Current Loans

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Current Loans

Post by Stan1972 »

El Mizouni - Absolute must signing ✍️
With Ipswich looking good for Championship, I am sure every O’s fan would like to see the club offer a great package to sign El Miz on a permanent 2-3 year contract.
Throw in the captains armband, we need him next season, it would be a backward step to lose him, he is the complete CM player, the team needs to be build around El Miz.

Ed Turns - Season long loan
Cannot see Brighton releasing him, if they do we should sign him up on a permanent deal, if not definitely should sign for next season on season loan deal. Turns is only going to get better and in L1 will get more time on the ball to play out from back & will be a big player for us alongside Beckles & Happe.

I would not want any other loans to stay.

Big job for the transfer committee next season in L1, the squad needs a big overhaul, as we have a lot of players who are not L1 standard, and if we are to secure L1 status next season, recruitment is going to be key, we don’t want to do what Forest Green have done.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Re: Current Loans

Post by Proposition Joe »

If we even have a chance of getting El Miz, it's an absolute must. Everyone else on loan, not too fussed about.

Turns has been solid but sure we could replace him with a young PL defender on loan easily enough.
Kelman - nah, capable of a great finish but nowhere near consistent enough at this level so can't see it happening in the division above.
Sadlier - jury's definitely out, despite yesterday's worldie. I think he's slotted into the system pretty well and the way he plays has helped the way we move the ball in forward areas, especially after our sticky patch in Dec/Jan but I don't he's done enough personally to make him a 'must' signing.
Duke-McKenna - who knows? Don't think we've seen enough of him to judge. Will trust RW if he thinks he's worth another year on loan.
McCart - nah.
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

Luckily for us Forest Green have shown us what can happen, so I’m hopeful we won’t fall into the same trap
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

Transfer committee have a big job
Which I am sure they will do well 😉🤞
Would like to see us sign Luke Armstrong from Harrogate, scored again yesterday, 14 goals in a struggling Harrogate side.
He has pace, good in the air and can obviously take a chance.
It’s going to be a busy and hopefully enjoyable summer in recruiting for L1, especially in the attacking department for L1 next season, currently we do not have a forward (No. 9 or 10) of L1 standard, sorry in my opinion that includes Ruel.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Stan1972 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:22 pm El Mizouni - Absolute must signing ✍️
With Ipswich looking good for Championship, I am sure every O’s fan would like to see the club offer a great package to sign El Miz on a permanent 2-3 year contract.
Throw in the captains armband, we need him next season, it would be a backward step to lose him, he is the complete CM player, the team needs to be build around El Miz.

Ed Turns - Season long loan
Cannot see Brighton releasing him, if they do we should sign him up on a permanent deal, if not definitely should sign for next season on season loan deal. Turns is only going to get better and in L1 will get more time on the ball to play out from back & will be a big player for us alongside Beckles & Happe.

I would not want any other loans to stay.

Big job for the transfer committee next season in L1, the squad needs a big overhaul, as we have a lot of players who are not L1 standard, and if we are to secure L1 status next season, recruitment is going to be key, we don’t want to do what Forest Green have done.
I completely with all of that .
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

B.whitehouse+10more wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:35 pm Luckily for us Forest Green have shown us what can happen, so I’m hopeful we won’t fall into the same trap
But they've not got Drunken Duncan on board now. So watch them fight their way back to Div 4.
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

I agree Luke Armstrong would be a great addition to the team
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Spot on OP, I think we have a good chance for both though El Miz won't come cheap. Board must dig deep as Idris is worth every penny.

Need to improve massively in the striking department, the only other one to consider is Sadlier... has all the quality but a gamble on his level of commitment. Only Wellens can decide if he's seen enough to justify a move.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Lovely goal from Sadlier yesterday but we need to see more from him like that
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

El Miz - If Ipswich go up we have a chance.

