OUT OF CONTACT PLAYERS

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

OUT OF CONTACT PLAYERS

Post by faith1234 »

Smyth brown beckles vigouroux lyden clay sweeney
Pratley sargeant happe Byrne tanga fish

Who would you keep and who to get rid of
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: OUT OF CONTACT PLAYERS

Post by Orient Punxx »

Keep the lot - happy to see the whole squad giving it a go next season.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

I’d say top priority to keep as many as poss of:
Smyth/ Vigouroux/ Happe/ Brown/ Beckles

Depends on other ins & outs, but ideally would like the following to stay:
Pratley/ Sweeney/ Clay/ Sargeant &or Byrne (we need two decent keepers)

Release:
Lyden

Don’t know enough about to have a view on:
Tanga or Fish
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

faith1234 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:46 am Smyth brown beckles vigouroux lyden clay sweeney
Pratley sargeant happe Byrne tanga fish

Who would you keep and who to get rid of
Are you saying there is no communication between these players and management? I find that hard to believe.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Priority order:
Smyth
Happe
Vigs
Beckles
Sweeney
Brown

El miz probably trumps them all

Release Thompson, Clay and Lyden.

Gks don’t mind either way
Youngsters I can’t comment

Pratley is an interesting one. I’d have to him on a low wage if he wants to do some coaching as well. Part time replacement, leader, etc…who’s good to have around but think league one might pass him by as a starter.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Craig Clay was barely a squad player in league 2, and people on here want to hand him a L1 contract? Madness.

If Orient are serious about consolidating and staying in league 1 then there can be absolutely no room for contracts based on sentimentality.

Smyth & Vigs are absolutely league 1 level players so we should do everything we can to keep them.

Happe is good enough for L1 so keep him aswell. Beckles worth a new contract but I reckon he might struggle a bit in the division above.

Sweeney is very promising so get him on a long term deal if possible.

Brown is versatile and a decent squad option but don’t know if league 1 level. Wouldn’t be too upset if he went.

Clay, Lyden, Sargeant, Byrne can all go.

Pratley I’m not too sure. Worth having him the changing room for experience I guess but I suppose that’s a bit of a sentimentality contract that I mentioned earlier. So probably he can go too.

Far more important than who we keep is who we bring in. El Miz has to be top of the shortlist. Any other player we bring in needs to be proven at L1.

We desperately need at least 2 strikers. Defence needs a bit of a booster as well (especially at CB).

Midfield, even if we do manage to get El Miz needs strengthening too.

In fact, the more I think about it the more I realise that quite a rebuild is needed to survive in League 1 next season. Going to be a real test for Wellens and Ling. Get it wrong and we’re straight back in L2.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Spot on rev. Agree with all of that.

Brown is an interesting one. Still young and improved loads this season. I think the key for his success is he can play CM and RB and even CB at a push. He gives a manager loads of options because if he’s on the pitch playing cm you can take your rb off and slot him there and bring on an attacking player for example.

I’d expect us to be able to sign about half of the out of contract players. But the step up means we need to really strengthen even if we are to compete
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Yup basically as above

Vigoroux, Happe, Beckles, Smyth are the spine of the team and it goes without saying El Miz is the lynchpin that knits it all together. Hope they all stay and develop together in that tight-knit group.

Of the loan players Turns back on a season-long loan please, sounds like that might happen based on what he said yesterday so fingers crossed.

Sadlier definitely has the quality if he's willing to up his workrate defensively, with the right strikers ahead of him I can see a lot of his crosses being converted as he puts in some lovely whipped deliveries.

Pratley on a 1-year maybe, provided we replace Clay with a L1 equivalent to cover El Miz. Brown has proven himself in filling that utility player role.

Two strikers to come in, one to replace the gap vacated by Smith and the other depending on what happens with Kelman.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

My ideal starting lineup next year is:

Vigs

Hunt Beckles happe sweeney

El miz new cm

Moncur

Smyth new st Theo
LeighO
Fresh Alias

Post by LeighO »

I heard Turns repeatedly tell someone Brighton wouldn’t sell him, before eventually saying another year long loan may be possible . My take aways from that were 1, he never actually said he wanted to come back either way, 2, the loan thing may have been just a way out of a boring, circular conversation.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

The Reverend wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:06 am Craig Clay was barely a squad player in league 2, and people on here want to hand him a L1 contract? Madness.

If Orient are serious about consolidating and staying in league 1 then there can be absolutely no room for contracts based on sentimentality.

Smyth & Vigs are absolutely league 1 level players so we should do everything we can to keep them.

Happe is good enough for L1 so keep him aswell. Beckles worth a new contract but I reckon he might struggle a bit in the division above.

Brown is versatile and a decent squad option but don’t know if league 1 level. Wouldn’t be too upset if he went.

Pratley I’m not too sure. Worth having him the changing room for experience I guess but I suppose that’s a bit of a sentimentality contract that I mentioned earlier. So probably he can go too.

