League 1 next season.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

OrientSeb
Fresh Alias

League 1 next season.

Post by OrientSeb »

Apologies if it’s already been posted, but who do you want to see promoted/relegated from League 2 with us, and from the championship down to league 1?

For me it’s purely selfish, living north of the border I want as many northern teams in the league as possible. Carlisle, Bradford and Stockport would be brilliant but can’t see that happening.

From the Championship Wigan and Blackpool (would be two new grounds for me also) and QPR cos it would be a decent away day.

Additionally would like Sheffield Wednesday to fail in their efforts to go up from League 1 cos again that would be a brilliant away day. And also would probably mean Ipswich have gone up giving us more of a chance of getting El Mizouni permanently.

What’s everyone else’s ideal scenarios?
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: League 1 next season.

Post by EH16 »

OrientSeb wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:30 am Apologies if it’s already been posted, but who do you want to see promoted/relegated from League 2 with us, and from the championship down to league 1?

For me it’s purely selfish, living north of the border I want as many northern teams in the league as possible. Carlisle, Bradford and Stockport would be brilliant but can’t see that happening.

From the Championship Wigan and Blackpool (would be two new grounds for me also) and QPR cos it would be a decent away day.

Additionally would like Sheffield Wednesday to fail in their efforts to go up from League 1 cos again that would be a brilliant away day. And also would probably mean Ipswich have gone up giving us more of a chance of getting El Mizouni permanently.

What’s everyone else’s ideal scenarios?
I too live in Scotland so I am pretty much in agreement with your choices. I wouldn't be sad to see Cardiff come down as I have a good friend who lives there and it'd be a good excuse for a weekend.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Yes, I too hope our squad has lots more draining journeys up and down the motorways of the UK so that I can get to a few away games easily. :roll:
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Would prefer Wednesday to stay down as I have absolutely zero recollection of our last trip to Hillsborough and feel the need to do it again. I know I went but that's about it, wasn't even drunk. Been to Barnsley, to they can go up with Plymouth and Ipswich and leave us an easy trip to Peterborough.

Blackpool and Wigan look nailed on, QPR joining them would be great, failing that Reading.

Hope Cambridge stay up because local.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

An away game at Ipswich would be pretty bloody decent.

Everyone has been saying we hope they go up so that they'll release El Miz - thinking about it, if they do stay down they're more likely to want to sell him to us rather than one of the bigger L1 teams who they'd see as genuine promotion contenders....?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Wouldn't mind a trip to Cardiff.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Not Northampton got right on my wick when they started chanting at our place about going up last season with a few games to go. I thought it was Karma at it's finest when Rovers thumped Scunthorpe on the last day and they missed out.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Imagine singing about getting promoted before it was mathematically certain! Could never be us.
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:02 am Yes, I too hope our squad has lots more draining journeys up and down the motorways of the UK so that I can get to a few away games easily. :roll:
:clown
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Proposition Joe wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:15 pm Imagine singing about getting promoted before it was mathematically certain! Could never be us.
Same as the Gills fans cheering when they won a penalty. You've not scored yet, you presumptuous ****s!
OrientSeb
Fresh Alias

Post by OrientSeb »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:02 am Yes, I too hope our squad has lots more draining journeys up and down the motorways of the UK so that I can get to a few away games easily. :roll:
Even if all my permutation’s were to come true, it’s still a pretty southern based league with lots of “local” trips, this season has been more gruelling than next would be in terms of travel, and we seem to have done okay…