Should we become a Christian club?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Should we become a Christian club?

Post by The Mindsweep »

OTF Photography Ltd wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:47 pm So how do we feel about our sacrilegious’Taxi’ being replaced by a Christian choir as the players walked out on one of the biggest days in our history?
Couldn't care less. As an atheist I'm used to the church lording it over everything. It's wrong of course but everyone knows that it's the end of days for the church and I for one am looking forward to it being consigned to history.

Can't really hear Taxi being played due to the poor sound system and I turn up to watch the football, not listen to some little musical novelty
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

OTF Photography Ltd wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:47 pm So how do we feel about our sacrilegious’Taxi’ being replaced by a Christian choir as the players walked out on one of the biggest days in our history?
Dont think itll be a permament switch .
LeighO
Fresh Alias

Post by LeighO »

If having an imaginary friend helped Moncur and El Mizouni play the way they have this season, then good luck to them, and any other O whatever their beliefs.
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

I’d have preferred a tannoy bible based anecdote about the burning bush.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

The Mindsweep wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:09 pm
Couldn't care less. As an atheist I'm used to the church lording it over everything. It's wrong of course but everyone knows that it's the end of days for the church and I for one am looking forward to it being consigned to history.

Can't really hear Taxi being played due to the poor sound system and I turn up to watch the football, not listen to some little musical novelty
Taxi was played on Saturday straight after the singers had sung.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

IMO It was not handled very efficiently by the organisers, it should have ben better. I would have had them singing earlier and a couple or more songs and they needed a song that the whole choir got into straight away, not a solo slow build up. It was a football match.

Stick to "Taxi" in future are my thoughts on it.
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

EliotNes wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm
IMO It was not handled very efficiently by the organisers, it should have ben better. I would have had them singing earlier and a couple or more songs and they needed a song that the whole choir got into straight away, not a solo slow build up. It was a football match.

Stick to "Taxi" in future are my thoughts on it.
Taxi for Mr Nes.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

I suppose a draw is because both teams have a Christian