Ratings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Ratings

Post by Beradogs »

Sargeant. 7.5. Would give you heart attacks watching a season of him as he always seems to leave it to the last nano second before clearing it but distribution was excellent. No real saves to make.
Sweeney. 8. Best compliment you can give him is that he looks like he has been playing professional football for years. What a breakout season for him.
Mccart. 9. MOM. Last ditch tackles, blocks, headers. Mccarthorse consigned to the bin where it belongs.
Ogie. 7. Decent game but doesn’t have the ball playing skills that Wellens so admires in his defenders. No real choice with the sending off. In hindsight was exactly the right thing to do as he stopped a near certain goal.
Thompson. 8.5. The only blemish he was possibly at fault for Ogie’s sending off but aside from that he was rock solid.
Brown. 9. Love him. Wins so many headers for someone average in height. Wins so many tackles for someone who is skinny as a rake. Good on the ball. Can play just about anywhere. This kid will only get better.
Clay. 7.5. Digs in and never lets anyone down.
Smyth. 7 Relatively subdued and was subbed when we went down to 10
Ruel. 7.5. Oh Ruel. What to make of thee. An awful footballer who is mighty effective someone once said. His control and general play was poor and he put us in the merde twice with a terrible touch but when the chance came you just knew he would score. Will almost certainly join us in league one but no idea what position he will play.
Sadlier. 8. Getting better as the season goes on. Wasn’t sure at first but I think his attacking endeavours outweigh his defensive frailties and would like to see him stay.
Kelman. 8. Really lively. Best he has played this season?

Subs. 6. Drinnan had one decent effort.

Wellens. 8. Can do no wrong at the moment. He has every player giving everything for him and the club. Some of the highest ratings this season with half our starters missing.

Mansfield. 5. Considering it was a big game for them they played like kittens.

Ref. 2. Terrible. Got so many decisions wrong I lost count.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Re: Ratings

Post by EastDerehamO »

Thanks for ratings, pretty much agree.

The performance showed the depth & spirit of the squad I thought, great to see the likes of Thommo out there and given the captain's armband too. Felt Sadlier was doing more tracking back than I'd noticed before, which RW has no doubt encouraged, he looked very threatening every time he got the ball.

Ref sure wasn't the best, had to smile when the Stags' fans started chanting "you don't know what you're doing" when he pulled play back from what could have been a promising O's attack to give us a free kick for offside way back in our half.
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Spot on Mr B. Spot on.
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

he pulled play back from what could have been a promising O's attack to give us a free kick for offside way back in our half
======================================

That was comical. What a clown
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Disagree on Ogie, think he’s very good on the ball and thought he got a touch on the ball for the sending off.

No one had a bad game but on that performance, I can’t see Clay or Thompson being around next year. Noticeably worse than the rest.

Mccart, Brown and Sadlier the stand outs and was impressed with Sargents distribution
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Good ratings dog, can’t disagree with any of that. All the younger players Sweeney,Dan Hape and Brown have improved immensely this season so I really hope we get off to a good start next season as I think they will continue to improve but if we don’t there form may drop? That’s when the supporters will have to be patient. Thought Sadlier had a good game and could be playing for a contract?. As you said I think Brown is possibly the find of the season for me🙊
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Beradogs wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:22 pm Ogie. 7. Decent game but doesn’t have the ball playing skills that Wellens so admires in his defenders.
Absolute rot. Ogie is as comfortable on the ball as any of our other centre halves. So much so that lots of people were - incorrectly - suggesting he play as a 6 for us.
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

Thompson should have done better when they scored, and could have cleared the ball before the incident with Ogie. He did ok when he played as a CD. 6.5 for me.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:05 pm
Beradogs wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:22 pm Ogie. 7. Decent game but doesn’t have the ball playing skills that Wellens so admires in his defenders.
Absolute rot. Ogie is as comfortable on the ball as any of our other centre halves. So much so that lots of people were - incorrectly - suggesting he play as a 6 for us.
That was not the point the Dog made - and the dog is right. Ogie cannot play Wellens passing game with the same effect as the others. Happe ain't brilliant at it and RW can't afford to not have a ball playing centre back so Ogie has and will continue to miss out. A pity because he can defend very well in the traditional sense.
Petrov788
Fresh Alias

