope the club starts a waiting list. Orient would not be unique in having a season ticket waiting list. It would be interesting to know when other clubs have a waiting list, the percentage of home tickets available on general sale and how we compare. I suspect that most other clubs in this category sell out on a regular basis, and whilst we did last season, the club might have been wiser to see how our attendances hold up in a less successful season before disgruntling some of their supporters.
The clubs you quote as having a waiting list also de-facto charge you for being on that list because you have to be a "club member". Its the same at some of those clubs just to buy a matchday ticket.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Perfectly put.

I'm sure the club know this and will shortly be putting STs back on sale at the post early-bird price.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

LittleMate wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:19 pm
The clubs you quote as having a waiting list also de-facto charge you for being on that list because you have to be a "club member". Its the same at some of those clubs just to buy a matchday ticket.
Most have Bigger grounds upto 6 times our capacity . Imagine the Spuds or Arse' putting a cap on ST sales @ 34,000 , Ludicrous decision & directors & board would be called out as HALF WHITS !
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Cant grow the fan base by selling all our seats to old farts.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Cant grow Crowds by cutting ST to 4.6 k. . Stockport last season over 7k S.T & 5 miles from manure & Citeh so big clubs near us tells me their board does more for them .
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Token wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:56 pm If we sold another 1000 season tickets then that would be probably £300k that could be banked now. Why would any business turn that down on the off chance that you could get slightly more in 6 months time??
Agreed . Even if you only got another 500 its £150 K. One of the Most Bizzare decisions the Powers that be have made since taking the Club over & nothing but Silence from the TOP !
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

God. You're on one tonight aren't you!
Neptune's Spear
Fresh Alias

Post by Neptune's Spear »

Can anyone figure out roughly how all these ticket sales add up to in cash ?
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:01 pm Have over 65 prices gone up from what was it £ 16.50 or £18 then on last season ?
I sit in the West Stand

2022-23 Concession £18 (Matchday £21)
2023-24 Concession £22 (Matchday £25)
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

banqo wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:04 pm God. You're on one tonight aren't you!
Yup :mrgreen: . Stupidity from others tends to lead to this from me .
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

How about wait and see what the club does?