Far more important than who we keep is who we bring in. El Miz has to be top of the shortlist. Any other player we bring in needs to be proven at L1.

We desperately need at least 2 strikers. Defence needs a bit of a booster as well (especially at CB).

In fact, the more I think about it the more I realise that quite a rebuild is needed to survive in League 1 next season. Going to be a real test for Wellens and Ling. Get it wrong and we’re straight back in L2.
Agree with the sentimental signings. Our strengths this season may hinder us next. This group are so close that a) someone like El Miz not signing may effect the others and b) as you mentioned, giving out contracts to someone like Pratley who cannot play another season in league one would be a mistake.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

The Reverend wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:06 am Craig Clay was barely a squad player in league 2, and people on here want to hand him a L1 contract? Madness.

Byrne won't be going anywhere I Promise you ! Sarge Probably will
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

LeighO wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 2:08 pm I heard Turns repeatedly tell someone Brighton wouldn’t sell him, before eventually saying another year long loan may be possible . My take aways from that were 1, he never actually said he wanted to come back either way, 2, the loan thing may have been just a way out of a boring, circular conversation.
To be fair to him, without the Happe injury he never would've been here and if Happe was fit he might not of played, plus McCArt too, so Turns appearances this season are probably are a misnomer, he could stay and probably start two games till Christmas next season
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Orient Punxx wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:58 am Keep the lot - happy to see the whole squad giving it a go next season.
They are such a tight knit bunch of players I'd hate to break them up . However if we want to consolidate in League 1 we can't be sentimental . I would also add one or two new strikers and try to sign El-Mizouni
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 2:49 pm
Orient Punxx wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:58 am Keep the lot - happy to see the whole squad giving it a go next season.
They are such a tight knit bunch of players I'd hate to break them up . However if we want to consolidate in League 1 we can't be sentimental . I would also add one or two new strikers and try to sign El-Mizouni
It's easy though this season to be tight-knit, even the players who aren't playing are happy due to the team etc, when things aren't going well that will be the test of it all
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

In an interview in Jan or Feb, Richie said he'd be happy if all the players who were out of contract at the end of the season were re-signed.

As usual some will go we don't want to go, some will stay who we don't want to stay and we'll be happy or not with the signings until we see them play.

COYOs I'm looking forward to next season.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I think we have a very good chance of keeping all our out of contract players we want to keep. Whoever stays or goes will be Richie’s decision . After the season he’s just given us I would trust his judgment without question.
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Judging by some of the answers/responses I think a fair few will be surprised on this thread. Wellens takes a lot of store in having squad harmony; he's not about to rip the book up and start building a brand new squad. He's said as much in that he feels we should be able to be competitive at L1 level. Its far more likely to look at where we are deficient (up front obviously - but don't be surprised if Kelman is here next season) and add to what we have with first team additions, not just squad ones. As with everything it all depends on who signs. Last season Ritchie was happy when all 5 who's deals were up signed on again. I just can't see us being quite so fortunate again this season - but I trust Ritchie, Ling and the others to do their best.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

gshaw wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:11 pm Yup basically as above

Vigoroux, Happe, Beckles, Smyth are the spine of the team and it goes without saying El Miz is the lynchpin that knits it all together. Hope they all stay and develop together in that tight-knit group.

Of the loan players Turns back on a season-long loan please, sounds like that might happen based on what he said yesterday so fingers crossed.

Sadlier definitely has the quality if he's willing to up his workrate defensively, with the right strikers ahead of him I can see a lot of his crosses being converted as he puts in some lovely whipped deliveries.

Pratley on a 1-year maybe, provided we replace Clay with a L1 equivalent to cover El Miz. Brown has proven himself in filling that utility player role.

Two strikers to come in, one to replace the gap vacated by Smith and the other depending on what happens with Kelman.
Agree 2 strikers are needed and I would sell Drinan as I don’t see him as a L1 player. Clay should also leave . MCarb should return to his club . I rate Ogie but I think that RW is frustrated with him having been sent off at the end of last season and this
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Whatever happens, Lingy is in for a busy next few weeks sorting out contracts for all that lot!
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Adz wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:05 am Whatever happens, Lingy is in for a busy next few weeks sorting out contracts for all that lot!
Not sure lazing round a pool and drinking beers is ‘busy’. That’s his usual May routine,anyway
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

All depends on how Carlisle Utd do in the playoffs but if they don’t go up there keeper could be a good backup 6ft 9
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

OTF Photography Ltd wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:17 am
Adz wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:05 am Whatever happens, Lingy is in for a busy next few weeks sorting out contracts for all that lot!
Not sure lazing round a pool and drinking beers is ‘busy’. That’s his usual May routine,anyway
What most Brits do on a Summer Holiday .
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Totally agree.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

PoundhillO wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:28 am

Totally agree.
Yep go along with that however I can see Brown developing into a good player maybe a replacement for Pratley? Who might be offered a player coaching role ?🙈