Turns - on a seasons loan is a win/win for player and both clubs

Sadlier - we agreed a fee with Bolton when the loan deal was done, We haven’t seen the best of him but he would add something to the squad and has been invaluable with Archibald out so I would take him.

Everyone else thanks very much but no thanks.

Our shopping list for the summer is pretty obvious.

Hopeful the out of contract players will stay.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

I wouldn’t keep Sadlier. Great goal yesterday but overall he’s too lightweight and doesn’t cover with any conviction. We can do better.
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

Ritchie seems to have taken quite a shine to Kelman.
Wouldn’t surprise me if RW tried to make it permanent.
Not sure about Turns, he’s done a good job whilst he’s been here. I would guess he was bought in as a back up to McCart but circumstances gave him his chance and he’s taken it.
With, hopefully, Happe back to full fitness next season, would Brighton want him here in a back up role?
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

My current loan is getting difficult to pay back ☹️
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

For a start we must sign the likes of Vigs Beckles Smythe and Happe. Then turn to El Miz.Ipswich know they have a class player and I cannot see him coming to us . We don’t need Turns as we have Happe and Ogie as left sided CB . We will need to replace Thompson. Don’t think Charlton will offer Bonne another deal and he will struggle to earn his current pay. Could be a good signing. What about Brophy to come back for Stadlier Beefing up the middle will be essential.
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Alfie May up top please. He's proven in League One.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

PKM wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:29 pm Ritchie seems to have taken quite a shine to Kelman.
Wouldn’t surprise me if RW tried to make it permanent.
Not sure about Turns, he’s done a good job whilst he’s been here. I would guess he was bought in as a back up to McCart but circumstances gave him his chance and he’s taken it.
With, hopefully, Happe back to full fitness next season, would Brighton want him here in a back up role?
With Drinnan havinig another season I can't see RW takn Kelman ermanently. There are better otions to be had.
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

Stan1972 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:43 pm Transfer committee have a big job
Would like to see us sign Luke Armstrong from Harrogate, scored again yesterday, 14 goals in a struggling Harrogate side.
It’s going to be a busy and hopefully enjoyable summer in recruiting for L1, especially in the attacking department for L1 next season, currently we do not have a forward (No. 9 or 10) of L1 standard, sorry in my opinion that includes Ruel.
The only problem I can see is Lings insistence on not getting signings done early and we miss out on our primary targets, then are stuck with 2nd, 3rd or 4th choices .
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

I reckon all the loans will be in the reckoning to be retained. Probably the reason Sadlier and McCart came here in the first place.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

banqo wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:34 pm Alfie May up top please. He's proven in League One.
Proven strikers such as Alfie May will have a string of suitors, and will probably be out of Orients price bracket. Why would he come to us? If we are to splash the cash, I'd rather it went on El Mizouni, who might want to stay. That said I am sure there will be plenty of suitors for El Mizouni as well. We may have to hope whoever found El Mizouni also has a secret striker up his sleave.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

PoundhillO wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:15 pm
The only problem I can see is Lings insistence on not getting signings done early and we miss out on our primary targets, then are stuck with 2nd, 3rd or 4th choices .
Poundy, let me save you the effort and write your posts going forward - don’t worry, I know exactly what to say.
Petrov788
Fresh Alias

Post by Petrov788 »

should look at some of the better players of teams that don't manage to go up with us.
PotatOhead
Fresh Alias

Post by PotatOhead »

This and also any team does better when signings come in early and can gel etc
O Superman
Fresh Alias

Post by O Superman »

...... and those signings have kept us top of he league all season and with a point on Tuesday, will have got us promotion. Well done Martin. If I were him, I would use the same tactics next season. Oh, hang on. It's all done by a 'transfer committee' isn't it? So nothing to do with Ling at all then. Sorry, I'm a bit confused, :lol:
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

Poundhill why don’t you just enjoy the position we’re in, and leave it to the people who put us in this position and let them worry about the squad for next season, I trust their judgement.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Like this season?