Post by Petrov788 »

Happe has the best long passing of all our defenders. Ogie is an excellent passer of the ball, particularly on the ground. It's one of his stronger points, he gets beaten in the air too easily for someone of his size.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

LittleMate wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:13 pm
That was not the point the Dog made - and the dog is right. Ogie cannot play Wellens passing game with the same effect as the others. Happe ain't brilliant at it and RW can't afford to not have a ball playing centre back so Ogie has and will continue to miss out. A pity because he can defend very well in the traditional sense.
I respectfully disagree. But to be fair, it's been so bloody long since I've seen him play, I can't really remember. :lol:

I always thought Ogie was being excluded because of his tendency to try too much and lose the ball.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:54 pm

I respectfully disagree. But to be fair, it's been so bloody long since I've seen him play, I can't really remember. :lol:

I always thought Ogie was being excluded because of his tendency to try too much and lose the ball.
Its a game of opinions!

RW mentioned something last week about his application in training. It might be that because he's such a good athlete he only wants to put it in on a Saturday. Its allowed those that show RW what they are about in training to push ahead of him.

Whether he's with us or elsewhere I think he has a decent career ahead of him - its just a question of how far he really wants to go.
Jman
Fresh Alias

Post by Jman »

Sargeant: 8- Extra point for this performance having come in so late in the day. Thought he might be a little nervous but didn’t look it all. Despite only the one outing to judge, genuinely looks an improved keeper, and distribution whilst not always 100pc was impressive.

Thompson: 8- Was very good I thought, they didn’t really get a sniff down his side.
McCart: 8- Easily his best game for us. Looked like he’d been instructed to go back to basics and his positioning was great. Clearly a decent defender and playing with no pressure obviously helped.
Ogie: 7- Thought he was having a really good game until his sending off. Surprised we haven’t seen more of him this season, some crucial blocks. Red card was hard to see but thought he could have touched it, would be interesting to see the replay.
Sweeney: 6- Dynamic performance but they had by far the most joy on his side, needs to be more disciplined defensively and hold his line.

Clay: 8- Good shift. Great volley to set up the first goal that came off the post. His industry helped see the game out.
Brown: 9- Thought he was everywhere. Top performance. Did both parts of the game really well, particularly defensively. Perhaps not as eye catching as El Mizouni but he filled in brilliantly for him.

Smyth: 7- Usual Smyth, loads of running and terrorising their left back. Not a lot came off but such an important player for us, creates loads of space. Hooked early because of the red.
Sotoriou: 7- Some nice touches and a good finish. Can disappear.
Sadlier: 8- One of his best games for us. One bit of skill to kill the ball, turn his man and shoot just over in the first half was sublime. I’d lean on keeping him next season if we can.

Kelman: 7- Lots of hard running and a simple finish. He’s not the answer but he’s definitely better than Drinan

Subs 6- Nobody really made an impact but all helped see it out
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

LittleMate wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:26 pm
TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:54 pm

Its a game of opinions!

RW mentioned something last week about his application in training. It might be that because he's such a good athlete he only wants to put it in on a Saturday. Its allowed those that show RW what they are about in training to push ahead of him.

Whether he's with us or elsewhere I think he has a decent career ahead of him - its just a question of how far he really wants to go.
Remember he had a hamstring injury which they thought was a quad at northampton game , RW said before what you correctly mention a couple of weeks prior Shad wasnt trusting his muscles & I get that .
Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fisch »

Bergen wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:57 pm Thompson should have done better when they scored ......
Can't agree with you on this one, their guy sprinted in from the far post and was found by the guy crossing the ball from the right, the goal scorer met the ball without having to check his stride.
Thompson saw him go and chased after him and nearly got there but there's nothing a defender can do if a striker sprints into a space and meets the ball coming in. Mind reading might help l guess.