Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Re: 7,844

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:11 am Building this club up, is impossible with a ground that wont allow more than 9000 odd supporters in it.
We HAVE to move, or stagnate, its as simple as that
Going to pay for it?
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

OyinbO wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 11:03 am
TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:41 am These aren't real numbers though, are they?
Surprised it took so long for someone to point it out. Mr Devlin was once drawn on the reality of the numbers of people who showed up - a number they do track - and on that occasion it was IIRC more than a thousand under the number said to have "attended".

Crowds have been good this season, no doubt - and the Club should be commended for that. Just not as good as the official stats suggest.
Exactly this.
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

soloman wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:50 pm
Harlow wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 11:54 am 7844 would put us in 14th place for League 1 attendances. There is a closer correlation between attendances and league position in League 1 than in league 2.

Hopefully the east stand can be modified so that some of the existing away section can be given over to home fans when the away crowd isn't expected to be too big, otherwise hard to see how we can increase attendances too much
Only if were doing well and the good times are rolling .If not it will be back to the 5000 . Whenever I'm in Leyton it seems to me like that part of the population don't give a crap for Orient .
More E10 based fans than ever. Why did you come to that conclusion?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Orient Punxx wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:15 pm My daughter has brought in c 30 different colleagues/friends through the turnstiles this season .The appeal is the footy/the stadium and the Leyton pubs after. ie The Leyton Experience. They won’t be going anywhere else!
That’s good to hear and the fact leyton is now a place people actually want to go to after games helps us. It’s also why I think we should leverage our prime location by offering local food, coffee, beer. Even doing food and drink markets on the pitch on non-match days, for example. Getting the local community involved and interested
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Local food?
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

Lifelongfan wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:32 pm
soloman wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:50 pm
Harlow wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 11:54 am 7844 would put us in 14th place for League 1 attendances. There is a closer correlation between attendances and league position in League 1 than in league 2.

Hopefully the east stand can be modified so that some of the existing away section can be given over to home fans when the away crowd isn't expected to be too big, otherwise hard to see how we can increase attendances too much
Only if were doing well and the good times are rolling .If not it will be back to the 5000 . Whenever I'm in Leyton it seems to me like that part of the population don't give a crap for Orient .

Agreed. I live here and it’s changing on a large scale.

I see kids on Francis Road and elsewhere around the manor wearing O’s shirts now. That did not happen at all 10 years ago.

They’re from here and are proper born n bred Leyton kids and have been brought to BR to support their local team.

Mum & Dad might be from elsewhere but they’ve transplanted into the community and embrace it and are the next generation.

Long may that continue.
Neptune's Spear
Fresh Alias

Post by Neptune's Spear »

Please correct me if Im wrong, but isnt this the first season where our attendance figure is the number of tickets sold, not the number of punters actually in the stadium as has previously been the case.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

LPE wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:30 pm
soloman wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:50 pm Only if were doing well and the good times are rolling .If not it will be back to the 5000 . Whenever I'm in Leyton it seems to me like that part of the population don't give a crap for Orient .

I see kids on Francis Road and elsewhere around the manor wearing O’s shirts now. That did not happen at all 10 years ago.

They’re from here and are proper born n bred Leyton kids and have been brought to BR to support their local team.

Mum & Dad might be from elsewhere but they’ve transplanted into the community and embrace it and are the next generation.

Long may that continue.
We took our Grandkids to the “ Promotion Party “ last Sunday week and I’ve never seen so many people, adults and kids, wearing Orient shirts which is fantastic to see.
The problem the club faces is how we can fit everyone in the stadium next season for most of the games.
Derby, Reading, Sheffield Weds, Peterborough, Oxford, Cambridge will all bring large followings
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Neptune's Spear wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:33 pm Please correct me if Im wrong, but isnt this the first season where our attendance figure is the number of tickets sold, not the number of punters actually in the stadium as has previously been the case.
Sure it happened last season as well but we werent up to much & not many sell outs .
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

Cheshunto wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:51 pm

Long may that continue.
We took our Grandkids to the “ Promotion Party “ last Sunday week and I’ve never seen so many people, adults and kids, wearing Orient shirts which is fantastic to see.
The problem the club faces is how we can fit everyone in the stadium next season for most of the games.
Derby, Reading, Sheffield Weds, Peterborough, Oxford, Cambridge will all bring large followings
That’s only 6 or potentially 5 out of our 23 home matches. Will only become an acute issue if we are riding high. The Club are doing the right thing in investigating capacity tweaking in the East and the ticket exchange will continue to become an increasing asset over time as its use increases.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Neptune's Spear wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:33 pm Please correct me if Im wrong, but isnt this the first season where our attendance figure is the number of tickets sold, not the number of punters actually in the stadium as has previously been the case.
It is.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Cheshunto wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:51 pm

Long may that continue.
Fitting everyone in will only be an issue if we are considered successful. or play the right brand of football and are competitive. There will be plenty of room for everyone if we spend the season in a relegation struggle.

It will be interesting to see how many season tickets we sell. I think that will be a key factor in shaping the board's medium/long term thinking on the issue - possibly even their attitude to investing further. Something along the lines of "if the supporters do not invest for the next season after this success then why should we invest for the long term". its a pretty big spin up for the board; to look for and build a 15-20,000 complex.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

From a statto website …
http://european-football-statistics.co. ... e/leyo.htm
… it’s our highest average attendance since the 77/78 season.

Even the 13/14 season when we got within a penalty shoot out of the Championship, we only averaged under 5,500.

Our 12 year stay in the second tier from 1970 we averaged over 7,500, but since then over the decades we’ve been averaging between between 4,000 and 5,000, the 80s being the only time it dipped lower.

But enter Travis & Teague, and their average has increased to over 5,500, so the stats certainly bear out what we all know in that the club is heading in the right direction.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:16 pm Local food?
Well, local producers. There’s loads of coffee providers in the area, Union coffee is in Stratford. There’s pizza places, fruit and veg places, Turkish, Asian, bakeries etc..all with small businesses within a few miles.

There used to be a good market in coronation gardens pre match a few years ago, which was great.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Also, not joking when I say this. Why not appeal to the hipster community? Record fairs, vintage clothing markets, real ale festivals, etc…all in the stadium/on the pitch
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

OTF Photography Ltd wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:34 pm Also, not joking when I say this. Why not appeal to the hipster community? Record fairs, vintage clothing markets, real ale festivals, etc…all in the stadium/on the pitch
Sorry but I draw the line at hippies on the pitch. It's bad enough that it is literally infested with Jesus freaks every second Saturday.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

OTF Photography Ltd wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:34 pm Also, not joking when I say this. Why not appeal to the hipster community? Record fairs, vintage clothing markets, real ale festivals, etc…all in the stadium/on the pitch
You should see Theo Archibald's pals
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

OTF Photography Ltd wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:26 am Think our lowest attendance was 6300 ish which is pretty mad. I’m sure we never regularly got that even in the fantastic 13/14 season.
Or for promotion in 2005/06 - when the average must have been in the 4000 bracket. But that was 17 years ago.

Well done to all - season ticket holders, those who attended a match and those who bought a ticket and didn't attend.